• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Hero's Curse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaydeh

Banned
Years
  • Down And Out

(*)(IC)(*)​

Rolven halted his walk to investigate the small crowd of people that had gathered around the downed Kanu. He had been far behind him and didn't get the chance to see what attacked the dark-haired young man. It must've been something powerful if it could take down someone with Abilities. Well, whatever it was, it sure didn't stick around for too long. Heh, It must've known I was coming. Coward. Rolven couldn't sense its presence anywhere close.

But what's this? Right next to Kanu, there was a woman slumped on all fours. There was pain in her violet eyes that Rolven could identify with. That had to be the Curse that was affected her. Somehow he always knew he wasn't the only one, but actually seeing others suffer the pain like he had is what drilled the realization into his heart. They could all do with a cure.

Suddenly, a tall red-haired male busted through the crowds and looked down to the two Ability bearers struggling against the Curse. At this point, Rolven could tell that Kanu had lost consciousness. The big question was whether he was actually dead or just out cold. He better not be dead. I need those answers.

He looked towards the newest member of the crowd. His direct eye-contact was somewhat withered by the cascade of red bangs that fell over one of his dark eyes. In fact, the stranger's eyes seemed to be lost, almost as if he was deep in thought. Or maybe he was concentrating on something. Meditating, even? Perhaps he had an Ability that could treat the downed man and woman.

"You," Rolven pointed a finger at him. "What's the matter with them?" he ordered, querying about the two. If this man could do something to bring back Kanu - more importantly Kanu's answers - then he had better do it now. "What Abilities do you possess? Better be something worthwhile. I've seen enough needle-pinheaded circus freaks for one day."

He crossed his arms. "I'm Rolven, learn the name."

(*)(*)(*)​

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • OOC: Qai is currently in his "ghost" form. In this form he is invisible and can pass through physical objects . . . If it would be more convenient, I can edit my post and have Qai return to a physical form before he approaches the scene. Would that be preferrable? ^-^;;

Shaydeh

Banned
    Years
  • OOC: I misread your post then. That explains the "literally moved through the crowd" thing I was having trouble with ^^'. I suppose it would make sense for you to edit your post but since I'm the one that made a mistake maybe I should edit mine? Dunno. Whatever you want to do...

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    The sound of a girl calling disturbed Kanu's thoughts. She appeared to be in pain but he could not see her. The pain that was coursing through his body was one he had never experienced. It would affect his arms, but now after his encounter, his neck and back had begun to sore as well. He couldn't ease the pain at all this time, and it was becoming almost unbearable.
    His mind was unstable as his body was immobile. He could hear and feel people around him, but could not see their faces. The pain was taking over.

His clean white shirt creased as his muscles tightened. His trousers waved restlessly against his legs as he lay motionless on the ground.
    He had not imagined being beaten so easily. He had always been so sure of his Abilities, and thought that when the time came, he would be ready to use them accordingly. However, he had underestimated the enemy and was now suffering the consequences of his carelessness.

Kanu's mind stirred as a particularly strong presence appeared beside him. The presence was strong, but was also beginning to become unstable, as the pain of the curse continued. The pain however, was becoming more stable and less intense as time continued to pass.
    As Kanu lied helplessly on the ground, his mind half alert, two new presences caught his attention. The first was familiar, and he immediately recognised the source as the outsider he had encountered, only minutes before. It was Rolven. The second presence however, was new to him, but also carried a strong vibe around its host.
    His strength, as well as his mind, was slowly returning to him. His head ached as he finally regained consciousness, though he was still in no position to move.
    My…body… his mind thought. I…can't…move…
    A whimper from his side suddenly caught his attention. The strong presence he had felt beside him was revealed to be a young girl. The same girl he had seen with Teria and the group when they had all first met, and when he had first heard of a rumour about a cure.
    Kanu forced his head to the side in order to see the first of his accomplices. The girl was young and had long blue hair. Her eyes screamed a bright violet as she watched him from her position. Her hands clutched the sides of her head, covering her ears. Kanu perceived that the curse's effect had overwhelmed her as well, yet he could do nothing to help her, let alone help himself.
    The two other presences remained strong but out of sight, as Kanu continued to lay helplessly by the girl's side.

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
    Years
  • Ethis heard a commotion from where Razz had gone. "Oh, this is just great." She said as she pushed her way through the crowd. When she got through, she saw Razz, and apparently the other person's name was Kanu, on the ground. Kanu looked barely conscious, and Razz was holding her ears and her eyes were tightly shut.

