• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is music to you?

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Like the thread title asks, what is music to you? Does it play an important role in your life, or is it something good to listen to that's always there? Are there certain songs/musicians that are important to you?

As a musician, music is something very important and special to me. At first I thought I understood what music meant on the listening end of the spectrum, but there were some... events in my life, writing and playing music was the only shoulder I had to cry on, and coupled with my dream of being in the next wave of metal bands, it truly breathed new life into me as I understood what it really meant. I am really appreciative to the creation of music and to all the bands that have not only inspired me to be a better player, but to be a better person. In short, I love hearing music, I love playing music, I love writing music, and the beat of inspiration is an everlasting one for me to never give up on life and never give up on my hopes and dreams. Without music, my life would be entirely different, and I wouldn't be who I am today.

The bands and musicians that are the most important to me are the ones who have influenced my life the most. I remember way back, A7X and Atreyu inspired the dream, but Trivium has had a real influence on me lately and I received some of the most inspirational advice from Cisko, screamer/vocalist for Eyes Set To Kill.

I could honestly go one for days about the other bands on the list I've been inspired me, even in the smallest bit, but I'm hungry and there's a pizza downstairs.

Just an insight from a kid in the metalcore age, lol. Music fo eva.

Years
  • Music is kind of like colors to a coloring books. My life has all it needs to be complete (the drawings in the book), but music (the colors) makes it more vibrant and fun and pleasant.

I like to have it accompany me and match the mood I'm in. Makes me feel almost like I'm in a movie.

Years
  • A getaway. All I have to do is turn on some sort of music, and I'm in my own different world. Music brings people together. When people are listening to music they like, it turns them into a better version of themselves.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    I agree with Kidpunk. It's like an awesome get away~ I like to play music... But I also use it to influence stories~ I get ideas from it. Or apply it to some made up fairy tale in my head. Which brings me back a getaway~

On top of that though, it really influences my mood. If im pissed and my to sympathize, i'll play a song similar to what i'm thinking. Or if i'm happy and want an upbeat tune~

Back