• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    Again, same deal. Overall improved, but I have just about everything and can breed just about everything, so any further viable suggestions/fixes are welcome. Still might not be perfect on the spreads (and again, they might not be exactly accurate, but accurate enough), but I think the movesets are just about done (with maybe a few exceptions, still wondering about the last move for Tyranitar and whether I should use Rain Dance with Rain Dish or Swift Swim or just use Substitute).

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Scope Lens/Lax Incense
    Modest Nature
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SP.ATK/252 SPD/4 HP
    Hypnosis
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Psychic

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP/252 DEF/4 SP.ATK
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs (Need help on this one): 128 HP/252 ATK/30 DEF/100 SP.DEF
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Ice Fang

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Life Orb
    Hasty Nature
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 ATK/252 SPD/4 SP.ATK
    Close Combat
    Flamethrower
    Thunder Punch
    Earthquake

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Ability: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SP.DEF/4 DEF
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    Leech Seed
    Rain Dance (Substitute? Or stick with Rain Dance?)

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    Ability: Swarm
    EVs: 252 HP/252 DEF/4 ATK
    Swords Dance
    X Scissor
    Agility
    Baton Pass

Last edited:

MKDS_PoKE

PC Battle Community Helper
    Years
    Again, same deal. Overall improved, but I have just about everything and can breed just about everything, so any further viable suggestions/fixes are welcome. Still might not be perfect on the spreads (and again, they might not be exactly accurate, but accurate enough), but I think the movesets are just about done (with maybe a few exceptions, still wondering about the last move for Tyranitar and whether I should use Rain Dance with Rain Dish or Swift Swim or just use Substitute).

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Lax Incense
    Modest Nature
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SP.ATK/252 SPD/4 HP
    Hypnosis
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Psychic

Thunderbolt over psychic. No need for it when you already have Shadow Ball.

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP/252 DEF/4 SP.ATK
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Ok.

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs (Need help on this one): 128 HP/252 ATK/30 DEF/100 SP.DEF
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Substitute

If your going to run CBtar, why are you using substitute O_o. Switch it out for Pursuit.

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Life Orb
    Hasty Nature
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 ATK/252 SPD/4 SP.ATK
    Close Combat
    Flamethrower
    Thunder Punch
    Earthquake

Ok, but maybe over flamethrower use Swords Dance, and Stone Edge over Earthquake possibly, but you have t-punch...

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Ability: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SP.DEF/4 DEF
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    Leech Seed
    Rain Dance (Substitute? Or stick with Rain Dance?)

Ehh, rain dance I guess. If your going to use Rain Dance, you should use another pokemon that gets support from the rain (such as Kingdra?). Or CBFloatzel over Tt-ar?

Updated Team - Rate/Fix

Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    Ability: Swarm
    EVs: 252 HP/252 DEF/4 ATK
    Swords Dance
    X Scissor
    Agility
    Baton Pass

Eh, standard.

Overall, your team looks ok.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    Overall, your team looks ok.

Thanks. As far as T-Tar goes, I've gotten different suggestions on him. Pursuit just doesn't seem necessary to me. T-Tar's attack is through the roof now that I've finished training, and with the power he has I don't see Pursuit ever being as powerful as these other moves, not strategically, and certainly not as a general attack.

As far as Infernape, I don't like the idea of non-attack moves simply for the fact that he's mainly an attacker and too fragile to withstand many attacks.

MKDS_PoKE

Years
    Thanks. As far as T-Tar goes, I've gotten different suggestions on him. Pursuit just doesn't seem necessary to me. T-Tar's attack is through the roof now that I've finished training, and with the power he has I don't see Pursuit ever being as powerful as these other moves, not strategically, and certainly not as a general attack.

As far as Infernape, I don't like the idea of non-attack moves simply for the fact that he's mainly an attacker and too fragile to withstand many attacks.

Easily predicting switches will allow pursuit to do MASSIVE damage. Also, why would you use substitute when your using choice band? Well, a good alternative for pursuit is an elemental fang.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    Easily predicting switches will allow pursuit to do MASSIVE damage. Also, why would you use substitute when your using choice band? Well, a good alternative for pursuit is an elemental fang.

Good point. I'm just shopping around trying to find a move that's worth using. I guess I can keep Pursuit. As far as the fangs, I'll look into it. I've also thought about Dragon Dance.

Last edited:

MKDS_PoKE

Years
    Good point. I'm just shopping around trying to find a move that's worth using. I guess I can keep Pursuit. As far as the fangs, I'll look into it. I've also thought about Dragon Dance.

CBtar does much more damage than DDtar. But if you do choose to do so, then use life orb.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    CBtar does much more damage than DDtar. But if you do choose to do so, then use life orb.

Actually, I think I'll go with Ice Fang. Also, I'm thinking, not definitely, but maybe having Aqua Ring/Hypnosis instead of Rest/Sleep Talk for Milotic (I believe this takes a bit advantage of Ludicolo's Rain Dance), not for sure yet, though.

As far as giving Thunderbolt over Psychic to Gengar, it's a toss-up. Without Psychic, I have nothing too effective against Fighting types without it. With Infernape, at least I have Thunderpunch against Water/Flying types. It's basically 1/1 or 2/0, so for now I think I'll stick with 1/1.

Last edited:
    Back