• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What am I doing wrong. DS erasing my sapphire!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2007
    I'm at wit's end. I don't know what's wrong. I've been playing Pokemon Diamond on my DS Lite. I finished the Pokemon League and was working on finishing my Pokedex so I could get the National Dex. I took a break from Diamond and got a copy of Sapphire. Had about 30 hours of time into the Sapphire (I was playing it on an SP). I went back to Diamond and got the National Dex and into Pal Park. So then I shut the DS down, inserted Sapphire into it, and turned the DS on. Started up Diamond. No option to Migrate on the screen here. Just the usual options. So then restarted the DS and loaded Sapphire. It said the save file had been deleted! I shut it back down and loaded Sapphire back into my SP...just to see the same thing again! The horror! For testing, I played a new game of Sapphire long enough to collect 6 pokemon and then tried loading up Diamond again. ERASURE!

What's the deal? Any ideas? The only thing I can find about the DS erasing things is something about Dungeon Blue, but nothing about Sapphire/Diamond.

I'm a little upset now looking at the heavily empty National Dex in Diamond knowing that, at the moment, I'm kind of stuck here in filling it out! And I was so looking forward to getting my cool little Sableye into the Wii.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2007
    Goody. That'll teach me to buy stuff on eBay. :( I was sort of afraid that might be the problem. *Sigh*

The cartridge is a clearish-blue color and has the Nintendo logo stamped on the back.

Any way to tell if it is a non-legit cartridge?

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    To get pal park go to sandgem and talk to the prof. As for the game deleting itself, Mine did the same but only on my sapphire though my emerald works well as does my ruby but it corrupted my sapphire and deleted it as well I cant even get it to start up any longer

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    mine did that to my emerald.I 5hink it has something to do with a week saveing battery.as a exparamet save and turn the game of when it says to not turn it off.make sure you save once befor that.

Years
    This is what sapphire should look like:
    What am I doing wrong. DS erasing my sapphire!!!

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Mine looks like that cept mine said internal battery was dry for like a month before that happened so i figured that was the problem

Last edited:
    Back