• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What single pokemon that you own do you have the biggest bond with?

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
  • Is there a single pokemon out of all the pokemon games you've ever played that you would say you have the biggest bond with?

For me it's Centi, my Centiskorch. My first ever playthrough of gen 8, i wanted a team with only my favorites. but when I was in the wild area there was a sizzlepede raid den, I haven't seen it before, so I checked it out. I immediately loved the Lil bugger and replaced it with my starter. He's a lv 100 centiskorch now and I will transfer him into every game I'm able to use him in. Which is none at the moment, lol.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd say the Pokemon I have the closest bond with is the Ampharos (no nickname) that I used in my first playthrough of SoulSilver. It was the "ace" of my team and by far the highest leveled, I remember a family friend from Japan coming over when I was about 8/9 (he was 16 at the time) and me challenging him to a battle; I thought my trusty LV59 Ampharos would be the trump card that would secure my victory. Of course I lost because he was twice my age and all his Pokemon were LV100; but it's still a fond memory of mine. That save is deleted now though and I never transferred him, so he's no longer in existence.

Years
  • At this point it's my sweet shiny Ampharos! I got her ages ago from a friend and she's a staple on my team if I can use her. Also my Raichu from XY if I'm remembering the origin game right? Got attached to them and they've been important to me since. <3

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Hm. Finds it hard to pick one. Becomes attached to one or two in most playthroughs. Cannot really rank them beyond that. Maybe a Talonflame in Ultra Sun? Took part in the one and only (failed) Nuzlocke run. Became the egg hatching Pokemon. (Used a Talonflame in Y for the same purpose. Began with a little attachment towards the species.) Spent a very large amount of time breeding with it.

Will mention the Pokemon with the best story behind it. Holds some attachment to it. Kind of qualifies. Watched someone play a Nuzlocke live. Replaced all their encounters with Wonder Trades.

Tried to time it to trade with them. Succeeded (multiple times). Received their starter, a Treecko, named "I Give Up". (Usually lost their starter to Wattson or before then. Tried "Beat Wattson", "Beat Wattsun", and "Beet Wattson". Blocked all of those, for some reason. Gave up on naming it.) Took that Treecko and bred it a bunch to get good IVs and moves. Named all of its descendants "Tenacity", in reference to the original Pokemon and all the breeding. Managed to trade a Tenacity back to them. Beat the Elite Four with it.

Days
  • I had played all generations except the ones which are on Switch, hence finding only one is hard! It should be Speed Boost Blaziken for me. He had helped in cracking through matches many times, and I usually send him earlier in the matches,

If I exclude him, then it should be Tyranitar. It does have lots of weakness, but I always liked to use it, and always catch him whenever I find him. It is hard to train as well, because of stacking weakness and also late evolution. We can teach him variety of coverage move ranging from Surf to Ice Beam, Dragon Claw to Thunderbolt. His Sp.A is also quite decent, so those special moves also deal good damage. Whatever the shortcomings Tyranitar had got, I always like to use him, whichever the game I am playing!

So bad that Tyranitar was given that kind of typing despite have massive coverage options and nice Max-min stat.....

Back