• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is your ethnic background

Years
  • My family are big genealogy nuts (on my dad's side, at least), so I know exactly where I came from. I'm:

• 12.5% Norwegian
    • 12.5% Swedish
    • 12.5% Scottish
    • 12.5% Austrian
    • 12.5% Hungarian
    • 12.5% Métis (which is technically half French and half Native)
    • 6.25% English
    • 6.25% Welsh
    • 6.25% Irish
    • 6.25% Dutch
    I know I have extended family as far as North America to Australia, scattered throughout Europe and even some living in China.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The only nationaly I'm aware that I am is Korean. Which makes me 100% Korean and 100% awesome.

Not that I know anything about Korean culture (and have no desire to try the food or their cars).

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    I'm mostly Belgian, but I'm pretty sure I have a little Italian. I don't really remember.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't know the percentage, but I do know that my mother's side is mostly purely Italian and my father's side is Irish and English. I suspect I have some French descent, but I don't have any proof of that.

Years
  • I'm a European mutt, from my understanding. The only ethnicity I can name with certainty is German, from my mother's side of the family. I also heard Finnish, but idk. My father apparently did a genealogy book when he was in high school and there were several ethnicities in it, but I haven't actually seen it.

To be honest, I don't really know much about my family's past to begin with, let alone where my far-flung ancestors actually came from. So it's hard for me to pin down exactly what I am. :/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm English English. There's some Irish ancestry somewhere along the line, but it's pretty far back (like, before 1850). I associate myself as fully English, though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    English through and through. Everyone breeding on this island has left our gene-pool like something that should be on the Galapagos.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm not too sure where my dad's side of the family comes from. However, I do know that I'm half-hispanic, as my mother is Puerto Rican, and my grandmother on her side is Honduran.

Years
  • Last time we had one of these threads, I said I was English, Scottish, Irish, French, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, and German, but I have since found out that I'm actually part Dutch, not part German, though the surname that ties me to either of those comes from both countries, so I may actually be both. In all, that's 8 or 9 European ethnic groups.

Years
  • My ethnic background consists of: American, Mexican, Polish, German, and Czechoslovakian. And, probably some others I don't know about.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    As far as I know, I'm 100% African-American. Although, there has been some talk of me having a bit of Caucasian mainly because my hair is a dark redish color.

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    American English for ethnicity.

English through and through. Everyone breeding on this island has left our gene-pool like something that should be on the Galapagos.

You sound disappointed by that.

Years
  • I believe that I am 25% Hungarian, 25% French, 25% Irish, and 25% Italian.
    One side of my family has lived in America for five generations, while the other side has been here for either five or six (about the late 1800's).

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Don't know the percentages but I'm Filipino but with part Spanish and I'm also apparently part German as well. Though I've only ever lived here in NZ since I was born - never have I lived in the Philippines

phonastik

Strange Quark
    Years
  • I'm a white Australian, mostly of English background. There's some German and Swedish in there, too. My favourite relative is named Theophilus Fuggle. I kid you not.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2011
    I am certain that I am 100% pinoy(Filipino). But my dad said I have small Japanese traces in my gene.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I am 100% Filipino, and have a few other traces of other Asian blood somewhere down the line.

Back