• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • well.. somehow Trump got elected once... if that isn't the punchline to a horrible joke idk what is xD
    Spoiler:

Anyway, idk if they're a complete joke, but us foreigners do often find them funny 😇
    Half tempted to Agree, half tempted to Disagree because of the word completely... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nachos are better with a dip.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I guess so. They are definitely good. I guess you could make a point for fries made of sweet potatos, though.

Wasting time is good.

Years
  • Disagree. "wasting" already implies something negative. If what you call wasting is doing things slower, relaxing or stuff like that, then it's not wasting time imo. Because if you feel like doing this stuff, then it means your brain and/or body needs that. So, it's not a waste of time, but instead it's useful to recharge.

With the passing of time, schools will fail at educating.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'm not sure what you mean with "with the passing of time". Schools already fail at educating. But yeah, seeing how it is now and how society is becoming less and less inclined to intellectual things, I agree.

It must be cool to have a twin.

Pizza is better than sushi

I've never had any desire to eat sushi and I love pizza, so I definitely agree.
    Exactly the same XD

Years
  • Disagree, one reclusive weirdo of a Glaceon is more than enough. :coolcat:

Although there are likely to be positive sides to it; I doubt it 'must' be cool so Disagree.

The world isn't black and white.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Sure. But that gray really makes things difficult, sometimes; especially when people take advantage of it in order to further their own agenda...

Sometimes it's necessary to reinvent the wheel, metaphorically speaking.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd like examples before I can agree with that. Most of the time, if some idea already exists, you benefit from building onto that rather than doubling the work.

Kindness is always the answer.

Years
  • Disagree. If someone punches me I'm not just gonna go 'Why how lovely of you to start hitting me... shall I assume a better position for you to more efficiently beat me up?'
    Just one example btw, I'd rather not keep going.
    Drop the always and it might be a different matter.

Staying motivated while doing something monotonous is not easy.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Agree as I and my experience at working at a pastry factory and the multiple mental breakdowns I had during the time can testament. ^^"

Forum Games needs a better picture on the top.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    oh wow you're right. books? books?? wheres games

Plushies are soothing.

Years
  • hmm... idk... I just kinda put them on display tbh xD
    I guess they can be. Agree, I guess?

You're never too old for plushies and figures :coolcat:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I already spend my days reading articles or emails or code at work, code as a hobby, forum posts and any message I get on Discord, WhatsApp, and so on...
    If you mean books, I don't know. I feel books are overrated overall, even if I'd say they get you to know / learn / maintain vocabulary, and your attention.
    I don't know if I agree.

You should always do sports.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Disagree, you should take breaks, eat or sleep sometimes, as well.

Smashing stuff is fun!
    I already spend my days reading articles or emails or code at work, code as a hobby, forum posts and any message I get on Discord, WhatsApp, and so on...
    If you mean books, I don't know. I feel books are overrated overall, even if I'd say they get you to know / learn / maintain vocabulary, and your attention.
    I don't know if I agree.
    Idk about overrated. They do way more than just serve as a way to teach reading comprehension. They give you a way to learn new stuff in a closed environment without distractions like ads or videos. Story books also allow you to imagine cool worlds and stuff. Moving pictures, like movies, can't really compare to that.

You also don't strain your eyes as much over a long period of time. As opposed to screens, especially those backlit ones. As someone whose eyes start hurting after staring at a monitor for hours every day I can attest to that. ^^"

Years
  • Depends. If it's just something like broken trash I guess it could be.
    If it's still functional it would probably feel like a waste to me, so Disagree I guess.

You shouldn't worry about what people think of you.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • It depends on the context. For instance, I would want my loved ones to think highly of me, as well as potential employers, and so on. However, in the context of my day-to-day social life, I don't think too much about what others think of me. Instead, I just attempt to be myself as much as possible and if people like me for it, then great, but if they don't, then that's their loss.

Life is better with a circle of close friends.

Years
    • Seen today
    I wouldn't know. I'm definitely more of a loner. I only have one super close friend and that was someone I met through this forum. (as the friendship was trusted enough to exchange contact info outside of here) I'm content with this and I think the quality of company kept is better than quantity.

It is most comfortable to sleep with one pillow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back