• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Thumb assembler and linker

knizz

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2020
    Three days ago I wanted to compile ASM-code. I started to download devKitArm but I was too impatient and didn't like the gcc overhead. So I decided to create my own assembler.

Features:
    • Complete thumb-instruction-set
    • C-Preprocessor-compatible
    • A linker is included

Problems:
    • Many opcodes use wrong factors for arguments. You can't use this program without the GBATEK and a disassembler
    • All opcodes need three characters (b → b_i, bx → b_x)
    • The syntax is strange
    • b_x and bx don't work with labels
    • The code is a mess
    • It's probably buggy

You can find the source here: https://code.google.com/p/khexe/source/browse/trunk/

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
    Three days ago I wanted to compile ASM-code. I started to download devKitArm but I was too impatient and didn't like the gcc overhead. So I decided to create my own assembler.

Features:
    • Complete thumb-instruction-set
    • C-Preprocessor-compatible
    • A linker is included

Problems:
    • Many opcodes use wrong factors for arguments. You can't use this program without the GBATEK and a disassembler
    • All opcodes need three characters (b → b_i, bx → b_x)
    • The syntax is strange
    • b_x and bx don't work with labels
    • The code is a mess
    • It's probably buggy

You can find the source here: https://code.google.com/p/khexe/source/browse/trunk/
    It's a great theory, in fact I was already making one. What is this coded in?

knizz

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2020
    It's a great theory, in fact I was already making one. What is this coded in?

In C. But I completely rewrote the version I posted about above. So the feature and bug list is different now. I also have a thread at thepokemonboard which shows a source-example.

knizz

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2020
    No ARM support?

Considering that both get used....

Pokemon only uses ARM in places where it's neccesary. For example the startup-code and the irq-handler. ( I had to write both by hand. >:( )

Back