• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV What are you currently watching?

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen today
    doctor who, season 2 (1964-1965), the chase, "the death of doctor who" (1965)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I watched the 3rd episode of Andor today...its really good so far!

Pokémon: The Arceus Chronicles popped up on Netflix so I had that on whilst I SR'd for Uxie (still ongoing) in BDSP.
    Spoiler:

Considering a Sense8 rewatch whilst I SR all the legends in BDSP and Sword. There's never really been anything like it, and probably never will be again. If Netflix starts to lose the rights to all the wild punts like that which were made when they were swimming in cash, that is when I cancel my 9-year subscription.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
    Surprisingly i've been getting into Transformers, of all things. I had watched Transformers: Animated when i was a kid, and i decided to check out the series where it all started. I saw the first 3 episodes of G1 and i'm liking it a lot more than i intended. I'm slowly starting to like the franchise as i delve into other things that the Transformers series has to offer. I just hope it's not one of those things where you're looked down upon for enjoying it because it has a mostly-children fanbase.

Oh, and i did end up seeing the entirety of Animated before i watched G1 since i was more familiar with those characters, and it's pretty good if you can look past the odd art style. My favorite characters from Animated are almost all of the Decepticons, but Starscream, Lugnut, and Blitzwing really steal the show. They all manage to be hilarious without being immature or have any lowest common denominator type humor. Lugnut's absolute undying simp-age for Megatron never gets old, Blitzwing's three personalities are all great and provide a lot of funny interactions, and Starscream is just in general a great character.

Last edited:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Finished season 1 of House of the Dragon yesterday.

Look, I was never big on Game of Thrones even though I watched the latest seasons, but I decided to give it a chance anyway because of the cast. Let's just say this is quite a frustrating series to get through. I know the appeal of the series is the sex and violence, but some of it was... even more gratuitous than it was on GoT - especially the traumatic birth scenes! That's not even going into the inconsistent plot, pacing and characterization.

The cast was on point, though, and it's kind of a shame they weren't given better material to work with. I came here for Matt Smith as Daemon Targaryen and Graham McTavish as Ser Harrold Westerling, and neither disappointed - I just wish the latter had had more screentime, because he was such a glowing presence whenever he showed up! Paddy Considine also killed it as King Viserys. I liked him before too, but I was expecting him to have a smaller role - and he pretty much carried most of the show on his shoulders, at the cost of shattering my heart to pieces as his character deteriorated more and more due to his illness. Milly Alcock as young Rhaenyra, Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower and Eve Best as Rhaenys Targaryen were also great.

Last but not least... oh God, I was NOT expecting Ewan Mitchell as Aemond Targaryen to steal my heart from under my nose. Look, I know the guy's supposed to be a colossal A-hole in the source material, but I just cannot hate him. He's one of the few actors in the entire series who actually looks like he's enjoying himself through and through, and it's absolutely contagious. Even accounting for his resemblance to the infamously handsome Ed Skrein, I just couldn't keep my eyes off him whenever he appeared because he was that charming. I'm kind of glad I found that the actor's around my age (despite Google giving his age as 20 for some reason) because I feel kind of dirty even mentioning him, moreso after having seen him in The Last Kingdom. My goodness Osferth, you have grown!

The Spectre

The Spectre
    Years
    As of recently I watch the occasional episode of Married... with Children or Superstore. because I'm addicted to it or something I've watched The Private Eyes like 30 times this month, for those of you who don't know what that is; The Private Eyes is a movie from the 80s starring Don Knotts and Tim Conway, these two together made one hell of a movie. while I have seen it a lot recently and can quote basically every line it never fails to crack me up, I would definitely suggest somebody watch it if you like a silly comedy movie where nothing is serious lmao.

Years
    I've mostly been watching some older comedy series back when they were funny, namely Black Books (for the 900th time). I don't know what it is about this show but it's almost hypnotic in how it still pulls me in. Every. Single. Time. I just think the trio of Tamsin Greig, Bill Bailey and Dylan Moran are just absolutely fantastic.

Also caught up on House of the Dragon because to be honest even though I am probably missing out on a fair lot due to not seeing Game of Thrones - I couldn't resist seeing what Matt Smith was bringing to the table after hearing so many people rave about it. Needless to say, I was not disappointed on that front! That said, it definitely does feel like a bumpy ride and not even necessarily because I feel that as someone who hasn't watched GoT I'm not getting anything, just a bit hard to be drawn in at times.

Very similar to Rings of Power actually, something else I've been watching; I appreciate what they're trying to do but honestly one of the worst-paced shows I've seen in a LONG while.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Found out I had an unused Apple TV+ trial in my phone contract, so I binged Ted Lasso again. Its still pretty good, but I'd rather something funnier. Also been tuning in for Andor weekly - its incredible!!

