• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Hero's Curse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Night

Skitsofrantic all out runner!!
    Years
    Razz turned around as she heard Haru talking to her through her mind. She had already known that he was being affected by the curse. She knelt down by him, makeing sure that he was okay. He's still breatheing so he's not dead.I turned toward the Ability-user as he finally answered Qai's question. "I may know something, but then I might not." He snickered. He was just haveing so much fun! She turned back to Haru. She could hear him thinking, his dream, somthing about his mom and dad. Then he came back to the present, at least that's what Razz thoought. "Haru! You have to wake up! Haru!" Razz left him and got Qai's water out of his bag. "Sorry Qai! I've got to borrow this." She took it to Haru and gave him a little to drink. "Wake up!" If he dies this isn't going to be good!

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    Crystal...he remembered her well. She had been one of the most sought-after tutors at The Facility, but she was so choosey about who she took under her wing. Teria was one of that priveleged few, and had Stab been in the state of mind he was during his time at the Facility, he would feel as if he was in the presence of some sort of celebrity.

Stab gave a reverant nod to Teria, understanding the disappearence of the smile. Then, another thought came across his mind as his gaze diverted from Teria.

No feeling angry or excited? That must...oh hell, theres no nice way to say it, that would SUCK!

Stab's eyes fixed on Teria again. He said, "I chose a superhero life...pretty much to spite those who said my powers were inferior. Just because I don't have some crazy energy powers, The Instructors thought of me as worthless. I've discovered several uses for my Abilities since then, and through creative usage of my powers I can make it seem like I have more Abilities than I actually do."

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    I guess it really does seem bad to someone who can feel the emotions I can't, but I really don't know. The only times my powers have let up and I've felt anger it was so...different and not exactly pleasant, though excitement is something to be missed. I know just by watching my sister. Teria considered an interesting cloud as she listened to Stab talk about why he had chosen the life of a hero. I wonder how many heroes chose that life for reasons similar to his. She put the thought out of her mind and said, "You're powers are no worse than mine. They are actually better in a way because you probably have an easier time fighting off the curse. When it finally takes me I'm sure it will be rather painful. Nothing I can do about it of course, unless we find the cure of course." Her tone was completely calm, as if what she was saying didn't worry her in the slightest, which it did, but it was a different kind of worry. It was more of a knowledge that she was worried rather than the feeling.

"Look," she pointed to a cluster of buildings ahead of them. "It's been a long time since I've seen them." She folded her wings slightly, remembering to tell Stab to brace himself, then sped towards the ground. It wasn't that she loved the speed, she did of course but she got no rush from it, but she wanted to get to the ground as soon as possible and begin investigating.

SilverTail

Noble Warrior of Woodsclan
    Years
    I slowly started to come to, hearing what was going on around me. I slowly opened my eyes, sitting up slowly and looking around. "Why..." I whispered quietly, getting to my feet. Why had it always been that dream? Why was that day always repeated in my head whenever I fell asleep? My parents had been searching for a cure to the curse as well, like my mom said 'Curse is just one letter away from Cure.' Wait....my mom and dad had been searching for something...what if they had found something? And that person, what if he was being controled? What if he had no control over his body or powers. What if somone had made him explode? All these questions buzzed through my head and I almost went out again. "Dont worry Razz...I wasn't dead." I said reassuringly, standing up slowly and sighing. "And im not going to till i find that cure."

((I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that dramatic ending xD besides, I have to catch my buss in 3 min...))

Shaydeh

Banned
    Years
    New Mission...

OOC: So far behind…

(*)(IC)(*)​

Alright. The threat to the cops has shimmered down then.

Since the rest of the Users had decided it was more important to spread out and search for clues, Rolven thought it safe to assume the cops didn't need help any more. That was a shame. He was really looking forward to it. And it was a jewelry store too. He could've 'earned' himself a few expensive treats in the process. Too bad. It was time to press on.

It seemed everybody had gathered into pairs and groups of sorts to better aid their search for clues. As life always treated him, Rolven's so-called partner was absent from his side. If he hadn't been used to traveling alone, it could've been a real big problem. Not in this case however. He would just have to go and discover the secrets of this Curse on his own. A good place to start was probably at the site of Ino's death. Maybe there was something lurking around there, still waiting to be discovered.

He nodded his head. It was time to find out.

(*)(*)(*)​

Dark Night

Years
    "Maybe if that blue haired girl would let me out, I might be able to remeber something." Again the Ability-user was just haveing so much fun!

