• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tier List

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Note: i'm not advertising or making a guide. But anyways, Smogon has realeased a Tier List for Dp. -Link Removed Edit: it's only for Uber and OU

Surgo** from Smogon forums said:
    This list is tentative. If you get in a fuss about tiers being listed, rethink your life. It will probably be revised over and over like any good tier list; it's a starting point.

THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR DISTINGUISHING UBERS AND OU POKEMON. DON'T SUGGEST OU/BL POKEMON TO BE PUT ON THE LIST. ONLY DISCUSS POKEMON THAT ARE UP FOR DEBATE BETWEEN UBER AND OU. DOING OTHERWISE WILL RESULT IN AN INFRACTION

Any PMs sent to moderators about the tier list will be ignored.
    Discuss OU and Uber tiers only.
    Do not suggest changes to the list without providing reasoning.

Uber:
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Wobbuffet
    Lugia
    Ho-Oh
    Latias
    Latios
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Deoxys (all forms)
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Arceus

Debated uber:
    Tyranitar

OU:
    Slowbro
    Gengar
    Weezing
    Starmie (4 gens in a row!)
    Gyarados
    Aerodactyl
    Dragonite
    Heracross
    Skarmory
    Donphan
    Blissey
    Celebi
    Swampert
    Breloom
    Salamence
    Metagross
    Jirachi
    Infernape
    Bronzong
    Garchomp
    Lucario
    Hippowdon
    Weavile
    Magnezone
    Rhyperior
    Tangrowth
    Electivire
    Togekiss
    Gliscor
    Porygon-Z
    Dusknoir
    Azelf
    Heatran
    Cresselia

Things you'd expect in OU but I'd say are BL right now:
    Alakazam
    Marowak
    Zapdos
    Suicune
    Raikou
    Gallade

Last edited by a moderator:

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Eh, making a tier list is quite hard. It'll take every single experienced battle on this site :/ It isn't a single person job beause everyone has different opinions D:

Yeah, if anyone Help's in this Thread, It'll be Appreciated. or just make one yourselves with Experinced Players.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Linking to other forums is against the rules here. I'll just go ahead and put the first post in that thread in a quote for you.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    List removed due to mass amounts of disapproval.

~Iceman3k

Last edited:

MKDS_PoKE

PC Battle Community Helper
    Years
    One way or another, all legendaries are classed as OU. They are NEVER to be classed below. And that whole fable of BL, it doesn't exist to me. If anything is BL, it's pretty much low tier OU.

Now here's my idea of a full D/P Tier list. Take note that these are my assumptions as to how the metagame will turn out and that I'm not using any sources whatsoever:

Uber: Mewtwo, Mew, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-oh, Wynaut, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Arceus

OU (High Tier): Dugtrio, Alakazam, Gengar, Weezing, Mr. Mime, Gyarados, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Snorlax, Zapdos, Dragonite, Forretress, Steelix, Heracross, Skarmory, Houndoom, Donphan, Blissey, Raikou, Suicune, Tyranitar, Celebi, Swampert, Ninjask, Medicham, Claydol, Milotic, Salamence, Metagross, Regice, Jirachi, Infernape, Garchomp, Lucario, Weavile, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Electivire, Gliscor, Porygon-Z, Dusknoir, Azelf, Cresselia, Manaphy

OU (Low Tier): Venusaur, Charizard, Pikachu, Ninetales, Arcanine, Machamp, Tentacruel, Slowbro, Dodrio, Cloyster, Exeggutor, Cubone, Marowak, Chansey, Jynx, Tauros, Lapras, Aerodactyl, Articuno, Moltres, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Crobat, Jumpluff, Espeon, Umbreon, Scizor, Ursaring, Kingdra, Miltank, Entei, Sceptile, Blaziken, Ludicolo, Swellow, Gardevoir, Breloom, Slaking, Flygon, Zangoose, Armaldo, Regirock, Registeel, Torterra, Empoleon, Staraptor, Roserade, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Floatzel, Ambipom, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Bronzong, Spiritomb, Hippowdon, Drapion, Abomasnow, Tangrowth, Magmortar, Togekiss, Yanmega, Leafeon, Glaceon, Mamoswine, Gallade, Heatran, Regigigas, Phione, Shaymin

