• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the best sport?

Which is the best Sport?

• Soccer/Football

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • US Football

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Baseball

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Basketball

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Tennis

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
  • Soccer,badminton and volleyball xD
    They are the only sports I am actually good aat + they are fun =)

EDIT~Your sig is interesting x3 I'm for Mexico,Japan and Spain >=)

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    i donrt really think there is a "best sport" but i quite likw watching football on ocassions..
    oh im routing for japan.. probably gonna go out D:, ghana and ENGLAND!!!!!!!!
    oh if they win the world cup i get a year of free web hosting xD.. the least ill be getting is a month :3

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Football/soccer is the best sport. It's the most widely played sport in the world, played in pretty much every country in the world.

T00C00L

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2006
    Which is the best Sport?
    Soccer/Football
    US Football
    Baseball
    Basketball
    Tennis
    Other

None of Those^!
    I personally like Professional Wrestling (WWE/ECW), and Mixed Martial Arts (Pride Fighting Championships) and all those professionaL Fight sports, and i also watch FIFA football.

T00C00L

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2006
    Chase Leader said:
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]Hockey is missing from the list [/S-HIGHLIGHT]too...
    thats what I'd pick...Soccer coming pretty close though.
    yeah, but What Kind of Hockey?
    there is a lot of kinds of hockey:

*Rink hockey sticks have a curled "L" shape, and are about the same size as those in ice hockey. It is played with roller skates.
    *Ice hockey is played on ice with a small, 7- to 9-ounce rubber disc called a puck.
    *Field hockey is played with a ball on gravel, grass, or now, most commonly; sand- or water-based artificial turfs.
    * Air hockey is played indoors with a puck on an air-cushion table.
    * Ball Hockey is very similar to ice hockey but you use a ball instead of a puck. You play on a rink with no ice or on the streets.
    * Bandy is played with a ball on a football-sized ice arena, typically outdoors. It is in many ways field hockey played on ice.
    * Broomball is played on an ice hockey rink, but with a ball instead of a puck and a "broom" (actually a stick with a small plastic implement on the end) in place of the ice hockey stick. Instead of using skates, special shoes are used that have very soft rubbery soles to maximize grip while running around.
    * Bubble hockey is played in a plastic sealed table with the 'players' being moved by the use of pushing and turning rods.
    * Floorball, or Floor hockey, is a form of hockey played in a gymnasium using a plastic puck or hollow ball, and plastic sticks. It is played in sport halls.
    * Foot hockey is played using a bald tennis ball and using only the feet. It is popular at elementary schools in the winter.
    * Gym hockey is a form of ice hockey played in a gymnasium. It uses a plastic puck and plastic sticks.
    * Hurling is an Irish game
    * Indoor field hockey is an indoor variation of field hockey.
    * Inline hockey, played ideally in an indoor rink (plastic surface) or outdoor cement rink with a plastic puck. Using inline roller skates, and is often played by ice hockey players for training purposes when ice is not available.
    * Mini hockey (or knee hockey) is a form of hockey which is played in basements of houses. Players get down on their knees, using a miniature plastic stick, usually about 15 inches (38 cm) long and a small blue ball or a soft, fabric covered mini puck. They shoot into miniature goals as well. This is popular throughout North America, though it has not yet made the jump to Europe.
    * PowerHockey is a form of hockey for persons requiring the use of an electric (power) wheelchair in daily life. PowerHockey is a competitive sports opportunity for the physically disabled.
    * Ringette is an ice hockey variant that was designed for female players; it uses a straight stick and a rubber ring in place of a puck.
    * Rinkball is a Scandinavian team sport, played in a ice hockey rink with a ball.
    * Road hockey is a version of ice hockey played (most typically) on residential streets with or without inline skates, on bare pavement. Games are usually informal with no referee and no set teams. Because the game is played in the middle of the road, it can be interrupted by traffic, at which point someone will yell "car" and players move to the side of the road to allow the vehicle to pass.
    * Roller hockey is a category which includes two rollersports: inline hockey and rink hockey.
    * Shinny is an informal version of ice hockey.
    * Shinty is a Scottish Highlands game
    * Skater hockey is a variant of inline hockey, played with a ball.
    * Sledge hockey is a form of ice hockey played by the disabled. The players sit on sleds, and push themselves up and down the ice with picks on the butt end of their shortened hockey sticks. The game is played with many of the same rules as regular ice hockey.
    * Spongee is a cross between ice hockey and broomball and is most popular in Manitoba, Canada. A stick and puck are used as in hockey (the puck is a softer version called a "sponge puck"), and the same soft-soled shoes used in broomball are worn. The rules are basically the same as ice hockey, but one variation has an extra player on the ice called a "rover".
    * Table hockey is played indoors with a table-top game.
    * Underwater hockey is played on the bottom of a swimming pool.

so, i think theres a reason why Hockey hasnt been added..................cuz its stupid, and there are too many kinds!

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • T00C00L said:
    so, i think theres a reason why Hockey hasnt been added..................cuz its stupid, and there are too many kinds!
    Should I add Lacrosse to your list? Ice Hockey is real hockey obviously and if you don't like it, don't watch it, 'nough said.

I've either played or watched them all really and Hockey is by far the most fun and most intense I've experienced and watched just it doesn't get as much global hype as a World Cup or Super Bowl but there is no comparison when it comes to the actual sport. But as for alternatives I enjoy to watch are things like American Football, Baseball, Boxing, Olympic events and MMA sports like UFC.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    To play: Hockey, Bowling, Baseball.
    To watch: Basketball (not on TV)

Back