Razz got up and gave Haru some space as he came too. She could hear all that he was thinking? His parents were working on a cure? Someone exploding? Razz was really confused. As soon as she knew that Haru was okay, she turned back to the Ability-user. "I won't let you go, you're too dangerous for everyone!" She yelled. "All we want is the cure, you've got to know something of it!" "I told you that I might. But then, I'm not sure." Razz increased the fire ring. How could he stand that much heat? She walked over to the ring next to Qai. She stared the Ability-user strait in the eye. The ring went down in flash. Razz was on the ground, and the Ability-user used his mind to teleport a tree into Haru, and to push Qai a couple of feet away. He advanced on Haru first, afterall, he was the one to have almost killed him. His shoulder still even hurt.

SilverTail

Years
    My pupils reverted to slits as they did when I had attacked him earlier, my claws coming out. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I yelled out of pure anger, a second voice accompanying my own, something that only happened when i wwas truely angry. He had done something to Razz, and he was not going to get away with it. "Wait..." I said, my voice reverting to normal as I stepped back. "I know your power. You can use the powers of anyone that uses theirs against you, as long as they are still using them against you. Your like a mirror." I said, my eyes changing back. "Then that means physical powers should be something different than 'advanced' powers" I said, grinning, running at him and sliding between his lecks, landing a kick straight to his back and knocking him forwards. To help his fall I grabbed his ankles, forcing him to fall on his face as I jumped away into the safety of the shadows. I was not using my night vision, my pupils looking like a normal humans rather than a cats. I was using only my natural talents, my human talents, as to level the playing feild.

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
    Years
    "Ugh...No one ever has, ever will listen to me..." Ethis mounted her phoenix again, and this time, before she even got to a decent altitude, she saw what seemed to be a fight below her. She looked closer and saw Razz, Haru, and the red haired person, Qai, fighting some unknown enemy, who had just flung a tree at Haru. He certainly didn't do that physically. There's no way! ...That means...Yeah! Fight time! Teria won't even notice! Before Ethis could decend, she saw Haru do some fany kung-fu thing, but failed to hear the mirror comment. Ethis then commanded the phoenix downwards, right behind the user.

"Hiya! I really don't think you wnat to be messing with my friends over there." Ethis switched the track on her Mbox to 'fireburst', a fight song she had created. Now that she was fighting with people she didn't know too well, her powers switched back to ice. Ethis pointed both arms at the enemy, all ten fingers spread. She formed thin, sharp needles of ice at the end of each finger, and shot them all at once towards the tree-flinger.

OoC:I'mma let whoever made this NPC tell what he does. Don't want to shoot him through the heart too soon and have people shouting POWERPLAYER at me. EDIT~Fixed it to where it makes sense with SilverTail's post that I didn't catch.

Dark Night

Years
    OOC: Well, actually Toomi's the one who created him. Since we went after him, I kinda took him over. 0_O
    ~~~~~
    "Ugh!" Razz mumbled as she got up. She had hit her head on one of the giagantic trees. She moved to lean against the tree. Right when she sat up, she saw Haru attack the Ability-user. She couldn't really see what he was doing, her eyes had gone back their natural violet. Her eyes turned black and she saw Ethis come chargeing in on a pheonix looking thing. The Ability-user was flat on his face. Not hearing what Haru had figured out, she summoned her fire power and pulled out her staff. Razz raced at the Ability-user with her flameing staff in hand. He'd gotten back up and was prepareing to fight. 'I'm sorry my blue haired friend, but you and you're friends are going to have to go!' She heard him think as she rushed at him. She propelled herself into the air with fire and attacked him from above. He sent the fire right back to her. Razz fell to the ground. Why can't I attack him? Why am I so weak against him?

"You can't beat me the way you're playing this little game! You're little kitty friend over there is the only one who figured it out." The Ability-user said as he smiled to himself. He transported another tree over to Ethis. "Sorry dear girl! Ice won't affect me." He walked over to Haru and had a combination of a round kick to the head, with a spin and a back kick. "You're not the only one who knows how to fight!"

SilverTail

Years
    The sudden attack had hit me square in the face, knocking me down, but not out. 'He's a mirror! dont use your powers!' I thought desperatly to razz, crawling back into the shadows for cover, blood running down my face, as though the scar over my eye had re-opened. They all had weapons, but I just had my claws, my abilities, something he could use against me. Suddenly a bright light formed in my hands, molding itself into a double bladed axe the size of a tire with a handle long as my waist was up from the ground. "This might have been useful earlier....." I muttered, picking it up slightly, realising how heavy it was. Oh yea, mageor damage here. I noticed a 'handle' of sorts on the back, making it look like it could become a sheild, the oppocite side smooth enough i could see the moon through the trees on it. I picked it up and swung it over my head, cleaving a thick tree straight in half. "Come and get some." I said to the user, doing a 'bring it on' motion with one hand.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    "Alright," Qai murmured indifferently as Razz removed a water from his backpack, not removing his gaze from the hostile Ability-user before him. Though, as with everyone, images of the future and eventual fate of this individual could be seen, very little information seemed to be of any substantial use. As Razz again approached the fire ring, the tables suddenly and inexplicably turned. Qai scarcely had time to raise his arms to defend himself as the enemy escaped his no-longer existent prison of flame and a tree materialized to crash into the red-haired Ability-user. Despite being cast back a few yards, Qai somehow remained on his feet. And with only a few scratches and bruises, the male quickly recovered from the attack, swung himself over the trunk, and made his way toward Razz.

