• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree (2.0)

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Agree. Opinions are mainly emotional and intuitive, and then people look for arguments to justify them.

You don't need to be rational all the time.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I usually have a hard time to find a quote I like. But one definitely falls into that category: "Rationality is the exception of the rule". I think we get stuck in this very toxic mindset that every decision needs to be rational which is just impossible with all the things going on around you all the time; especially when you've spend your entire workday making "right" decisions you'll just wear yourself out. And then being forced to continue with that outside of work? I don't believe in that.
    It really is just capitalist ideology; nothing more, nothing less.
    Agree.

You can change a system from the inside.

Years
    • Seen today
    It has historically been proven, so yes. Most 'systems' (particularly government) still run on the engine of the people under it. Even a totalitarian regime invoking fear is nothing without it's people. One person can invoke a cause which has a domino effect for change.

Vanilla Ice-Cream is better than Strawberry

Years
  • Definitely agree. It's probably my favourite taste, but anyway I think that fruit flavoured ice creams are most of the times nothing too exciting. It's hard to find a very good one imo.

Laptops are more comfortable than tablets

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Agreed, but I guess that depends on what you want to do with either... I can't code and I can't play Skyrim with a tablet :)

You should try to improve everyday.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Sure, even though this is vague enough to count anything as improvement.

Every country should use the same currency.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • It would certainly make things simpler, which I'm all for. But which country's currency system should be picked? Plus all the stubborn people that would complain about having to learn a different currency. Either way though, I agree.

Immigration shouldn't be as difficult as some countries make it.

Years
  • Disagree. Immigration is indeed difficult and not all Countries experience it the same way. Surely, some Countries are not really handling it well, some others are. Idk, I am not too much into politics, but I feel like it's one of those topics where's a big layer of things that we don't know and a lot of things to take into account. What's sure is that I'd never deny people to come to a Country. I feel like in that case, it's not a problem of numbers but of regulation. However, I am not really into the topic as I said before, so I might just be saying something stupid. Yet, according to my limited knowledge, that's my take on it.

Did you end up doing/are you following the right path for the job of your dreams?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I did, but you hurt yourself in your confusion, you confused "agree or disagree" with "answer the question above"

Practice any sport, but do practice some sport.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Disagree. You can go outside without having participating in some sort of sports. And you can get your socializing in other ways, as well.

Football/Soccer is overrated.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I agree. Soccer sucks. I've never seen so many people get so excited for a sport where the players barely score anything. lol

Most holidays are pointless.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Disagree. It's maybe good when you've just broken up, but you will end up feeling very alone...
    Spoiler:

It's hard to make funny songs.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It's hard to be funny, in general. Agree.

Pokemon should change mascots in every generation.

Years
    • Seen today
    Disagree. I can understand why Pikachu will always be the mascot. It's familiar to a broad audience. I can agree with changing the box mascots every generation.

Technology will look completely different in 20 years.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
  • Disagree. It may have some drastic changes, but I think that most tech in the future will have at least a similar base of the tech of today.

Sword & Shield's Pokémon designs aren't as bad as some people make them to be.

Years
  • Strongly agree. While I was sad that so many prior gen mons were purged, I really liked 90% of the monsters they did introduce in swsh, and would rank Galar higher on my list for regions with cool pokemon. Nickit, Flapple, Appletun, Yamper, Frosmoth, Sirfetch'd, the horses, Corviknight, Dragapault, Hattarene, Alcremie, Wooloo, Gossifleur's line, Morepeko
    Centiskorch, Polteageist and the cover legendaries are some pokemon that get my Milotic fin of approval.

The options for the US 2024 presidential election are horrible.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The options for any US presidential election these days are horrible. Agree.

We can still do something about climate change.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Agree. Might not be able to completely reverse it. Should be able to halt the progress, at minimum. Vaguely recalls the Covid pandemic improving things for a short while. Does not recommend replicating the changes wrought by the pandemic. Suggests change is still possible, though.

Will the world do something about it? Feels more pessimistic on that. Expects countries to sign pledges, then do nothing about them because it costs money. Could be wrong on that. Hears little on how committed other countries are. Bases it on how the United States's struggles.

Prefers pencils over pens.

Back