• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Deck's Ultimate Weakness?

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Like how the topic says, what is your deck's ultimate weakness?

For me, it was Dragon Capture Jar. Before I was running a Dragon deck, and whenever someone used DCJ and switched all my dragons to defence mode, I was pretty much screwed until I drew Heavy Storm. However I switched to a water deck due to that main weakness.

Now, my weakness is my lack of cards. There's several key cards I need like A Legendary Ocean, however I'm lacking those cards. Due to that, my percentage of winning is cut serverly until I can get cards like that.

Edit: I found a second weakness to my deck. The Wave-Motion Cannon, Dark-Snake Syndrome, Goblin Thief combo. I only have two cards that can destroy spell or traps: Heavy Storm and Dust Tornado. Unfortunately they're often the cards I'd draw if I survived three more turns after the duel. Goblin Thief heals the opponent while I lose LP, Dark Snake Syndrome lowers both of our LP by an increasing amount each turn, and if Wave-Motion Cannon lasts more than 8 of my opponent's turns, I'm pretty much dead. Goblin Thief would be used to test if my face-downs are Dust Tornados or Magic Jammers, then I'd be bombarded with Wave-Motion and Dark Snake. Unless I draw Heavy Storm, I'll have a low chance of surviving unless I'm lucky enough to get my strongest monsters on the field (Ocean Dragon Lord, Levia Dragon, Dark Eradicator Warlock, and Dark Magician) and use a beatdown stragegy to win.

Last edited:

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    I use a few decks and I keep making more, but my favourite/signature deck is my VWXYZ deck.

I'd say the main weakness to mine is a deck that stops my spells and traps, as I'm screwed without 'em.

As it is a Machine-only deck, Acid Rain and System Down were pretty bad, but now I use Soul Release and Dimension Fusion. The VWXYZ cards remove themselves from play when they fuse anyway.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Hmmm...Well it really depends on what deck I'm talking about myself.

Most of my decks tend to be vulnerable to counters, though. A polished control deck can do some major damage to a good number of my decks.

Alarm kinda dies to counters just like that. I sneak out my combo, and it's over, though. Thus Alarm seems to die to beatdown as well because of that. I haven't seen much that I can do outside of winning faster than they can. Seems to be a thing with my Desire deck as well.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    A deck's weakness could basically be a a well constructed side deck.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Not necessarily. I an think of cases where the entire deck archtype just dies to another. e.g. owling mines just roll over and die to any form of aggro, or fast, non-resilient combos vs. counters.

Usually a well constructed sideboard can maybe take down 2 or 3 decks that you probably already have an even-odds against the other deck. In here, there are cases that isn't the case either.

Sparks

MasatoxSatoshi Shipper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    I run three different decks, each with a major weakness.

My most common used deck is a buffed up deck killer. Ie: Needle Worm, Morphing Jar, Card Destruction etc... The only realy major weakness is the lack of any monsters with 1600 atk or more, that and if I run all the cards and the deck still gone; chances are it's gonna be a loss.

Second most common deck for me is also the one with the biggest weakness. A standard Six Warmasters deck centered around Ultimate Offering and Negate Attack, so that I can make use of their effects. Jinzo and Skill Drain, two overly used cards are the single greatest weakness. Every monster in this deck is an effect monster, and the only spells I run are Swords of Revealing Light, Heavy Storm and Shein's Castle in the Mist. So any effect and trap killer format can take this out.

My last deck, a Skull Servant King format doesn't have any one glowing weakness other than I need all the following cards ready.

King of the Skull Servants
    At least 3 skull servants in the graveyard
    Opti-Camo Armor

A removed from play or D.D. deck can spell death for this grave themed beast. Without any additional Skull Servants or Kings to power it, I have no way of attacking with my Camo Armor equipped. The lack of monsters on the field can sometimes hurt, depending on what I've got facedown. This is a more balanced spell/trap deck.

LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaotic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    I use a machine BD deck so Acid rain of system down are my decks main weaknesses.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Demise OTK getting its pieces incredibly early... Monarchs getting both soul exchange with 2 monarchs in opening hand... 6 samurai that can whip out all 3 samurais in turn 1... basically, godly opening hands usually spell doom, and just have to rely on game 2 and 3 to do it.

Don't think the deck is weak to any one specific card, but rather vulnerable to a variety of card combos, and those card combos usually doom anything but solemn judgment anyway (and hence why they are the cookie cutters.)

Back