• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
GraphicsSchoolLogo-1.png

Welcome to the Graphics School of The PokeCommunity. This is an experimental project, directed towards artists eagre to improve their skills using a particular graphics program, design skills, or both.

-------------

I would now like to explain how this "school will be taught. The idea is, teachers (volunteers, who are verry skilled in graphics) will send an application to me. Telling me their specialization, (banners, web graphics) and the program they use.

If you really think you have the skills to be a teacher, PM me filling the form at the end of this thread.

I am wanting to have 3 different classes.

1. Program Class: The teacher in this class teaches you the basics on how to use a particular program.

2. Design Class: The teacher in this class helps students with developing their own graphics making style, this is a little bit more artsie.

3. Design/Program Class: Its pretty much learning the program and design at the same time.

These are all beggining classes that teach the basic skills of graphics making. After this level of classes there are signature classes.

I bet alot of people are thinking right now..... AHHH I dont have photoshop this is gunna suck alooootttt!@!!! *shot*..... Well Hopefull enough teachers will sign up specializing in different programs, solving that problem.

-------------------

Okay, now for the students.....

If you want to enroll in PC's First Graphic School Please PM El Capitano

------------------

Teacher Form:
Program:
Specialization:
Preference: ( wich class do you want to teach)
Example of Work: (so i can determine If you are good enough to teach)

If there is anything that is unclear post here.

----------------------

The Classes:

GIMP classes

1. Program Class - Teacher: Demidian - Class Status: OPEN FOR BUISNESS!!!! - http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3289471#post3289471
-Viper
-azonic
-Ryoko Asakura
- rowan95
- ~Hitsugaya~

2. Design Class - Teacher: ??? - Class Status: Empty....

3. Design/Program Class - Teacher: ??? - Class Status:Empty....

Signature Making Class 1 - Teacher: ??? - Class Status: Empty....

Signature Making Class 2 - Teacher:??? - Class Status: Empty....

Signature Making Class 3 - Teacher:??? - Class Status: Empty....

Photoshop Classes

1. Program Class - Teacher:??? - Class Status: Empty....

2. Design Class - Teacher:мizt - Class Status: Getting There

3. Design/Program Class - Teacher: BreD - Class Status: OPEN FOR BUISNESS!!!! - http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=124826
- Star Poochyena
- Kurogane
- DarkkChildd
- Gerri Shin
- Chikara³

Signature Making Class: Begginer - Teacher: evilcheese - Class Status: Getting There

Signature Making Class 2: Intermediate - Teacher: El Capitano - Class Status: Getting There

Signature Making Class 3: Pretty Durn Hard(almost teacher level) - ColorMeEvil- Class Status: Ready - Still needs students
-MasterDookie
-PokemonTrainer1994
- evilcheese
------------------
School Completion Status: 3/10 ...................come on guys..............

The actual homerooms will be made once the school is completely made (10/10)

------------------

How to make your verry own homeroom! ------- You cant do this until your class says "OPEN FOR BUISNESS"

1) Go to the Graphics, and Photogrophy forum, and create a new thread.
2) Name it anything you like, just aslong it is verry apparent it is your homeroom (graphics school class: for example - Graphics School {El Capitano's Homeroom})
3) This is the most important part, you mus have a layout for your class, so it is easy to follow what is for homework (yes teachers will assign homework). There should be atleast three sections.

- An intro. (tell your students about your style, what you like to do with your program. And most of all, what you are going to cover in your class)

- Students list. (just list your students. Also add some contact info, so that new students can join the fun!

- An Assignments list ( have a list of all of the current, and past assignments. Try and be very, very, VERY descriptive with what you want them to do. So there is no "AHH WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!?!?!?!" You can try and link tutorials for some of your lessons also. ------------- Remember not to delete the old Assignments so people who start late can pick up.

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
wow this is kinda smart. a place were people can learn if they dont already know. i might be a teacher or student ill think about this. if i am a teacher itll probably be in program class for photoshop. i am in da middle at graphics so they are solid but not the best (like CME) anyway good luck in this.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2009
Wow, this is actually a really good idea, i don't think ill will be a teacher ever xD, i will definitely be a student though :P, but ill have to translate it all into gimp my self lol..:)

Years
Well what I am hoping is that we can find a gimp teacher.

Ofcourse I dont know when this will happen, we need enough people (teachers aswell as students)

In reply to EvilCheese: It would be sweet if you could teach a begging class on photoshop. Maybe CME will help out with the more advanced classes....

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2009
Well, when i get better with gimp ill be your man :P, in the time being, ill still have to work on it

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
Years
Oh~ a graphics school sounds like loads of good help~
Can't be a teacher, I suck, but I'd love to enrol as a student here, I want to learn on how to improve my graphics~ x3

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Well, i'm experienced at using gimp, for 2 years :P
Till I found PS in my pack of CD's, so I could become a teacher for gimp and PS, older version though. (NOT CS)

Oh, I need an example don't I?, i'll see if I can find one from my old shop, but I have a PS one here:

mayumiab7.png

Photoshop

naruto1ww3.png

Photoshop

ichigoac5.png

GIMP

shanakleinerdl1.png

If you need more examples, just tell me.

Last edited:

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2009
Yeah i'm working on textures right now :D, i hope i can become a teacher soon xD

Azonic

hello friends
Years
Ooh! I want to learn how to make better graphics. :D I use GIMP, because Photoshop is too expensive D< Can I be a student? :D

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
I am using Photoshop 7 and GIMP for my graphics. (Which suck entirely)

I will apply to be a student.

Years
Hokay Dokey.

@ Cashink: Nice stuff. I will put you up for possible GIMP begginer class teacher. (just because you havent taught before). Well, of course you cant start your class yet, (we dont have enough students) so just hang tight. And I will notify you once we get enough students, plust teachers.

@ Demidian: Great, keep reading up. And using gimp. Cant wait untill you feel confident enough to be a teacher.

@ azonic: Great :P. Please PM me or post here to tell me if you which class you want to be in, photoshop or GIMP, and program, design or both (see first post).

@ Kurogane: kk. you in for the photoshop class or GIMP. You can do both, but you have to be willing to do alot of homework. (no joke teachers can assign homework).

Okay I will add a class list on the first post soon

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years
Program: Adobe Photoshop CS2
Specialization: Uhhhh, lots of things. I'm pretty good at smudging though. xD
Preference: Design Class 3
Examples:

intoyourarmseo9.png

mapdv4.png

envelopesxb2.png

emeryii0.png

I forgot, I also do icons:

sqenix129.png

crazy8s.png

thoughts.png

bisquedoll.png

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
Program: photoshop cs2
Specialization: backgrounds, blending (too much), gradient maps
Preference: signature class 1
Example of Work:

salamence3-1.gif

gyrados2.gif

naruto.gif

those are just some i picked. i have more on my photobucket (im chimchar59), in my shop and my gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back