• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tier List

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    Although I completely see your point as to how Entei could be UU or BL, I still can't see Legendaries even being ALLOWED in UU. But whatever.

Also, I'm removing my list. I'll keep it for my own personal uses.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I'm not saying Entei should be UU as even with a horrible move, its stats are extremely high compared to most UUs, but Entei fits just perfectly for BL. It has potential to be good, but something (in this case its movepool) prevents it from being truly useful so either Entei is BL or they'll have to shove a couple of more low BLs into UU and thus demote some of the weaker UUs into NU. And I agree on the Smogon members who were in on this on Suicune being ranked as BL as well. Thanks to Life Orb, physical Electric moves and more powerful special moves (Draco Meteor comes to mind.) Calmcune has lost its near immortality. It's still effective as a wall, but nowadays it's much easier to break through Suicune's defenses.

MKDS_PoKE

PC Battle Community Helper
    Years
    Smogon is still working on this. Thus it is incomplete. Moderator, you shouldn't have even stickied this, seeing how it's incomplete

=\ noob.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Smogon is still working on this. Thus it is incomplete. Moderator, you shouldn't have even stickied this, seeing how it's incomplete

=\ noob.

*Sarcastic* I like how you are obeying the rules...

Just because this isnt one of your guides you love so much doesnt mean you must flame others in their thread..

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yeah totally agreeing with MKDS, first off all, it's not even original content. You blatantly took it from Smogona and had absolutely no part in writing it for yourself. Definitely not worthy of a sticky at all.

And in fact, no tier list deserves a sticky because we're not far enough along that we can safely say who is OU, who is BL, and who is UU.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    I have two questions:

1. whats an OU?? BL? And, i don't think Tyranitar should be considered as an uber

2. Does it take a long time to put all that *~*~*~* stuff in your post Aragorn?? lol

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    BL is borderline, which is in the middle basically, OU is overused, UU is underused, NU i think is never used, and uber is base stats>600 besides slaking.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    BL is borderline, which is in the middle basically, OU is overused, UU is underused, NU i think is never used, and uber is base stats>600 besides slaking.

Wrong! Uber is any Pokemon that overcentralizes the metagame due a combination of high stats, huge movepools, and gamebreaking abilities. Wobbuffet is uber, but it's stats aren't 600.

And no, they don't take a while to make.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Oh yeah, forgot about Wobbuffet. I saw the Heatran thread. Is there any foolproof way to classify these pokemon, especially the ubers, or is it more of an opinion?

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    uh, aragorn, i was kidding....

anyways, i think that Erlade is an OU, sorry if it's already on the list... It has really poor stats and people just use it because it looks cool

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

xXscytherXx said:
    I'm saving Iceman's tier list since it is the best one I've seen, and it isn't made by stuck up battlers who think they are better than everyone else.

I'm sure a tier list made by one single person is any good. That's not a tier list, that's just an opinion list.

And Smogoners aren't stuck-up at all. They don't think they're better than everyone else, so where in the world would you ever get that idea? Professionalism is not the same as elitism, but I'm getting off topic. You and Iceman PM please and I'll clear up this whole Smogon issue for you.

EDIT: Oh poo, you deleted your post. Don't worry, you're not gonna get in trouble. You're just misguided.

anyways, i think that Erlade is an OU, sorry if it's already on the list... It has really poor stats and people just use it because it looks cool
    I still don't think you understand. Here is the tier list in simple layman's terms.

Uber - Broken!
    OU - Great
    BL - Good
    UU - Okay
    NU - Poor

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years

I'm sure a tier list made by one single person is any good. That's not a tier list, that's just an opinion list.

And Smogoners aren't stuck-up at all. They don't think they're better than everyone else, so where in the world would you ever get that idea? Professionalism is not the same as elitism, but I'm getting off topic. You and Iceman PM please and I'll clear up this whole Smogon issue for you.

EDIT: Oh poo, you deleted your post. Don't worry, you're not gonna get in trouble. You're just misguided.

Seeing how MKDS just reacted because people were a little different, makes me sure that Smogon are a bunch of jerks. And I wasn't worried about being in trouble, my post just didn't make sense after people posted before me.

I just think it's funny that you like using legendaries. That's not professionalism, that's handicap O.o

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Seeing how MKDS just reacted because people were a little different, makes me sure that Smogon are a bunch of jerks. And I wasn't worried about being in trouble, my post just didn't make sense after people posted before me.
    This part spoilered due to being off topic:

Spoiler:

I just think it's funny that you like using legendaries. That's not professionalism, that's handicap O.o
    First of all, stop saying legendary when it comes to competitive battling. It really shows a lack of experience. There's a big difference between Kyogre, Mewtwo, and Palkia versus Cresselia, Raikou, and Heatran. The first three are obviously uber. The last three are not uber, they are just OU. The OU legends all have major disadvantages and shortcomings. They do not equal an instant win. In fact if you use a team of six OU legends, you will almost always lose against a team that uses six non-legendary OUs. They are good in some ways, but limited in many others.

It takes more skill to get a Raikou to sweep a team than a Salamence to sweep. This is the truth.

You'll learn to accept legendaries in OU in due time. You don't like using them now because D/P is your first experience in competitive battling and you came in with a "newb mentality". But if you work hard, learn well, (and listen to the experts instead of shunning them!) you'll eventually shed your old way of thinking.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Sorry for this off-topic comment, but I joined Smogon and posted a bad, BAD team but the people were very helpful. Don't judge a book by it's cover, or a line in it or whatever like Aragorn said. About the tier list, what is the decision process on what legends are uber vs. OU? Is it just the stats, or does it involve movepools and all of that stuff? Just curious.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I honestly think Tyranitar should not be consudered an uber becuse it's stats are not boosted because it's not a legendary. Tyranitar may have a flexible movepool but it's type weaknesses make up for it's variety in moves. The only way to keep a tyrantar on the field is to make sure it's defenses are high or it'll die when hit with a water or ground or ghost move. As for it's sand stream ability it can be countered by a swampert or metagross sweeper. tuned to take out tyranitar walls

MKDS_PoKE

PC Battle Community Helper
    Years
    Spoiler:

Lol at this spoiler that aragorn made. Sure, i almost got banned once, but smogon is pretty strict, and when I joined, I was a noob lol. But anyway, yea. "many Smogoners don't even like MKDS". Eh? I doubt that, I think what is meant is that "I'm just neutral" or whatev. Dunno. But anyway, just saying.

Anyway, back to topic. What Is meant is that, the tiers are not meant to be created yet. Thus, theories can be made, but their not official. So, please do not say "these" are the tiers, or link to them. They haven't been created yet. End of story.

Back