Cautiously observing the battle between the Haru and the nameless opponent, Qai lowered his voice and spoke. "Even if this fighter works like a mirror, I'm guessing he has other Abilities. Mirroring alone can't give him too much of an advantage. While this opponent may be able to copy the Abilities of his enemies, the original users will naturally have more proficiency with their skills." Seeing Haru produce an axe and return to battle, an odd gleam entered Qai's dark eyes. "Still, any Ability is limited to its user. And I think there might be a way to beat this particular user . . . "

Last edited:

Dark Night

Years
    Qai had come over to Razz. He mirrors Abilities huh? That's my problem! Razz turned to Qai. "Yeah, he probably does have more abilities than that. He's just not going to show them unless he has to." She saw Haru run at the Ability-user with a totally random ax. Where'd he get that? Razz had Qai help her to her feet. When he'd been talking to her, she had seen some weird gleam in his eyes. She tried to listen in on his thoughts, but he was hideing them pretty well. Then Razz was struck with a thought. "You know Qai, you've never shown us your powers. What can you do?"

"You don't think that that ax will make much difference do you? If this is all you Ability-users have, then Ino was right to curse you!" he charged foward and ducked down and did and upward sidekick to Haru's face.

Razz saw the attack coming and took her staff in her hands and rushed toward the Ability-user. "Let's go Qai!" she yelled back. As he hit Haru, Razz used her staff to spin around and hit him with a round kick. He was caught off guard and fell to the ground. He jumped right back up only to see a fist comeing at him. He parried it and jabbed Razz. She was hit, but replied with a Yuko Na punch to the gut. Razz was bleeding on her knuckles, she hadn't been used to hitting hard surfaces in quite a while.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    "Powers? Well . . . " Qai offered a half-smile to compensate for his hesitation to answer the question. "I guess that'll just remain to be seen. After all, surprises can be good, too, right?" He laughed softly and humorlessly.

For some reason, everyone seems to be pretty sure I have Abilities. I guess it makes sense, though, considering that I approached them. Qai stifled a sigh as his thoughts were interrupted by Razz, the female having delivered a short line before running toward the two-person fray. After adjusting his goggles slightly, Qai rubbed a hand indecisively against the back of his head. Looks like I don't have much choice anymore. I'll see what I can do. Circling warily about the battle, Qai's posture noticeably altered as he narrowed his eyes in concentration. At each blow Razz dealt, Qai added a spark of his own gravity-enhancing Ability to increase the force of the blow. Meanwhile, as the enemy returned one of Razz' strikes with his own clenched fist, Qai formed a slight gravitational pull behind the girl to move her back and soften the blow. His mirroring our Abilities depends on his knowledge of them. So, as long as I remain an unknown, I maintain some degree of advantage. I just wonder how long I can keep that advantage up . . .

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
    Years
    OoC:This is where a temper problem comes in handy...>:3 And sorry if I misread something and I have screwed up the guy's abilities. And don't worry, this isn't going to happen alot. Just now. And mebbe like, 3-4 more times during the whole RP. This is her 2nd most powerful 'shadow armor' form, 'Thorned Angel'. She has several far weaker ones. EDIT~This was supposed to come after ... I think Dark Night's last post on 6, but I can make it fit. I hope.

"Oh, you BI---!" Ethis yelled as she got hit with the tree. Okay, needles don't work. Haru said that he's a mirror...And mirrors don't reflect physical attacks! Ethis got up and pulled out her naginata from nowhere, and charged head-on at the mirror-user. She twirled it around, grabbed it to where the sharp, sword-like end was pointed towards the enemy, and jumped at him. But before she could land a strike, the mysterious user hit Ethis from behind with another tree. As she struggled to get up, she saw the user beating up her new friends.

I finally get some friends, and this guy's practically killing them...! Ethis felt a surge of power swell within her, and she lost all feeling in her body. Her, and everyone else's shadow began to creep towards Ethis, as if they were being sucked in by some kind of vacuum. All of a sudden, they juted upward, into the physical plane, and swirled over Ethis obscuring her from view. When she was visible again, her eyes were all red, and not just her pupils. She wore a pure black, thorned tiara, and from each side, just above her ears, two long, sharp thorns were attached, extending far beyond her face. Her fingers were covered in the same type of thorn (like those notebook paper claws), along with the clawed boots she now donned. Ethis had thorned 'kneepads', 'elbowpads', and shoulder pads, along with a piece of chest armor the went around to her back, where large, spiky wings jutted from the armor. Her naginata has transformed from a spear to a sword, too.