Ethis looked at Razz. "Hey, are you okay? It's the curse isn't it?" Ethis yelled in a somewhat bored, somewhat worried tone. This is forking perfect. We've got the Donut-Munchers needing help, but we also have two people with the Curse acting up. Lose-lose sitiation. "If you need me to get the others for you and ...Kanu, I can."

...I don't think she can even hear me. ...I'll go get everyone else. Maybe the'll think of something. Ethis ran back through the mass of people surrounding Razz and Kanu. Being a midget is so very convenient. Makes slipping between crowds so much easier.

After mere seconds of running as fast as she possibly could (Mind over matter, she says.), she saw the rest of the group, and shouted, "Slight emergency! We have two people that the curse has decided to affect, and some Donut-Munchers to help. I really don't know what to do! Actually, maybe the 'fighters' could go help the 'cops', and people who don't really like to or can't fight, could go check on Razz and ...that other guy. Little help, please?"

OoC: 'Sitiation' is how I say 'situation.' {Sit-chee-aesh-un} :P Sorry if this post made little-to-no sense. I'm slightly confused to what is going on. But, I have read all posts so far. Sorry for my noobishness.

Dark Night

Skitsofrantic all out runner!!
    Years
  • Razz couldn't here what somone was saying, but she knew someone else was there, and it wasn't Kanu. Razz continued to clutch her ears, she opened her eyes and she saw Kanu by her, but she couldn't see who had been talking to her earilier. Kanu was looking at her, he noticed her pain, as she noticed his. How stupid, I came here to help him, but I can't even do that.
    The pain from the curse was torturing Razz's body. It was hurting her too much. The ringing in her ears was letting off, but she was still hurting. She could something of another guy yelling in his mind, Rolven, she thought. The curse was letting up a little, enough for her to move around a little. She turned to Rolven, he saw her, and then started pointing at her and Kanu. She ignored him for the moment and moved toward Kanu. "Is there anything I can do to help?" She aked with a little strain in her voice. She looked at him worried. This curse was a curse, they really needed to find a cure!

SilverTail

Noble Warrior of Woodsclan
    Years
  • ((whats goin' on? I'm completely lost T.T))

Haru stood in the shadows in the alley where the robbers were, watching them silently as they talked. I've got to find out wether their masks or not.....before I do anything.... He thought to himself, lying low, hoping that someone else would come. He stood there for who knows how long, he didn't have a watch so it felt like hours. What are they going to do now... He wondered to himself.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • [OOC: Since several other posts have already occurred, I will respond to the situation in this post . . . ]

Qai studied Kanu and Razz for several long moments before glancing up at the other Ability-users who had begun to arrive. Without a word, the male slipped silently to the back of the crowd and placed himself beneath the dense shadows of the nearest building. In this situation, I think I'll be a little more useful in physical form. Besides, de-activating one of my Abilities should lower the potency of the curse. Qai blinked once. As his eyes opened, physical form returned to Qai. And, as he stepped from the shadows and began to weave through the crowd toward the fallen, the slightly unfamiliar sensation of touch was again felt.

At Rolven's inquiries, Qai's dark eyes shifted briefly toward him. No one needs to know of my Abilities for now, so . . . Unslinging his backpack from his shoulder, Qai knelt beside Kanu, calmly replying, "They're Ability-users, right? If I had to guess, I'd say the 'curse' everyone's talking about is probably affecting them. As to me having Abilities . . . Sorry, but I can't grant that kind of medical help." Looking up at Rolven as he unzipped his backpack, Qai smiled slightly. "Just the normal kind."

Qai's smile faded as he removed a water bottle from his backpack and returned his attention to Kanu. In a few deft movements, the red-haired youth removed the bottle lid and tilted Kanu's head slightly upward--supporting his head with one hand. Without looking up, Qai addressed Rolven. "If you want to help, there's another water bottle in my backpack. See if you can help the girl." Then, lowering his voice, Qai poured a few drops of water into Kanu's mouth, murmuring, "This might help revive you a little. Can you drink any?"

Shaydeh

Banned
    Years
  • Help?

(*)(IC)(*)​

Rolven grumbled beneath his breath. This is exactly why the only crowd he preferred to travel with was his thoughts. Sure, they could get a little heavy at times but they could never slow him down to such lengths. The option of helping these new Ability Bearers was not compulsory. His decision practically came down to whether they'd do the same for him if he was down. Personal experience told him not. All his life he traveled alone and never asked for any help from anybody. In return, he expected not to be asked for his involvement in their personal matters either.

