• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokémon MMORPG (Let your voice be heard)

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
Well, simply put I will be making an MMORPG that is set in the world of Pokémon.

I am making this thread for all your Poké fans & fanatics alike can voice your opinions on what you like to see in such a game. So you all can chime in all you like about what you want in this kind of game be it new features, new Pokémon, new Types or whatever else you all can think up. But don't get me wrong I am not trying to get ideas myself to make this game because I have plenty, its just I am looking to see what you all want to make this game as fan tailored as one can be course it already is in a way as I am such a fan of Pokémon that have come up with alot of stuff us fans have wanted for too damn long in my opinion.

So feel free to share with me either by PM or by a reply in this thread though I prefer a reply so my PM Box doesn't get filled up too much.

Just so you all get a general idea of what this game will entail I will give you some info on what is going on with it so far:

1) The MMO will consist of all regions so far seen in the Pokémon universe and even include the region of Orre seen in the Pokémon Colosseum Series and Pokétopia which is seen in the upcoming game Pokémon Battle Revolution.
2) All Pokémon will be available in there respective Regions.
3) I will be adding a bunch of Pokémon of my own creation, so far there are over 30 and a few are pre evo's & evo's of already existing Pokémon though most are original.
4) I will be introducing 4 new Types.
5) Starter Pokémon will be available in the wild.
6) Pokémon who evolve via Stone Evolution will be available in the wild.
7) A bunch of new Items, Abilities and Moves will be introduced. And some I can definitely guarantee will get your fanboy juices a flowing. ;) So far I have over 22 Items, 153 Moves, 28 Abilities and 24 Poké Balls.
8) Anything seen in the recent games Pearl & Diamond will be in the game i.e. Gender differences, 3D-ish look and so on.
9) The game will have a chat system for you to chat with other players as well as a IM system with a Buddy List.
10) There will be no damn Trade based evolutions because its not realistic and I hate having to go find a friend to trade with just to evolve my Pokémon.
11) There will be character customization to some extent because as its a 2D game you can only do so much after all.
12) There will be an innovative new battle system to replace the tired one that exist that will change how you battle greatly though it still will be turned based.
13) And most importantly it will be FREE!

That's all I'll share for now as there are some things I like to keep a secret for a little while so no one goes copying what I'm gonna do lol.

P.S.
If anyone like me to elaborate on something I have said, just ask and I may do so.

Last edited:

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
Sounds like a very nice idea

By the way will you be able to go through and collect badges of every gym in the world of pokemon. And how many elite 4 will there be?
Thanks!

As for Badges, each Region will be the same i.e. you get 8 Badges for each Region to enable you to compete in the tournament of said Region. My game in many respects will be like the Anime so there will only be one group of Elite Four though now that you have mentioned it I may make more, maybe make the Elite 8 instead or something of that nature. Plus I will have a elite tournament in the game in which you have to collect every Badge there is to compete.

Also I forgot to add this, I will also be adding the Orange Islands as well as all locations seen in the Movies so you will be able to compete in the Orange League therefore need 4 Badges instead of the usual 8 of course.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Very nice idea with the orange islands. I barely remember them but are you going to take all the towns and such from the anime and work some map out for the pokenav?

Oh and one more question

Will you be able to get pokegear with functions like cellphone and radio. What about getting a pokenav and getting map, trainers eyes and ribbons?

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
Very nice idea with the orange islands. I barely remember them but are you going to take all the towns and such from the anime and work some map out for the pokenav?

Oh and one more question

Will you be able to get pokegear with functions like cellphone and radio. What about getting a pokenav and getting map, trainers eyes and ribbons?
Everything that is available in the most recent games of the series will be available so every town will be there and there will be Contest and what not. As for Trainer's Eyes, that will not be in the game but there will be something exactly like it that is much better that not only list the Trainers you've battled but the Pokémon they use and much more.

And hey ask as many questions as you like because I don't mind at all.

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
Wrong section. X.x

Moving...
Sorry and thanks though I didn't put it here originally because I didn't meet all the requirements set for putting things here.

well will you be able to catch all of the kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn and the rest in their specific places or everywere?
No, like in the games Pokémon will be available in there respective Regions though some Pokémon may cross over and be in multiple Regions the majority of a generation will be in there Region of origin.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
electric pokemon need another weakness. new type: sonic? i'd never suggest something like this in a MMORPG... heck, neither a hack nor a game, but i'm in a wacky mood. also, if you want some good cyber, then you should put a few of my fakemons in there.

good luck ^.^

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Do you have anything done, or is this game only in your thoughts at the moment?
Any programming, mapping or such?

~Azura.

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
electric pokemon need another weakness. new type: sonic? i'd never suggest something like this in a MMORPG... heck, neither a hack nor a game, but i'm in a wacky mood. also, if you want some good cyber, then you should put a few of my fakemons in there.

good luck ^.^
I didn't plan on changing the strength/weakness battle chart and I don't know about the levity of a Sonic Type.

As for your fakemons, let me check em out. :D
Because a lot of the Pokémon I made up so far I started with imagining how they look and went from there when it came to what Types they be and so on. So maybe your fakemon will inspire a few more Pokémon course you will get the credit if they do.

Do you have anything done, or is this game only in your thoughts at the moment?
Any programming, mapping or such?

~Azura.
The game is put down on paper "so to speak" as its on my computer but nothing has been done programming wise.

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
But you can program all that stuff, right?
^^
Yes and no. I can do a lot of the work myself but there is some stuff I know I can't do and when the time comes to start programming & what not I can get myself the help I will need to do said work.

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
Sounds nice.

Any chance you could show us some screenshots?
No screen shots, trust me if there were any I post them.

Like I said, everyone share your thoughts about what you like to see in a game of this nature. The more the better. :D

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
Well, it'd be cool if you could customize you're characters physical appearance. Not just with clothes but with height, weight, body type, ethnicity, etc.

Years
Well this sounds very interesting and I wish you good luck, I'm a big fan of MMORPGs and I will definetly support it if you go into developement but it's easier said than done I'm afraid.

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
Well, it'd be cool if you could customize you're characters physical appearance. Not just with clothes but with height, weight, body type, ethnicity, etc.
Well, the game I will be doing will be the traditional 2D style of the hand helds which will limit the character customization but there will still be character customization. But as the 2D games limit what you see of your character such customization will only be really evident in battles when you see your character & other peoples characters fully.

Well this sounds very interesting and I wish you good luck, I'm a big fan of MMORPGs and I will definetly support it if you go into developement but it's easier said than done I'm afraid.
Thanks and ya I know its not gonna be easy but just think one day you could get on your computer and play a free & fun Pokémon MMORPG. So it will be worth all the time and effort put in it.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
Well, another idea is that you get some members of this forum to get together in a sprite contest to make a new pokemon and you pick your favorite few to be in the new game. You could also invent your own region where the pokemon reside.

Back