• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Um, as I was replaying this game, I just noticed something unfamiliar. When I encountered the PokeBall containing the Calcium on Route 209, it's telling me that my item bag is full. I went back to the Seanport Pokemon Center to empty out my bag space a little bit. When I got back to Route 209 it was already gone without even collecting it. It must've been some kind of glitch of all things...

Um, as I was replaying this game, I just noticed something unfamiliar. When I encountered the PokeBall containing the Calcium on Route 209, it's telling me that my item bag is full. I went back to the Seanport Pokemon Center to empty out my bag space a little bit. When I got back to Route 209 it was already gone without even collecting it. It must've been some kind of glitch of all things...
Not surprised tbh, this hack is a product of its time, so it's bound to have surprising glitches.

This hack needs a HUGE update and it honestly has potential.

1. Don't make all of the battle themes the trainer theme from RSE we need to listen to different themes not just the same one over and over again. I mean how does a wild feebas have a legendary pokemon theme but the gym leaders, elite four, and champion have a original basic trainer theme.

2. Make a healing spot in your hometown. You are gonna have to lose because of your low health while the team steam grunt you battled in central city and there are trainers in the first route that have at least 5 pokemon and you will lose money and it is the gen 3 style black outs so you are gonna lose a lot. Change the black outs to the gen 4 style so players won't lose a lot of money and there is also a safari zone after the first route and you can't do it because of your short amount of money.

3. Add a move reminder in the game. Seriously? No move reminder. That's rudiculous like people want to team build before starting the playthrough and what if the best move they know is from level 1 which means your going to have to go to the move reminder and remember the move to teach it to your mon. But there is no move reminder in this game so you will probably have to stick to useless moves on your mon.

4. Get rid of having to use HM's on your party pokemon. People hate having to use a weak useless move to get rid of one of it's good moves which basically ruins the mon's moveset and nobody likes that.

5. Change the gym puzzle in the ghost type gym. There are 4 warps per room and when you go into the warp you don't know which room you are in so you will have to go to a random protal in the room and you don't know where that leads to and it is most likely making you start over.

6. Be there a way to rebbattle trainers. A lot of trainers have a lot of mons on their team and you can't rebbattle them for grinding. Wild mons give you a very small amount of exp and it still takes a long time to get to the level cap even when you speed up the game. Maybe add a vs seeker to the game or a way to rebbatle trainers how pokemon glazed did it. You are gonna have to grind in like every gym because of the way that you can't rebbattle trainers and the only option is battling wild pokemon which barely gives you any exp.

7. Make the game more difficult like give some of the bosses mons held items, some ev's, and some iv's to make it more difficult because when a pokemon game is too easy it makes it boring.

8. Change the dialouge. The dialouge in this game sounds cringe to me no offense and every trainer uses the same dialouge and I heard most of the trainers always saying "I like variety!" and on the route left to central city a lot of trainers used the same dialouge which makes it boring.

9. Let there be a way to forget hm moves. I know that you can delete hm moves by the move deleter but still. Please be a way that you can delete hm moves.

10. Make tm's reusable. This honestly pisses me off because there are a lot of good tm's in the game but you only get 1 single tm and you can only put it on one pokemon and you probably want that tm be on one of your other mon as well but you can't because they are a single use. You are basically gonna have to do a useless move that you will never use.

11. Make the player run indoors. You have to walk incredibly slow in buildings and it takes so long getting to the place where you need to be in the building.

12. Please don't force players to only buy hyper potions, max potions, full restores, and revives in the early game. You would have barely any money to buy them and buying one will be a complete waste.

13. Increase bag size. A lot of people had to put a lot of items in the item storage and it pisses people off that it also doesn't send it to the pc when trying to pick up the item. People want more storage and don't want to keep going to their pc to put good items to the item storage.

There is probably more problems in the game but please at least fix these if you are still doing this hack.

Last edited:
This hack needs a HUGE update and it honestly has potential.