He looked down as the red-head provided quench-full water to Kanu. He had regained consciousness but he still appeared to be out of it, as expected. The blue-haired girl wasn't doing too well herself. Should he help her?

Well, the sooner everyone was back on their feet the sooner they could get moving. He told himself that that was the only reason he even considered helping her at all. With that decided, he rushed over to the stranger's bag, and began to rummage through it until he found the water bottle he was looking for.

He knelt down next to the girl and hesitantly held the bottle's head close to her lips. Why the hell am I nervous? It must've been the crowd all around him, further suffocating his personal space. Anybody who doesn't have abilities doesn't need to be here. "Leave! All of you!" He barked at the circle of curious onlookers hovering above him.

None of them moved an inch however. He growled in frustration. He rushed to his feet and held the hilt at the centre of his double-bladed sword, pointing one of its sharp ends to a random member in the crowd. "You will leave this place. With, our without your souls, that is your choice." The man gulped, stumbled, and scampered out of sight. The rest the crowd didn't need to be told twice. Within seconds, the group of people had dispersed almost as quickly as they had formed. Rolven strapped his weapon back on. It was amazing how he hardly even had to use the thing to get what he wanted.

He then remembered the girl again. He knelt down besides her and gently put the tip of the bottle between her lips. Once she had taking a few sips of its contents, he helped her into a sitting position and forced one of her hands around the bottle. "Hold it yourself."

He stood up and walked a few steps away from her. Well, since the red-haired man seemed adamant on helping them, Rolven could leave him to do that. There was still trouble up ahead. The rest of them could catch up after they'd recovered – even though they probably won't even be needed once Rolven took care of everything.

His back was the facing the three of them. He turned his head slightly, paying them half a glance. "I'm moving on." And with that, he walked off towards the sirens once more. Hopefully nothing would slow down his progress this time.

(*)(*)(*)​

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    OOC: There was nothing really happening in the RP so I decided to injure my character in order to get things moving. The basic outline of the story so far (well, this is my interpretation of what's happening) is that Kanu had left to find the criminals in the city but ran into a hostile Ability-User. He got defeated by the stranger and soon after Razz, Qai, and Rolven showed up. Then Razz started to feel the effects of the curse as well and Qai decided to treat us. Rolven also helped and is now heading off to the real crime scene. The hostile Ability-User also fled. That's what I think is going on. Hope that helps the people who are lost. If I'm wrong, then ignore this post.

Dark Night

Years
  • Oh man! I can't believe I have to be helped by an enemy, I'm usually the one helping people. Razz sat up and gratefully took the bottle from Rolven. Even thoough he'd been so rude about it. The water, was helping. It wasn't a cure, or anything speacail, but it helped. After she was well enough that she could use her powers again, she got up and went over to Qui and Kanu. "Is there anything I can do to help?" she asked as she knelt down by them. Razz looked over Kanu, he seemed to be doing a little bit better.
    Razz thought for a moment. She was trying to decide wheather she should stay and help Kanu, or go towards the sirens where Rolven was, and help out there.
    Razz decided to stay, and see what she could do.

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Kanu felt relieved that Razz had recovered and also took some delight in seeing Rolven assisting another human being, especially one who possessed Abilities. His thoughts of Rolven during their last encounter remained constant in his mind. It made Kanu pleased that his heart was still good and that when needed, he would be there.

He felt the pain subside as the stranger laid him down. He smiled as the stranger and the girl crouched beside him watched over his tired body.
    "Thanks a lot…" Kanu breathed, as he waved as a sign of gratitude. "But, I'm fine now. There's still a crisis going on, you need to go help them…"
    The stranger and the girl looked uncertain at this thought. They appeared to be unsatisfied with his current condition and gestured for him to rest. This thought made Kanu happy, but he also knew that if his instincts were right about the criminals possessing Abilities, then there would be more trouble ahead.
    "I'm serious," he continued, still catching his breath. "If we don't stop them now, then more people will get hurt. I was stopped by just one of them, and I couldn't even use my Abilities. These guys are dangerous, so we have to help stop them before it's too late…"
    Finishing his sentence, Kanu slowly raised himself up onto his feet and clutched the wall beside him. Supporting his tired body against the alleyway wall, Kanu looked up at the two strangers and smiled. "Go, I'll catch up…"

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • [OOC: That decision is Alana's, but I do not doubt your character could still be incorporated into the storyline.]

