• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Afterlife Part I

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
Days
    • Seen today

Game.exe Screenshot 2023.09.26 - 11.49.53.85.png

About:
    I first started developing this game because of a Relic Castle Game Jam that had a theme that interested me, dimensions.
    Being a huge fan of dark dimensional realms and Pokémon I decided to try and blend these two. I also wanted to give the player sort of a plethora of freedom
    by letting them travel freely with little limitations of forward movement. So I gave these worlds, sort of an open-world environment with main quests, and side quests.
    These missions also have consequences within them. You can fail some of these quests, or make quests more difficult based on your decisions.
    Currently developing Part II, so please keep eyes out for continuation of this story. I hope you enjoy this game as much as I enjoyed making it.
    This fangame was made with RPG Maker XP, on Pokémon Essentialsv20.1, and Photoshop for the custom Pokémon and various items and graphics.

Story:
    Life has not been the kindest of friends to you or your Pokémon. After a tragic
    accident, both your Pokémon's parents and your parents. You then develop a special gift that leaves you feeling cast out from the world
    given to you. As you move from home to home you grow even more in the darkness of being an outcast. That is until one day while out fishing
    you discover a strange place that too has been cast out from its origins. Shrouded in a heavy fog you come across an object that has
    given you a purpose. A meaning in life. Will you squander it, or will you remain in the voided darkness.

Features:
    - Unreal Time feature
    - Time of day introduction
    - Added Ghost-type evolutions for certain Pokémon
    - Added a new evolution mechanic, requiring certain Pokémon to faint to evolve
    - Automatic Level Scaling
    - Difficulty Levels
    - Roaming Pokémon event
    - Alternate game endings
    - Wonder Trade system
    - Special Time of day events (special final boss battle when battled on Friday the 13th)
    - Battle Arena that allows you to earn money.
    - Questing System
    - Encounter List
    - Deep Marsh Tiles
    - Unique Pause Menu
    - Random Weather Mechanic
    - New Eeveelution

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

**WARNING: CONTENT SPOILER**
    Pokémon Ghost-type Versions

Spoiler:

Download Link:

Pokémon Afterlife Part I (v2.2.4)

Bug w/Fix:
    Issue with gameplay after credits end, where a bleeding effect of previous map shows on current map.
    Never found a solution, but possibly due to using older essentials version.

Fix: Save Game, quit game, then relaunch game.

Fixed Bugs:

- Issue with Totodile trade quest not showing as completed
    - Fixed issue with rescue Sandshrew 'Sandy' quest not removing dependency when quest is failed

Credits:
    Spoiler:
    Pokémon Afterlife Part I (v2.2.4)

Attachments

• Pokémon Afterlife Part I
      Screenshots.png
      1.1 MB · Views: 13
    Last edited:

croksten.stein

Mindless Gamer (and not a good one at that)
    Days
    • he/him, it/its
    • Seen today
    this looks so good !! im downloading it right now i can't wait to play !

croksten.stein

Mindless Gamer (and not a good one at that)
    Days
    • he/him, it/its
    • Seen today
    Appreciate it. Let me know you if you have any questions or comments.
    so far, it's pretty cool, kind of hard but im also not very good at pokemongames lol
    as for the bugs, the game is kinda slow/laggy (that could be on me, my pc is pretty old) and it sometime freezes when running. nothing really bad, just makes playing a little slow

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    So i have been hunting charmander for like 2 hours now, an have not seen the little munchcon even once. Is there a certain way to trigger him? or is he just like ultra rare spawn? Aside from that the game feels smooth. While i don't agree with some items being available from the get go. aka from the right vendor inside the town by the fountain. More specifically the vendor that sells the held items an fossils. [I feel those items could be given out via more quests an so forth later in the game an what not] personal opinion. I'm also not that far into the game. but for the most part it's looking good.

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
    Days
    • Seen today
    How can I get started on playing it? :o
    What do you mean exactly? Are you talking about in the game or how to download the game? If you talking about in the game you have to go to the watering hole in Detsaw Woods.

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
    Days
    • Seen today
    So i have been hunting charmander for like 2 hours now, an have not seen the little munchcon even once. Is there a certain way to trigger him? or is he just like ultra rare spawn? Aside from that the game feels smooth. While i don't agree with some items being available from the get go. aka from the right vendor inside the town by the fountain. More specifically the vendor that sells the held items an fossils. [I feel those items could be given out via more quests an so forth later in the game an what not] personal opinion. I'm also not that far into the game. but for the most part it's looking good.
    Unfortunately, I made Charmander super rare to find, he can be found in Diov Town, Nettor Forest, and Detsaw Woods. So for the vendors, I made the player able to access a lot of items from the get because it was meant to be a short game, the items are also available only during certain day of the week, and during certain times. As for the fossils. I wanted to avoid having to add a mechanic of mining for the fossils, or restricting the types of prehistoric mons you could get. However, I made the prices of them $10,000 and you have to pay a processing fee of $3,000 so, with a chance of the fossil not even producing a mon. So it still makes it a little more difficult to get the prehistoric mons. Thank you for the feedback though. I hope you're enjoying the game so far.

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
    Days
    • Seen today
    so far, it's pretty cool, kind of hard but im also not very good at pokemongames lol
    as for the bugs, the game is kinda slow/laggy (that could be on me, my pc is pretty old) and it sometime freezes when running. nothing really bad, just makes playing a little slow

Spoiler:
    So if you check your quests, it will give you a series of clues, like a scavenger hunt. This will lead you to the next set of clues until you find the Tome. As for the difficulty you can change it if you go to you cottage and activate the console. There are 3 difficulty settings.

Back