1. Don't make all of the battle themes the trainer theme from RSE we need to listen to different themes not just the same one over and over again. I mean how does a wild feebas have a legendary pokemon theme but the gym leaders, elite four, and champion have a original basic trainer theme.

2. Make a healing spot in your hometown. You are gonna have to lose because of your low health while the team steam grunt you battled in central city and there are trainers in the first route that have at least 5 pokemon and you will lose money and it is the gen 3 style black outs so you are gonna lose a lot. Change the black outs to the gen 4 style so players won't lose a lot of money and there is also a safari zone after the first route and you can't do it because of your short amount of money.

3. Add a move reminder in the game. Seriously? No move reminder. That's rudiculous like people want to team build before starting the playthrough and what if the best move they know is from level 1 which means your going to have to go to the move reminder and remember the move to teach it to your mon. But there is no move reminder in this game so you will probably have to stick to useless moves on your mon.

4. Get rid of having to use HM's on your party pokemon. People hate having to use a weak useless move to get rid of one of it's good moves which basically ruins the mon's moveset and nobody likes that.

5. Change the gym puzzle in the ghost type gym. There are 4 warps per room and when you go into the warp you don't know which room you are in so you will have to go to a random protal in the room and you don't know where that leads to and it is most likely making you start over.

6. Be there a way to rebbattle trainers. A lot of trainers have a lot of mons on their team and you can't rebbattle them for grinding. Wild mons give you a very small amount of exp and it still takes a long time to get to the level cap even when you speed up the game. Maybe add a vs seeker to the game or a way to rebbatle trainers how pokemon glazed did it. You are gonna have to grind in like every gym because of the way that you can't rebbattle trainers and the only option is battling wild pokemon which barely gives you any exp.

7. Make the game more difficult like give some of the bosses mons held items, some ev's, and some iv's to make it more difficult because when a pokemon game is too easy it makes it boring.

8. Change the dialouge. The dialouge in this game sounds cringe to me no offense and every trainer uses the same dialouge and I heard most of the trainers always saying "I like variety!" and on the route left to central city a lot of trainers used the same dialouge which makes it boring.

9. Let there be a way to forget hm moves. I know that you can delete hm moves by the move deleter but still. Please be a way that you can delete hm moves.

10. Make tm's reusable. This honestly pisses me off because there are a lot of good tm's in the game but you only get 1 single tm and you can only put it on one pokemon and you probably want that tm be on one of your other mon as well but you can't because they are a single use. You are basically gonna have to do a useless move that you will never use.

11. Make the player run indoors. You have to walk incredibly slow in buildings and it takes so long getting to the place where you need to be in the building.

12. Please don't force players to only buy hyper potions, max potions, full restores, and revives in the early game. You would have barely any money to buy them and buying one will be a complete waste.

13. Increase bag size. A lot of people had to put a lot of items in the item storage and it pisses people off that it also doesn't send it to the pc when trying to pick up the item. People want more storage and don't want to keep going to their pc to put good items to the item storage.

There is probably more problems in the game but please at least fix these if you are still doing this hack.
The game will not get updated because of the creator controversy

The dev get into dispute over art on the dev other game
This game has no relation with that one or its artist. This game won't be (probably) updated because its 10+ years old and hasn't updated for a very long time. If Wesley or anyone who allowed had intentions, they would've by now. There are other unofficial versions but they have their own bugs because, again, this game is old and lots changed since its release.

This game has no relation with that one or its artist. This game won't be (probably) updated because its 10+ years old and hasn't updated for a very long time. If Wesley or anyone who allowed had intentions, they would've by now. There are other unofficial versions but they have their own bugs because, again, this game is old and lots changed since its release.
The dev delete the Twitter because of that dispute and because of that dispute before the Twitter account get deleted the dev make announcement will not making anymore game

The dev delete the Twitter because of that dispute and because of that dispute before the Twitter account get deleted the dev make announcement will not making anymore game
Well, yeah but as far as I know, he wasn't doing much for a long time anyways.

Back