• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why have you not bought a new gen console yet?

Can you see yourself upgrading to this generation of consoles?

• Yes

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Simple question: for the people who do not own either a PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or Wii U, why have you not upgraded to the next generation of consoles?

Years
    I haven't completed my collection of last gen consoles, for one. Secondly, I kinda don't have the space for another console right now.

Also, at the moment, there aren't any games or services I want that are exclusively next-gen yet. Except for Sling.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I'm not made of money and a new system is not on my list of things I need right now.

^ This.

I have my eye on the Wii U + Smash, and on the "new" 3DS XL + Majora's Mask, but it's one or the other next month, and then I might be able to grab the other in April or May... maybe.

I already have a small collection of 3DS games starting, so I'm more likely to upgrade that first. That's the other problem with console games -- they aren't likely to be as cheap as Steam games, unfortunately. It'd take a bit of saving to even start collecting any for a whole new console. But what can ya do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Mostly because games/consoles selling here in New Zealand is waay more expensive than other countries it's painful. Why would I buy something $70 - $100 on a game when I can spend that money on cheaper games on Steam especially when I can buy other games that go on sale or come in a bundle of some sort.

Screw you EB games and your every day sales
    Spoiler:

> Also too many unplayed games on steam ;-;

Also have friends who have the different new gen consoles and I can just go to their house and sit down with them to play the game.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Mostly because games/consoles selling here in New Zealand is waay more expensive than other countries it's painful. Why would I buy something $70 - $100 on a game when I can spend that money on cheaper games on Steam especially when I can buy other games that go on sale or come in a bundle of some sort.

Screw you EB games and your every day sales
    Spoiler:

> Also too many unplayed games on steam ;-;

Also have friends who have the different new gen consoles and I can just go to their house and sit down with them to play the game.
    But look at how cute that snowman is! How could you not buy a game with such a personable mascot on there? Because you know what they say, a cute snowman on a game makes a $77 purchase all the easier to make!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    But look at how cute that snowman is! How could you not buy a game with such a personable mascot on there? Because you know what they say, a cute snowman on a game makes a $77 purchase all the easier to make!

As cute as the snowman is with his big googly eyes, carrot nose and top hat, that would mean I'd have to buy every game in the store with his cute little face.

Still bought it anyway xD

TY

Because I own a PC and find mouse and keyboard way more comfortable to use (my opinion) and the console exclusives that are out atm are also for the older gen consoles so... yeh :P

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    I still have games that I want to play on the last gen consoles (PS3, 360). When I'm pretty much done with those, I plan to grab a Wii U and PS4 and jump into the next gen. Plus there'll be a bunch of games ready for me to sink my teeth into. It's gonna be great!

Years
    Of the three home consoles I am interested in the Wii U to some extent, but it's nothing i'll go out of my way for. I can afford it, and there are games on it I would check out and play, but the One and the PS4 I don't think, mostly because I would prefer to lean towards more simplistic games like what Nintendo is known for.

Sir Codin

Well, truth be told, I do own a Wii U and I used to own a Playstation 4, but I sold my Playstation 4 to get money to pay off some bullshit move-in fees my landlord forgot to tell me to pay back when I still had a job.

But in truth, I don't regret selling the PS4. Every game that looked remotely interesting for it turned out to be a disappointment and I don't fancy many of the games on Xbox One either.

So I don't think I'll be getting a new PS4 or a Xbox One (stupid name, btw) anytime soon.

Seems like anything I want to play these days is either on Nintendo or on PC.

Years
    Lack of money and none of the current systems have any games I'm interested in yet, and what few games do interest me I can just play on PS3 or PC. I'm waiting on Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Embelm before getting a Wii U (although Zelda U may just change my mind on that stance) and Final Fantasy XV + Kingdom Hearts 3 or Jak 4 ahahaha yeah right before getting a PS4, and I'm not all that interested in an Xbox One.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I don't have the money to spend on a new gen console, especially when there isn't anything out right now that I want to play.

Besides, I have a ridiculous back-log of games to play on older systems that I haven't touched yet. I just got a PlayStation 3 for cheap, but got no games for it yet. I see no reason to get a PlayStation 4 when I have a brand-new PS3 with several games for it I want to play.

I might get a new 3DS XL sooner than any of the other new gen consoles. But my 3DS gets a lot more use than any console and I'd like an upgrade.

Bay

Years
    There's only a few games for the XBox One and PS4 that caught my interest but those consoles (and the games themselves) are pretty expensive and I don't think I'll get either of those anytime soon. There are more games on PC and handhelds I would like to play and I'm considering upgrading to New 3DS (like Astinus, I've been using my 3DS quite a bit lately).

Years
    If the PS4 was backwards compatible, I'd have one already, since my PS3 looks to be on its last legs. Since it's not though, I can't justify spending $450 + taxes for a console that has maybe 3 or 4 games that I want to play at this point. In fact, as much as I don't want to, I'd rather spend $150 to pick up a used PS3 that'll last me for another two years, and then jump into the next gen consoles when they're cheaper, and each have an established game library.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I've got a Wii U quite recently, as for the PS4 I'm holding off since my PS3 is in pretty good condition at the moment. The library of games that PS4 has to offer just isn't really tailored to me to shell out over £300 just yet either. I will eventually get a PS4, just when better games are released and the price drops slightly more.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I've bought the Wii U but not a PS4 or Xbox One yet. The next console I will purchase will probably be a PS4, it's not that I don't have the money but I don't have enough cash to buy it stealthily without my parents knowing. When I can rake in about $100 cash I'll probably buy it then. If I spend $250 or so on my debit card my parents will get pissed if they see it all for games. Wish it wouldn't be like that, but it is atm.

Back