• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What did you use your Master Ball on?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Eh... I use it on anything really sometimes I get bored and use it on easy pokemon. Like a pidgey. :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    I used it on Latios/@s, just for the sake of catching it on Ruby. On Fire Red, I used it on Mewtwo.

...The VERY NEXT battle was Entei. Roar. Ran away. Never came back. >____________<

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Yellow- Looking back...I've never beaten an original game from that generation (E4 counts as beaten)! >_< I need to finish Yellow before the battery dies, just to say I have...

Gold- Too long ago to remember. =P It was most likely the level 70 Lugia, or it could've been one of the three gerbils. My bet goes with one of those two.

Ruby- It's been a variety of things. First two runthroughs, I didn't even finish the E4 either (pattern, anyone? =P), so I think I either saved it or used it on a Groudon. My third playthrough, which I recently deleted with exactly 230 hours, I used it on whichever Lati is in Ruby, partially because they're annoying and partially because I killed Groudon. I think it had something to do with it taking over an hour, perhaps because of explosion...

Sapphire- I used it on a Kyogre, since it was my brother's, and I knew he wanted it back really soon, so I just wanted to beat the 8 gym leaders and then he could have it, since I already had the data from the other Lati from one of my friends who has Emerald.

Fire Red- The fight with Mewtwo. The next fight was Entei, who promptly roared and ran away forever. *sob*

Pearl- First playthrough, I made it to like the third gym and just got bored with the game. Second and current playthrough, I used it on a Palkia. I had literally one pokemon left at medium health after the fight, and it was 7 levels below him, so I just kinda gave up and threw it away, not wanting to go through that fight again. Having seen the running Spirit at least 3 times now, I kinda wish I had kept it...oh well.

I've already started my Ruby over, and I'm starting over my Fire Red as well as soon as I finish uploading the Pokemon...why NIntendo needed to add that stupid 6-a-day rule, I'm not sure. I'll probably use it on the Lati again for Ruby and save it for the gerbil on Fire Red.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    Guess wat i useed my mastr bl on? actually first, i started up my gameshark and got 99+ mastr bls, then i got access to mew, deoxis, latios+is,groundon kyroge and rayquaza.now, i have every legendary pkmn evr made!!!

xcept for sinnoh of course cause its on emerald XD

Last edited:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    LG: Articuno....Don't ask
    FR: Raikou
    R: Groudon...Rawr
    S: One of the regi's
    XD: Lugia
    Coll: Tyranitar or Metagross
    P: Uxie...Rawr again.
    D: Never used it, traded it on Pearl with Dialga and then restarted the game.

Thar.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    To clone a master ball (gba) u go to the battle tower.
    1. You deposit a pokemon holding a master ball.
    2. Save the game.
    3. Withdraw that Pokemon.
    4. Ask the lady far right you battle a multi-battle.
    5. Challenge it and doesn't matter which pokemon you choose to challenge.
    6. While it is saving turn the game off.
    7. You should be by the pc with pokemon in the party and pokemon in the pc.
    8. Then migrate the pokemon holding a masterball and voila! There is a master ball.
    Repeat and you have tons, you need wifi for ds cloning and I don't know about the ds cloning.

Years
    I used my Master Ball on Mesprit in D/P, and will probably use it on one of the three dogs in Silver. And I'll probably use it on Mewtwo in FireRed. But back to D/P, I had no problem catching Cresselia, and I think it's hilarious that people used their ball on Dialga/Palkia. Easiest legendaries to catch in any Pokemon game!

Donnie

the popstar that never was
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    Fire Red: A shiny Ponyta
    I was running through One Island when
    A shiny Ponyta appeared,
    I hesitaded and used the Masterball. xD

-Umbreon

Kaiser Glider

Training in Dragon's Den
    Years
    I can't believe I still remember this, but in my Red version I threw it at a random level 44 Weezing. no real reason, don't even remember where it was, but... yeah. gimme a break, i was 10 and sleep-deprived, lol. :)

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    I was always a cheater face, and copied my masterball through he R/B Cinnabar island, or turn of GB while changing boxes scam for G/S... so I used i on all legendaries.
    Didn't really play much of R/S/E or D/P, but I DO remember in one ruby game I had going I saw and caught BOTH a shiny cacnea and the begining evolution of loudred.
    And this was on the real cartridge game, no cheats or anything that I found them. (But I just used a pokeball on them)

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
    Years
    In Emerald, I multiplied mine, then used it on every legendary that
    graced me with they're presence. But if I hadn't, I would
    have used it on Latias/Latios (I did anyway).

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Since you have seen it, you can track it with the Pokédex.

*blinks*

That's weird. For some reason, I thought there was a glitch that if Entei or Raikou used roar to run away, they never came back, as in, dissappeared from the game permanantly. Booting up my game now, that's obviously not the case. Thanks for telling me that, especially since I was about to delete that file! Close one, eh?

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    In my opinion, all the legendaries are pretty easy to catch, but they just take a long time to do at times. I always like the challenge of catching all of them without a Master Ball (I may even limit myself to Poke Balls), so as the risk taker I am, I ended up trading my Master Ball away, so I guess you could say I used my Master Ball on my friend.

Back