• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Big Brother And Me (Plain White T's, Zac Gorman, Red) [Daily Bloggity Entry #60]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    DPuP6ds.png

Date: 23 April 2014
    Time: 3:22 PM ET
    Mood: Full on Easter candy D:

Sometimes I think we take our family for granted. Yes, when we hit those teenage years we become very rebellious and we start getting ticket off at the smallest things our family does to us and in turn makes us feel these emotions that we otherwise wouldn't really feel. But at the end of the day, it's really nice to have these people always there for us, whether through the good or the bad times. That's at least how I view my big brother Michael, whom after all these years, I can confidently say is one of my closest friends to date.

Daily Music - "The Giving Tree" by The Plain White T's
    Spoiler:
    It's really strange to be honest. Whenever I talk to my friends, they talk about how they always get in quarrels with their siblings, how they can easily be ticked off by the slightest grievance they may bring. However, with my one and only older brother, I cannot recall a single time in which we've actually been upset at one another. We have this really special friendship that I believe is unparalleled with a lot of other sibling relationships. Him being two years older than I, he's been a role model for myself; he's been an inspiration for me to go down the beaten path that I want to follow, and to not let others dictate what I want myself to become. The funny thing is, I wouldn't say that we have a lot of similarities. As my Kindergarten teacher simply put it, "we're like opposite ends of the rainbow;" I'm more loud and obnoxious, and he's more quiet and reserved. I guess that's why they say opposites attract, because we've overall had a great relationship.

Daily Comic - "Old Man" by Zac Gorman
    Spoiler:
    He's just always been out there for me. I have memories of when I was little in elementary school he would stand up for me when the other kids picked on me. And it was really cool too, because he's not the intimidating kind of person. He's very humble, and very rarely raises his voice to others. Even still, he wouldn't be afraid to stand up against the older kids just to make sure that I was alright. And even though that was years ago, I'm sure that he would still do the same thing for me 10/10 times (as well I would do the same for him if the instance ever came up.) It just goes to show that he's not afraid to stand up for the things that he cares about, which is something that I take to heart very dearly, as well as it showing the close bond that him and I share that nothing will get in the way of our friendship.

Daily Video - "Red (2010) - Animation" by animator bloodmage478
    Spoiler:
    This past weekend, my brother and I were supposed to go to a We Are Scientists concert, but unfortunately due to my hectic work schedule I had to scrap the concert at the last minute. I felt really bad so I gave him my ticket to bring a friend, but he ended up going to the concert by himself. Surprisingly though, I found myself a little prize when I came home. Lying on my bed was their newest album, something that I had been searching many weeks to get but to no avail. But, that wasn't the only thing about it. Signed on the cover of the album was a little note from the main singer of the band saying "Matt, you pretty much missed the best day of my life ." I laughed out loud because I couldn't really believe what my eyes were seeing. Somehow, my brother was able to get in contact with the frontman of the band and decided to get him to sign something for him. The shocking thing was that he didn't even get something for himself, rather he just thought of me at the time.

CTwKiku.png

Pretty cool, right?

I'm very happy to have him in my life. I sort of wish that I had a younger sibling so that I could apply the same principles that my brother has to help him or her out as well. I just love the relationship that him and I have. It's funny: when we were younger, he used to have a huge interest in music but not in video games, and I was vice versa. Fast forward to current day, and we are completely flopped; he's showing me all these awesome new bands out there, while I've been showing him a bunch of old school games that he is absolutely loving. That kind of "give and take" relationship with him is what makes me feel blessed that I have such an awesome brother as him.

What about you? Do you have an older brother or sister? What are your feelings towards them? Or are you the oldest sibling in the family? How do you interact with your younger siblings? If you're an only child, do you wish you had a younger or older sibling? Comment below as I'd love to hear and discuss with you what you have to say about this topic!

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- elheroeoscuro

Spoiler:

Back