SAS Rogue Heroes on BBC - an apparently mostly factual depiction of how the famous unit was founded - is proving very entertaining. Binging it rather than wait weekly! Pretty great cast for UK tv too - Jack O'Connell, Alfie Allen, Dominic West, and Sofia Boutella are 4 of the leads (I've never heard of the fifth).

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen today
    avenue 5, "i love judging people" (2022). hope we get a third season

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Person Of Interest

Somehow I've entered a streak of watching "Cop With Fun/Special Sidekick Shows", and after having seen Bones and Castle years ago (and half liking them), I recently finished The Mentalist (and loved it) and now PoI was next on my list. Honestly I love it so far. It's sad af that (spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    but the show actually has an interesting long-form plot (compared to most of the similar shows, more involving than Mentalist's Red John plot also) so I'm still feeling involved and interested and will keep going until the end, because apparently it has a proper ending too (I haven't spoiled myself completely but i thiiink that's what I gathered).

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    avenue 5, "i love judging people" (2022). hope we get a third season

Me too! Just finished watching the season and I do hope they continue it, because the producers left a lot of plot threads unresolved. The dark comedy was top-notch this season, even better than the first!

Speaking of dark comedy, I also recently finished Season 5 of Netflix's The Crown... which at this point I'm convinced is a dark comedy poking some fun at the British royal family in the disguise of a dramatic biopic. It was much better than Season 4 in both plots and acting, though. Imelda Staunton as the late Queen was amazing, and so was Lesley Manville as Princess Margaret. (Not to mention, Timothy Dalton as Margaret's would-have-been fiancé Peter Townsend was a pleasant surprise and almost made me bawl my eyes out!) The others were decent as well, even if I wasn't convinced by their appearances. They were at least watchable, which is more than I can say for some of the cast members in Season 4. (I'm still pissed and bitter over Gillian Anderson winning an Emmy for her awful caricature of Margaret Thatcher. Yeah, I don't like the historical figure either, but has the actress no sense of subtlety?) Lastly, my favourite episode was ironically the least directly connected to the Royal Family - the one about Muhammad Al-Fayed. The actor who played him practically stole the show in that single episode.

Retek

Banned
    Years
    Finally, for the first time ever, I dove into Star Wars!

Saw the first two films, A New Hope and the Empire Strikes back. The score is outstanding and the amount if unexplained diversity is wild! Not to mention how they make models made at ILM back in the day look like massive ships!

I also read about the whole surgery thing of Mark Hamill, that said, it was super clever to have a beast hurt him before we look at him in the second movie to introduce it.

The special effects were incredible, and I was blown away seeing all the practical models/costumes used for the variety of alien races!

Not to mention how they used incredible camera work to emphasise on the scale of everything!

As for the main characters, Luke to me felt like a character who just being on screen warmed my soul, and his theme complimented that.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was an awesome character too, and Sir Alec Guinness excelled at portraying a beaten down man living as a hermit due to horrible circumstances.

(Yes I have a pretty good idea of about 30-40 of Star Wars, from YouTube clips. That said, still watching the movies didn't lessen the impact for me, though I do wonder what my reaction would be if I was to go in totally blind!)

Leia was an awesome female protagonist, and it was really nice to see her whenever she was taking charge of situations through her wit.

Solo, for appearing as someone selfish constantly surprised us with selfless acts.

R2-D2 and C3PO were an amazing implementation of comedic relief along with being extremely vital to the plot through their resourcefulness!

(Also they're so cute...)

And now... Darth Vader.

Oh boy, WHAT A FUCKING VILLAIN! I know the original movies didn't show him at the peak of his power due to the limitations of their time, but HOLY SHIT IS HE BADASS AS FUCK.

Like everytime he made someone incharge I felt sorry for them because I felt I knew that their countdown to a painful death had begun!

And the scene when it turned out that Lando betrayed Han and Leia, I WAS SHOOK. SHOOK TO SEE HIM SITTING AT THE TABLE.

What a character man.

All in all, I really enjoyed watching this and I definitely will be completing the whole series and Clone Wars and Rebels, so can't wait for that! Probably will watch Return of the Jedi and then dive into the Prequels. :)

I did have one gripe though, which as many people will agree, was the fight between Kenobi and Vader in the hallway. I know it was due to limitations of the time, but still, I couldn't imagine these two powerhouse in the Force to be fighting like kids with sticks!

Though here is that same scene reimagined, and it looks SO MUCH BETTER!

Oh and also I watched Badla, a Bollywood murder mystery with my sister. She was utterly shook, and I don't blame her.

Despite it being a remake of the Spanish film The Invisible Guest, it had some terrific performances as well!

Last edited:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    More dark comedy ahoy! I started watching The Serpent Queen. It goes to some dark places like most historical dramas nowadays and it even kind of reminds me of Becoming Elizabeth, but my gosh, unlike that series, it can be HILARIOUS at times. Also:

Spoiler:

Back