Qai was silent as he watched Kanu slowly forcing himself to stand in an apparent attempt to prove he was alright. Though seeing a formerly unconscious patient now stand was naturally satisfying, seeing him require a wall for support was also to be factored into consideration. With only a brief moment of thought, Qai stood and turned to Razz with a decision. Swift action was needed, despite Qai's natural inclination toward granting as much thought toward a decision as could be afforded. "He's right. Something tells me that we shouldn't leave the other guy to fight alone. If you can, try to catch up with him." He smiled reassuringly. "I've got things covered here." Turning toward Kanu to halt any possible protest, Qai promptly added, "After all, if the situation is getting serious, then none of you Ability-users should be left alone, right?"

As though to end the conversation, Qai picked up his backpack, dropped his water bottle in, and zipped it up before slinging it over one shoulder.

Last edited:

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • OOC: Ok, because I really have no idea what's going on and have missed so much I'm going to just pretend that my character heard something while the others were talking and missed all the events. This way I can get caught back up and we can move this RP along a bit.

IC: Teria landed in the place she thought was the place she had left the others not too long ago. She assumed that she was either mistaken or they had left. She stared around for a moment, trying to get her bearings. They can't be too far off, she thought calmly to herself, it won't be hard to locate them. And it didn't. She walked for a very short amount of time and heard people talking. She also felt the wave of power coming from the many people with Abilities.

She had nearly reached the group when she felt a little jolt surge through her and she wrapped her arms tightly around her, her eyes closed and her face expressionless. After a few moments the feeling passed and she continued forward.

"What's happening?" She asked in a low voice when she reached them. She noticed Kanu was injured and frowned. It was never a good sign to see someone in the condition.

Dark Night

Years
  • Razz figured that Kanu was fine, and that Qui was right. She knew he was hiding something, she could here him thinking something. Razz headed in the direction that Rolven had gone. I've got to get there soon! As Razz ran, she heard people thinking. "They can't be too far off." she heard someone say. Razz couldn't figure out where she'd heard that voice, she knew she knew them. Razz turned a corner, and ran right into a group of people. She heard a lot of them yelling in their minds. She looked at who they were and realized that it was the group that she had met earlier that night. "Hey guys!" Razz yelled with enthusiasm. Yes! More help! "Boy am I glad to see you!"
    She looked at them all and then realized she needed to move. "We need to head towards the sirens. It's a group of Ability users cuaseing the trouble. They hurt Kanu. We need to get there fast and help Rolven!" I was hopping from one leg to another, very impatient to go. When Razz went to leave, she noticed Teira. She could hear that something was wrong with her. Razz walked closer to her. "Are you doing alright? I can hear somthing is wrong." Razz asked Teria with a worried expression on her face. The curse can't be affecting her as well?!

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • OOC: Sorry, I haven't been able to access PC for a bit, if this post seems misguided, forgive me...

~~~~~~~

Stab followed Teria to Razz. The chaos surrounding him was piling up quickly, and the disorder discomforted him. The curse acting up...something he'd never been trained for at The Facility. He felt his spikes shooting up through his back, not even being controlled by him. This was a nervous habit of his, it had been happening to him ever since he first discovered that he had Abilities.

A small jolt ran through his body, several more rows of spikes emerged from his arms and legs. Stab jerked his head abruptly, and the jolt stopped.

You're not taking me down Curse, my abilities are not yours for the taking.

On his own accord this time, Stab grew three long claws from each of his hands. He asked Teria, "Please, tell me whats happening..."

SilverTail

Years
  • ((I am sorry, I can not continue work in this RP due to the fact I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON, thank you for your time and goodbye *bows and leaves politely*)

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • Teria gave a half shrug as she turned to Stab. "I'm not really sure myself," she said, her voice low and even, "but from what I can see there's been some trouble. Kanu was injured, how I'm not sure. Some one attacked him. And the curse has bothered a few people as well, though that's nothing new," she paused, her dark eyes filled with a thought she worked to suppress as she knew there were those around who could listen in on her private conversations.

"There are many of us, people with Abilities, and although we barely know each other, we've all basically agreed to form a group, right? But then some one else with Abilities comes and attacks one of us. That's got to mean something. Right now we need to concentrate on the attacker and ignore the curse. Finding a cure for it isn't going to do us any good if we're killed by some other force, correct?"

OOC: Tiny post, but we need to get on some kind of course or the RP won't last much longer. Also, by random chance I have chosen the first person to lose control of their powers. I won't contact that person for a while and I won't let you know when I'm about to. Sorry to the chosen. ^^;

Last edited:

SilverTail

Years
  • (you can just choose my person to be the one to die, afterall, I can no longer continue in this RP, I am truely sorry)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back