"I told you that you shouldn't mess with my friends," Ethis started laughing with a sinister tone that was unearthly. She pointed at the user with a clawed finger, and her eyes widened. "I hope you won't hold against me if I kill you for messing with me and my friends like that." Ethis clutched her sword tightly, spread her pure black wings, and launched herself at the enemy ability user.

Last edited:

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    Brace myself? That can be arranged...

Stab contorted himself into a gray and blue ball. This he found was his preferred way for landing when exiting a high-arc swing with no hope for landing on his feet. That method, or covering that same ball in spikes upon dropping. It all depended on whether or not Stab wanted to make a scene with his landing. This occaison didn't seem to call for a flashy entrance...

"Ready when you are," said a muffled voice coming from inside the ball that was Stab.

SilverTail

Years
    I got up and saw the others attacking him, no, distracting him. This was a golden oppertunity! I slowly snuck behind the user, a finger to my lips to show the others not to say anything. As the user got into range of my attack I suddenly yelled out "MAGICAL MALLET!" And hit him in the head with the flat side of my axe, stars forming around his head as he collapsed. When they saw me behind him I had my axe stabbed into the ground with a hand on the handle, a huge grin on my face, and a peace sign on my other hand. "That was easy." I muttered after I had abandoned the pose, afterall, one blow to the head with an axe thats about half as heavy as me? imagine what I would have done! Or that one spiked guy! An idea suddenly popped into my head. "Razz, you can read others minds....maybe you could comminicate to others aswell? You can tell the others, Including hedgehog about our little victory here!" I said and thought.

Dark Night

Years
    Razz could feel some kind of forced taking the brunt of her fall. She got back and watched Ethis change to a devil looking thing. Whoa! Then she tried to attack the Ability-user again. This, helped Haru to come up behind him and hit him right over the head. As the Ability-user went down, he started to change. His eyes had disspeare and tradgedy in them. He looked Razz strait in the eyes, 'My name was Devon, i'm sorry that I couldn't help you with the curse!' He changed to a young teenager of 16. He felt to the ground with a thump, he laid there lifeless. Razz moved back and turned away.

Razz turned to Haru. "I might be able too. When I was at the Facility, they were trying to teach me how do it. I just might be able to." Razz concentraded. She'd only done it once, but she would probably be able to do it now. "Okay!" Teria, Stab, I'm not sure if you can hear me, but if you can, we were able to stop the other Ability-user. Unfortunatley, before he died, we weren't able to get anything from him about the curse or a cure. What do you want us to do now? She turned to the group. "I'm hopeing they got it."

SilverTail

Years
    "Me too...did you call him hedgehog?" I said, trying to lighten the mood, after all, I hadn't tried to kill him, just stun him so we could restrain him. Why do they always die? I had barely hit him! Whoever had been controlling him would pay! "So, do we sit here like good little boys and girls till we get an answer, or do we get out there and search for more clues? Someone was controling him, someone with ALOT of power." I said, looking around and waiting for a responce. I knew we needed the whole team to face them, but I couldn't wait, we had been waiting far too long for something like this to happen.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    Teria opened her wings once more as the ground approached, just in time to prevent herself and Stab from slamming into the ground. Her wings folded behind her before vanishing. She turned to remove Stab's wings but was stopped by a voice, a familiar one, speaking in her head. She had to think for a moment before she recognized it. It was Razz. When she heard her news she felt what might have been a bit of annoyance but she wasn't sure. The knowledge that they had killed the strange Ability-user certainly was not good.

In a tone of cold calm she thought a reply, wondering vaguely if Razz would get it, Why did you kill him? Then she turned to Stab and spoke in a calm monotone. "She we go inside?" She nodded to the large building that was the main training area of the Facility.

Dark Night

Years
    "Heck yeah!" Razz yelled as she jumped up. "Good news, they got it. Bad news is that they're not happy about it." She informed the rest of the group. Oh great! They're not impressed. I wasn't either but what can we do? Razz dropped her head, then looked up at Haru, Qai, and Ethis with her violet eyes. I'm sorry Teria. It wasn't meant to have been. Haru was just trying knock him done, not kill him. It was quite interesting really, he was being controlled by someone, or somthing else. He wasn't who we thought he was. What do you need us to do now? Go help the others? Razz thought to Teria. Hopefully the last time wasn't the last time. "I explained all I could to her. Hopefully she was able to get it. We should go help out the others. Ethis, where were you supposed to go?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back