• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VG Trivia

Years
    Same as it has been since Day One. Each day throughout the GT, I will post a series of VG-related questions for everyone to answer. As I believe we're having two teams and a set amount of points for winning, I think I'll be going with the same principle as GT 2017's VG Trivia. Each individual will score points for their team, contributing to a team total. Whoever gets the most total points at the end can then receive whatever point prize I'm given (although considering it's a full-length event I'd be arguing 200 would be best here).

Gunna try and plan the rounds so they're hopefully not just WORDS AFTER WORDS, I have a few ideas for picture and sound rounds. I'll probably limit to 10 questions a day, I did ponder 5 but I feel that can be too easy and also doesn't give much of a scope in terms of teams winning over one another. I will promise to however be nicer with the trivia this year!

Gunna go on a basis of 5 points for each question answered correctly and a bonus in place for whoever submitted the correct answers first/the most answers, in the event of a tie. At least then someone is still gaining the advantage.

CSS here:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah, if you intend to tally overall scores then 200 at the end makes sense. Although, you could also do 50 to the winning team each round.

Years
    Yeah, if you intend to tally overall scores then 200 at the end makes sense. Although, you could also do 50 to the winning team each round.

Either or works fine with me, I lean towards the 200 just because of how the event is set up (ie cumulative points throughout). Before you panic - when I mention points in the post, it is not referring to GT points, but internal ones for the event.

Last edited:
    Years
    Either or works fine with me, I lean towards the 200 just because of how the event is set up (ie cumulative points throughout). Before you panic - when I mention points in the post, it is not referring to GT points, but internal ones for the event.

Either is fine by me at this point. The total 200 at the end should be fine but I'll double check what other events are doing later just to be sure.

Years
    Ok so this event is now set up and ready to go, obviously I won't post questions in here so people don't get to peep early but.

VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA

HOW THIS WORKS

THE FIRST TRIVIA SET
    VG Trivia is an event where I'll be firing all sorts of Video Game questions your way throughout the Get-Together. Your mission is simply to get as many right as you can! The winning team will then be awarded 200 points towards their team's total at the end of the event. Exciting! Read on to see how this event will be panning out.

Below you will find the first set of questions, and to participate, all you have to do is message myself with the answers. PLEASE join the PC Discord server and when you submit your answers, please include your Discord handle as well (just makes it easier for me to track if needed). I am contactable either via:

This set will contain much harder questions, however these can be answered at any point during the Get-Together.

Being more difficult and available throughout the Get-Together, you will be awarded 150 points for guessing the entire set correctly, otherwise scoring will be thus:

• 9 correct answers - 100 points
      [*]6-8 Correct answers - 80 points
      [*]4-6 correct answers - 60 points
      [*]2-4 correct answers - 40 points
      [*]1-2 correct answers - 20 points
      [*]0 correct answers - 0 points

However because of this, I will only accept ONE set of answers and will be using the FIRST set of answers sent by your team, so you will need to co-operate to make sure you get as many right as you can, before sending them in!

DAILY TRIVIA
    The rest of the event will have 10 easier questions posted Daily for you to answer. Any number of team members can send these in, so the more you send in the more points you'll generate! I will only accept the first answers from any team member however, so make sure to double-check before sending in.

Scoring will be 5 points for each correct answer. One question in each set will also be a bonus question, meaning you can score extra points. These will be highlighted and the extra criteria specified. In the event the teams tie, I will give bonus points to whichever team has submitted the MOST answers.

Otherwise, kick back, relax and get your game on!

POINTS TALLY

Check up on how you are doing here!
    Last updated blah

1st Place -
    2nd Place -
    3rd Place -
    Grand Total -

1st Place -
    2nd Place -
    3rd Place -
    Grand Total -

AND FINALLY...

A few closing notes - in the spirit of the competition, please try not to look up the answers! Use existing knowledge to answer these questions - there's a wide range of games, eras and genres mentioned so that there's something for everyone. If you have any questions at all regarding how the event is run, don't hesitate to post it here or message me.

The event itself is of course competitive, but the setup is made so co-operating will net you better results, so make sure to liaise with your team regularly, to have a better chance of winning! And most importantly...have fun!

VGT HARDMODE

MAIN TRIVIA SET

CATEGORY 1
    • ULTRA HARD QUESTION 1
    • ULTRA HARD QUESTION 2
    CATEGORY 2
    • ULTRA HARD QUESTION 1 BONUS - chimken?
    • ULTRA HARD QUESTION 2
    CATEGORY 3
    • ULTRA HARD QUESTION 1
    • ULTRA HARD QUESTION 2
    CATEGORY 4
    • ULTRA HARD QUESTION 1
    • ULTRA HARD QUESTION 2
    CATEGORY 5
    • ULTRA HARD QUESTION 1
    • ULTRA HARD QUESTION 2

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    In the event the teams tie, I will give bonus points to whichever team has submitted the MOST answers.
    It should be obvious but for clarification, will only correct answers be counted? You should mention this in order to avoid spam answers.

Edit:
    Using only the total amount of answers as a tie-breaker can lead to unfair victory, let's say that Team A sends 50 answers (25 correct) and Team B sends 40 answers (30 correct), this would mean that Team A wins despite of Team B having more knowledge which is unfair for Team B. To make it fair, you should use the amount of correct answers as a primary tie-breaker and the total amount of answers is a secondary tie-breaker which is used if there's still a tie after counting the amount of correct answers.

Last edited:
    Years
    It should be obvious but for clarification, will only correct answers be counted? You should mention this in order to avoid spam answers.

Edit:
    Using only the total amount of answers as a tie-breaker can lead to unfair victory, let's say that Team A sends 50 answers (25 correct) and Team B sends 40 answers (30 correct), this would mean that Team A wins despite of Team B having more knowledge which is unfair for Team B. To make it fair, you should use the amount of correct answers as a primary tie-breaker and the total amount of answers is a secondary tie-breaker which is used if there's still a tie after counting the amount of correct answers.

Yes, why would I use just any answers sent through lol when the point is to get them correct in the event

Back