• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aggron Movesets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ham

asdf tl;dr
Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    Uber_Flame said:
    Ok my Aggron Movesets are

Iron Tail
    Metal Claw
    Take Down
    Headbutt

what do you think will help to improve my Aggron?
    ...a LOT.

first off, get rid of everything. movesets of pure level up moves usually fail.

maybe keep Iron Tail.

~Aggron@Leftovers/Choice Band
    Adamant/Brave|sturdy/Rock head
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake/Focus Punch/Substitute
    Focus Punch/Substitute/Iron Tail/Double Edge
    Fire Blast/Focus Punch/Substitute/Iron Tail/Double Edge

covered both CB and Subpunch versions. Rock Slide is standard, and some understandable variants:

1) Substitue with Leftovers only.
    2) rock head with Double Edge only
    3) Fire Blast for Skarm. use with Brave.

ok?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Uber_Flame said:
    ok thanks i'll try that soon,and where do i get leftovers?been trying to look for one in emerald ><
    On the basement floor of the ship you go onto to get to Frontier (forgot ship name).

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    ghaa.. iron tail, to inaccurate IMO. Sub is a must on Aagron. you could also throw on Thunder wave if you wanted to....

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    currently I'm using:

~Thunder Wave
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Double Edge/Focus Punch
    ~Roar/ counter/Sub

as the first pokemon in my line up counter is cool to OHKO something, roar for stat uppers, and sub so that I can focus punch. Double Normal and flying resist is really cool for switch-ins.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    it has enough defense to take a STAB'ed earthquake or a STAB'ed Brick Break, which is mainly what counter is good for. Too bad its slow, so after that one counter its done for =/

CipherDakim12

Don't mess with this baby...
    Years
  • Uber_Flame said:
    Ok my Aggron Movesets are

Iron Tail
    Metal Claw
    Take Down
    Headbutt

what do you think will help to improve my Aggron?

NO! First off Headbutt stinks! Metal Claw! Crap! Take Down also stinks. Try this:

Rock Slide
    Iron Tail
    Earthquake
    Double-Edge

Now those are moves! If your Aggron doesn't know Earthquake, you got a problem. You also need to it a Rock move. Rock Tomb will also do. Keep Iron Tail, because its the best Steel-type move (aside from Meteor Mash). And, finally, why have Take Down there is Double-Edge?

Try those moves and believe me, your Aggron do much better.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Does this suck too?

Metal Sound
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast
    Double-Edge

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2007
    I know that Iron Tail only has 70% accuracy, which sucks, but I still find it a good move.

I'm with Cipher on his moveset, since it is the same one I have with my Aggron.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
  • Ap41290 said:
    I know that Iron Tail only has 70% accuracy, which sucks, but I still find it a good move.

I'm with Cipher on his moveset, since it is the same one I have with my Aggron.

Funny, I think that's called contradiction.

If you say Iron Tail sucks then why use it on your Aggron, becase apparently you do, because you said Cipher put up the same set taht your Aggron has!
    :\

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2007
    I didn't mean that Iron Tail sucks, I meant it's accuracy sucks.

Yes, I do use the same moveset that Cipher posted...

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    the set cipher posted needs Focus Punch over Double Edge and a choice band

Mullet

Banned
    Years
  • Ap41290 said:
    I didn't mean that Iron Tail sucks, I meant it's accuracy sucks.

Yes, I do use the same moveset that Cipher posted...

If it accuracy sucks why use it. If it can't hit there's no point in using it! If your going to use a Steel type move leave it to Metagross, and Meteor Mash.:D

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
  • Here's my moveset:
    Aggron@Scope Lens
    EQ
    Rock Slide
    Iron Tail
    AA

A pure Phy attacker. Aggron's DEF should be high enough to take fight moves from a Pokemon at same lvl. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows? If I am wrong, then Curse/Bulk Up for AA.

Uber_Flame

I'm Driving This Boat!Gah
    Years
  • hmm so well substitue,rock slide,thunder wave,and double edge a good move set,i'll update my aggron tommrow,and you can edit him from that...and as for now thx for the advice

Mullet

Banned
    Years
  • elitefour_protector said:
    Here's my moveset:
    Aggron@Scope Lens
    EQ
    Rock Slide
    Iron Tail
    AA

A pure Phy attacker. Aggron's DEF should be high enough to take fight moves from a Pokemon at same lvl. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows? If I am wrong, then Curse/Bulk Up for AA.

Dude, what's with you and Scope Lens, it's not that great, in fact it sucks, it should only be used in critical sets, which are like not existant at this time in the meta. Download NB, go on the Smogon sever and battle some real players! Download it at at the library computer, just make sure one one is watching.

Aerial Ace on Aggron is not good, and Iron Tail is to innaccurate IMO, don't get mad I'm just trying to help, so sorry, no hard feelings!
    :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back