• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tier List

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah, MKDS is about right. The smogon argument needs to end. But yeah, it's safe to say blissey and garchomp are OU, we just have different opinions about pokemon like Entei. When an official tier list is released, that should be stickied.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This part spoilered due to being off topic:

Spoiler:

First of all, stop saying legendary when it comes to competitive battling. It really shows a lack of experience. There's a big difference between Kyogre, Mewtwo, and Palkia versus Cresselia, Raikou, and Heatran. The first three are obviously uber. The last three are not uber, they are just OU. The OU legends all have major disadvantages and shortcomings. They do not equal an instant win. In fact if you use a team of six OU legends, you will almost always lose against a team that uses six non-legendary OUs. They are good in some ways, but limited in many others.

It takes more skill to get a Raikou to sweep a team than a Salamence to sweep. This is the truth.

You'll learn to accept legendaries in OU in due time. You don't like using them now because D/P is your first experience in competitive battling and you came in with a "newb mentality". But if you work hard, learn well, (and listen to the experts instead of shunning them!) you'll eventually shed your old way of thinking.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I don't get why if you are different than Smogon, then you are horrible at everything. I mean, this is PC, not Smogon, I don't see why I have to march in their lines and bow at their feet.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Can we just stop the Smogon arguing? If you have a beef with someone PM them about it. Let's get on topic...Anyways, I've been wondering why Pinsir is hardly ever used. It is very similar to Heracross, only it doesn't have reversal and a fighting type STAB for fighting moves. The stats are very similar.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    Can we just stop the Smogon arguing? If you have a beef with someone PM them about it. Let's get on topic...Anyways, I've been wondering why Pinsir is hardly ever used. It is very similar to Heracross, only it doesn't have reversal and a fighting type STAB for fighting moves. The stats are very similar.
    Pinsir has lower HP and SDef. And also lacks the power of Megahorn. Other than that, not much of a difference, but people would rather prefer Heracross instead of Pinsir.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    guts on heracross is just cool. and stab on fighting moves is awesome too. guts and stab make quite a big difference in competitive battling. i don't think pinsir can pull of choice scarf quite as well as heracross because of that. it's also missing pursuit, aside from megahorn. you're right that their base stats are comparable, but you still cant deny heracross is better. pinsir could definitely get you cool points though, if you use it on your team over heracross.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Posting to say I have used Moltres in UU, and it rapes whole teams. In UU it's literally Specsmence, but without anything to reliably stop it. BL for sure. Entei as well, you'd be surprised at the effectiveness of its CB set, despite lack of moves. And please, no arguing about whether something is BL or OU. Because BL exists to ban things from UU and is really just OUs that aren't used as much. It will never be a balanced, seperate tier without massive changes to OU and UU, you can still use them in OU or whatever, it doesn't matter. I've only seen one Pinsir, and I can't remember if it was in a (lol) BL battle, or UU, or even if I won or lost. But it's definately not OU, because even if it is too good for UU no one uses it.

EDIT: Also we need to ban Aruseus from Ubers. It's getting annoying. D:

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    uh, aragorn, i was kidding....

anyways, i think that Erlade is an OU, sorry if it's already on the list... It has really poor stats and people just use it because it looks cool
    It has decent stats and a large movepool. As a sweeper it's outclassed by Medicham, but it has huge supporting capabilities. Thunder Wave, Will-o-Wisp and Hypnosis are all extremely useful status moves and few others can learn all those moves. Of course Gallade's HP and Defense aren't the best, but it can withstand at least one reasonably strong special Attack with its high Special Defense. Its Speed is no issue after your opponent is paralyzed. Gallade is extremely useful as long as you can predict your opponent's moves. The reason why most people think Gallade is bad is because they try to make it a Medicham copy, which obviously just won't work for it.
    Get back to the topic everyone please.
    And you should stop mini-modding. Last time I checked, that post was off-topic so you have no right to tell others to be off-topic. And last time I checked, Anti-Pop Culture Warrior 13's post actually expressed his opinion on the tiers whereas yours was just plain midi-modding.
    I honestly think Tyranitar should not be consudered an uber becuse it's stats are not boosted because it's not a legendary. Tyranitar may have a flexible movepool but it's type weaknesses make up for it's variety in moves. The only way to keep a tyrantar on the field is to make sure it's defenses are high or it'll die when hit with a water or ground or ghost move. As for it's sand stream ability it can be countered by a swampert or metagross sweeper. tuned to take out tyranitar walls
    I partly agree with you. Tyranitar would get creamed in ubers, but some of your arguments are flawed. First of all, Ghost moves are not very effective on Dark so how would a Ghost move take down Tyranitar? Second, Tyranitar can easily withstand one or two Ground or Water moves and either set up a sweep or continue sweeping after taking the hit. Third, Tyranitar is not a wall, it's a tank/sweeper. And finally, any Sandstream team will have something to counter the obvious Tyranitar counters.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    :/ Aruseus wouldve been fun to use >_> I'm guessing the new tier list would be God,ubers,OU,BL,UU,NU.

Yup. The only reason I say that is because every Ubers battle I get into is won by Aruseus, except for that one where I forgot they had Reflect up and then Hera CCed me (it's amazingly fun to play Ubers vs. OU, the battles are so much more epic). And it's always Extremekiller too. Seriously people show some diversity.

Back