• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Do Most People Hate Ash?

Years
  • i never really watched the new episodes but i used to watch the old ones religiously, i loved ash he kicked ass and took names!

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • Well, when I was younger Ash and Pikachu were like the best thing since sliced bread, but as I grew older, they began to annoy me, more so Pikachu than Ash, and his repeatative battles that u=involved getting his butt handed to him, only to have Pikachu or Charizard come back and own everything without even trying, but then the 4th gen came out and they introduced Paul, the best rival to date, because he literally manages to wipe the floor with Ash and Pikachu and makes it look awesome, after Gary because well you can't get any better than Gary Oak.

And he sucks for putting Gliscor on a bus and getting a Gible, I still don't see the point in him getting one, they should've given it to Brock D: but whatever.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    I hate Ash because he is too weak that sometimes he is defeated by gym leaders.As we know from the games gym leaders are pushovers.All elite four members who he have battled so far have defeated him and he shouldn't make a fresh start.Now his team lacks a strong water type pokemon.Even a Floatzel won't be effective as a Blastoise or a Feraligatr.He catches pokemon that he doesn't need.Buizel and Corpfish shouldn't have been captured because he has Squirtle and Totodile as their final evolved forms are stronger than Floatzel and Crawdaunt.If he had spent the time that he wasted with Buizel and Corpfish with Squirtle and Totodile they would have been evolved twice and he has to force Bulbasaur and Pikachu to evolve but I respect people who like him.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2023
    I think what many are unaware of is that Ash might be Satoshi Tajiri's OC. I myself have an OC, some of us have. And we imagine our OCs going through all the regions winning battles and leagues. So you get the idea. But I think a reason why people don't like Ash is because of the amount of episodes.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • He's annoying, he's an idiot and he never develops as a character.

For some reason, he developed and got smarter in the Advanced series' and I could tolerate him then, but he just got dumb again.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Because he's a Mary Sue who conveniently pulls out DEM's whenever he so pleases?

He also uses NFE's, which doesn't rub off well with the younger crowd who like to see giant firebreathing DRAGONS OMG DRAGONS SO COOL.

The VA change didn't help this.

And I don't care about the OP, he still AR's the crap outta Pikachu. You can tell because it draws to an Elekid yet can beat a Regice. srsly wtf.

He's cool and all, just extremely poorly handled sometimes by the writers.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Because he is a Cheap rip off of red. End of discussion.

I think what many are unaware of is that Ash might be Satoshi Tajiri's OC. I myself have an OC, some of us have. And we imagine our OCs going through all the regions winning battles and leagues. So you get the idea. But I think a reason why people don't like Ash is because of the amount of episodes.

Satoshi is Ash's Japanese name, so you know.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    He traded Butterfree for a gay Raticate. Lol. Then released Butterfree & caught a million Tauros. This thread needs to be renamed to "How can anyone like Ash?"

He should of caught the Non-shiny Pink Butterfree and let them mate.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Ash is the Best PKMN trainer evah!

Damn you Ash! Going on our forums and talking about you in thread that is about you! Dammit!!! What will your crush May say this too!? I feel bad. Soon everyone will be outnumbered. Why????????

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • His character is clichéd as much as can possibly be and is extremely repetitive. I'm glad that they seem to have gotten better about this in recent seasons, but it's just...since the first few seasons were extremely popular, even if they changed things in the later seasons, the damage was already done, and his reputation stuck. Personally, I'd feel more at ease if he didn't just nod and smile and accept the advice other characters gave him and instead took out a piece of paper and pencil and wrote it down, though I'm sure it differs per opinion.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    OMG has anyone watched the episode:
    "Leading a stray"? Its a DP BD episode...
    well in it ash makes a swampert faint and doesn't even both or think about catching it!!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    Personally I think Ash is hot so I wouldn't hate him.

Though it'd be cool to switch it up a bit somehow.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • I hate Ash because...he always wins, although sometimes he should totally not. I mean, yeah main character blah blah blah, but main characters can lose too. And :

"Pikachu, ready for a thunderbolt attack ?"
    "Pikachu, Thunderbolt !"
    "Pikachu, use your Thunderbolt attack !"
    "Pikachu, Thunderbolt now !"
    "Pikachu, quick, Thunderbolt !"

.................He gets old ! I want more Jimmy/Kenta/Gold !
    Ash was okay until Hoenn, Imo.
    And he still carries a Cindaquil, not a Typhlosion, or a Chikorita, not a Meganium...He rarely evolves his starters, nor does he do that with some other pokemon. And he ALWAYS changes his team D:

Bleh. In one word : Annoying
    and he doesn't grow up xP

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I hate Ash because...he always wins, although sometimes he should totally not.

This isn't even remotely true.

And he still carries a Cindaquil, not a Typhlosion, or a Chikorita, not a Meganium...He rarely evolves his starters, nor does he do that with some other pokemon. And he ALWAYS changes his team D:

You mean he uses different Pokemon based on the region he's in, just like what happens in the games?

How DARE a show promote the games!

Also, you're again, wrong.

Charizard, Bayleef (one evolution), Quilava (one evolution), Sceptile, Torterra, Infernape. The only starters who haven't evolved once are Bulbasaur (who chose not to evolve), Squirtle, and Totodile.

and he doesn't grow up xP

A cartoon isn't exactly like real-life. I know, it's kind of mind blowing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    Oh ya always winning that's not true he's lost a good amount of times, though his pokemon not evolving and still win is kinda ridiculous.

Back