UU: Blastoise, Butterfree, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Raticate, Fearow, Arbok, Raichu, Sandslash, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Vileplume, Parasect, Venomoth, Persian, Golduck, Primeape, Poliwrath, Victreebel, Golem, Rapidash, Farfetch'd, Dewgong, Muk, Hypno, Kingler, Electrode, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan, Seaking, Mr. Mime, Scyther, Electabuzz, Magmar, Pinsir, Omastar, Kabutops, Meganium, Furret, Noctowl, Ledian, Ariados, Lanturn, Xatu, Ampharos, Bellossom, Azumarill, Sudowoodo, Politoed, Sunflora, Quagsire, Slowking, Girafarig, Gligar, Granbull, Quilfish, Shuckle, Sneasel, Magcargo, Corsola, Octillery, Delibird, Mantine, Stantler, Hitmontop, Mightyena, Linoone, Beautifly, Dustox, Shiftry, Pelipper, Masquerain, Shedinja, Exploud, Hariyama, Delcatty, Sableye, Mawile, Aggron, Manectric, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Swalot, Sharpedo, Wailord, Camerupt, Torkoal, Grumpig, Spinda, Cacturne, Altaria, Seviper, Lunatone, Solrock, Whiscash, Crawdaunt, Cradily, Castform, Kecleon, Banette, Tropius, Chimeco, Absol, Glalie, Walrein, Huntail, Gorebyss, Luvdisc, Bibarel, Kricketune, Luxray, Wormadam, Mothim, Vespiquen, Pachirisu, Cherrim, Gastrodon, Drifblim, Lopunny, Purugly, Skuntank, Chatot, Toxicroak, Carnivine, Lumineon, Lickilicky, Probopass, Frosslass, Rotom

I might not be 100% on my anticipations, but this is what I think.

Lol. Dude, All legends are not classified as OU. Things like Entei are BL/UU due to it's typing and more. Alakazam is BL now. Lol Mr. Mime in OU. Zappy is BL, Vappy and Jolty are BL to. Steelix is not OU lol. Lol Houndoom is not OU, its BL. Suicune is BL now due to new walls. Claydol is BL. Regice is BL. Manaphy is uber. Noob

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Lol. Dude, All legends are not classified as OU. Things like Entei are BL/UU due to it's typing and more. Alakazam is BL now. Lol Mr. Mime in OU. Zappy is BL, Vappy and Jolty are BL to. Steelix is not OU lol. Lol Houndoom is not OU, its BL. Suicune is BL now due to new walls. Claydol is BL. Regice is BL. Manaphy is uber. Noob

Did i post that Manaphy was not Uber? It was from Smogon. I know that Manaphy is Uber. I know that Steellix and houndoom are not Ou. Vaperoreon i know he's in Bl and so is Jolteon. Mr.mime is not Ou that i know either. I did not Post this. And besides, It speciafacaaly said in the post that it was in ANOTHER forum.

Iceman3k

Years
    Last word of your post, MK_DS? Completely uncalled for.

Also, last time I remembered, Legendaries were NOT allowed in UU for one reason or another, and as far as BLs go, it's only 1 BL to a UU Team, if any at all. And I'd also like to know just how is Mr. Mime OU and how Steelix is POSSIBLY UU.

MKDS_PoKE

PC Battle Community Helper
    Years
    Last word of your post, MK_DS? Completely uncalled for.

Also, last time I remembered, Legendaries were NOT allowed in UU for one reason or another, and as far as BLs go, it's only 1 BL to a UU Team, if any at all. And I'd also like to know just how is Mr. Mime OU and how Steelix is POSSIBLY UU.
    You don't seem to understand the tier system. They are determined by not only stats, but weaknesses, moves, abilities, and more. In which why some of those pokemon you listed are in other tiers. BUT, I know you dislike that one certain site... but that one site will list the tiers which will be the official tiers of the metagame. That *site* is the #1 competitive battling site and is the smartest site as well, but lol. Uhh, yea. Just saying.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    You don't seem to understand the tier system. They are determined by not only stats, but weaknesses, moves, abilities, and more. In which why some of those pokemon you listed are in other tiers. BUT, I know you dislike that one certain site... but that one site will list the tiers which will be the official tiers of the metagame. That *site* is the #1 competitive battling site and is the smartest site as well, but lol. Uhh, yea. Just saying.

Uh, when you said this who were you talking to?
    Originally posted by Mkds Poke:Lol. Funny how you'd just copy and paste the tier list that ISN'T EVEN FINISHED.
    I'm sorry if you were talking to Iceman3k all this time.

Iceman3k

Years
    You don't seem to understand the tier system. They are determined by not only stats, but weaknesses, moves, abilities, and more. In which why some of those pokemon you listed are in other tiers.
    Then perhaps you'd like to suggest some logical changes that I'd completely take heed to instead of scoffing at me. And I completely understand that it IS by stats, and their movepools.

BUT, I know you dislike that one certain site... but that one site will list the tiers which will be the official tiers of the metagame. That *site* is the #1 competitive battling site and is the smartest site as well, but lol. Uhh, yea. Just saying.
    Has it come to your attention that I don't care what they say or think, since a majority of them act far too high and mighty for me to listen to?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Lol. Funny how you'd just copy and paste the tier list that ISN'T EVEN FINISHED.
    Don't worry, I'll keep the tier list updated.

And I'll sticky this. (something I forgot to do during the last time I checked this thread.)

*edit* And Iceman, how the heck could you ever think Entei could OU status? Its stats aren't outstanding and its movepool is just horribly limited.

Last edited:

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Don't worry, I'll keep the tier list updated.

And I'll sticky this. (something I forgot to do during the last time I checked this thread.)

*edit* And Iceman, how the heck could you ever think Entei could OU status? Its stats aren't outstanding and its movepool is just horribly limited.

Cool, this got a Sticky. Entei's UU/Bl.

Back