• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This probably fails at life.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I always struggle making a team with decent synergy and that isnt "zomg Gyarados, infernape, t-tar, Garchomp," etc weak, its just me, i want to be a perfectionist lol

Well, ive thrown this together and it looks ok.

Swampert@leftovers
    240 HP / 212 DEF / 56 SP.ATT
    Relaxed Nature
    - Ice beam
    - Earthquake
    - Hydro Pump
    - Stealth Rock

This is my lead and T-tar wrecker, i like a super fast or a super solid lead, this definitely fits the latter. This is amazingly good at breaking walls for some reason. Sets up SR.

Blisey@Leftovers
    252 DEF / 212 SP.DEF / 40 Sp.Att
    Calm nature
    Trait: Natural Cure
    - Ice Beam
    - Seismic Toss
    - Softboiled
    - Aromatherapy

Sp.Wall and cleric.

Weezing@Leftovers
    196 HP / 252 DEF / 60 SP.ATT
    Bold Nature
    - Haze
    - Flamethrower
    - Thunderbolt
    - Pain Split.

Anti Weavile, heracross, breloom, gyarados etc. I want a PHazer, but Hazing will have to do, even though i despise it =/

Gallade@Leftovers
    252 HP / 148 SP.DEF / 108 Def
    Careful Nature
    - Hypnosis
    - Brick Break / Psycho Cut
    - Wish
    - Thunderwave

Tank and Mixape counter =),Double Status and Wish FTW !!

Tyranitar@Leftovers
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP.
    Jolly Nature
    - Taunt
    - Crunch
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake

It is my late game sweeper and Wall breaker, especially cresselia and celebi.

Azelf@Wise Glasses
    252 SP.ATT / 220 SPeed / 40 hp
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Psychic
    - Hidden power Fighting / Taunt / Grass Knot ?
    - Flamethrower

hahaah, my favourite pokemon and sp.sweeper. i may put taunt on this as most sp.walls rely on status to beat this and its hilarious to see blissey try and thunderwave and i Get 2 nasty plots in and 2hko it, wise glasses are there because they give me a 20% sp.att increase all be it less than the 30% of life orb, i hate recoil and i to live a Choice Band Pursuit if i dont switch out, so the recoil puts me of.

Threat list : -

Tyranitar: - The whole reason i have swampert. Unless it has Hidden power Grass, in which case im screwed lol, heck Gallade can take it, so im not bothered =)

Gyarados: Why i have T-Bolt on Weezing, infact why i have weezing in general.

Infernape: gallade takes mixed and special, even bliss takes fully special , Swampert takes the fully physical.

Azelf: Why i have blissey ev'd like this, Gallade can also take it unless it frikkin blows up =[

Rhyperior: Swampert.

Electivire: Weezing takes fullky physical. Gallade takes mixed and swampert takes physical but with t-bolt.

Heracross: I have Weezing ev trained like this to switch in and 2hko with flamethrower.

Salamence: Swampert takes physcial, as does weezing to an extent, Bliss takes specs mence. Gallade can take mix with Brick break, Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Roost.

Togekiss: Swampert takes flinch Hax, as does bliss, but oh boy i will have to be careful of this monster though.

Gengar: Bliss, and if they have one of those stupid ones with focus punch and explosion swampert, infact if they lack Energy Ball. Even Gallade can survive a shadow ball o_0.

Garchomp: Swampert would be my intial switch into this, however i can see why they are considering putting this into uber. Weezing Hazes the swords dance variant aswell. Chain Chomp is ghey and no one runs it, but i think i can possibly outpredict it.

Raikou:Blissey.

Lucario:Weezing takes fully physical ones all day and gallade takes special, even bliss, hence why its ev;d like this.

Tauros: Tauros, wtf ? Return is handled by t-tar, Weezing handles most of its other moves and so can swampy to an extent.

Starmie: Gallade, Blissey, even swampert should it lack grass knot etc.

Weavile: Weezing.

Dugtrio: How can you counter something that you cant switch out of =/, but oh well, Weezing, Swampert, Blissey as its got ice beam, Azelf handles it if its locked into EQ on a CB set but fears sucker punch.

Alakazam: On noes i hate these, Blissey for the most part, but ill have to be careful of trick.

PorygonZ:This is exactly why ive ev'd bliss so heavily in sp.def.

Medicham: Weezing as long as i dont switch into Psycho Cut, Azelf and Gallade resist both its stab moves and swampert can take it (Not the CB though)

Staraptor: Weezing, Swampert.

Slowbro: T-Tar.

Machamp: Weezing, Swampert, Gallade.

Jolteon: Blissey, this is why i wanted a PHazer for stuff like this that sub pass, but w/e.

Aerodactyl: Swampert, Weezing.

Snorlax: Gallade puts it to sleep and hammers away with CC and Weezing can outstall its curses with haze.

Zapdos: Gallade, Blissey.

Blissey: T-Tar, Azelf (Yes if i run taunt, after 2 Nasty Plots it gets 2hko'd), Gallade.

Suicune: Azelf, T-Tar aslong as i dont let it calm mind, Gallade can put it to sleep whilst i Haze it with Weezing and then use it as set up fodder by Azelf

Sceptile: Weezing takes physical versions all day, same with Blissey on special versions. Sub Seed are ghey and weezing may be able to take them, same with Bliss.

Breloom: Why i have Aromatherapy and Weezing.

Slaking: lulwut? Swampert, Weezing and the joke choice specs version blissey takes.

Tangrowth: Azelf and Weezing as long as i dont do something stupid =/

Ninjask: Haze and SR >>> Nubjask.

Metagross: Well i would of liked Will -o-wisp but swampert, weezing can take all of its moves bar Choice Band Explosion between them, Azelf can revenge kill CB Gross with Flamethrower.

Heatran: Swampert if it doesnt have Hidden power Grass and Blissey takes it although ill have to be careful about explosion.

Celebi: Azelf, T-Tar.

Jirachi: Swamper physical versions, CM versions are a pain, but Azelf should be able to take it as should Gallade.

Suggestions, rate ?

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Just a note, I would love to see my Pixie friend there. ;)

Mesprit@Leftovers
    Calm
    212 HP, 180 Def, 72 Sp. Def, 44 Sp. Atk

Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Ice Beam
    Psychic

Gyara, Garchomp, Breloom, Heracross etc counter. As long as you switch in on EQ for Chomp, and something other than Night Slash or CC on Hera, you are fine. This I've been running in my OU team lately, and it does wonders, as it covers many pokemon, and people don't know its base stats because it's never used...

That shores up a Fire Punch on Dusknoir over T-Punch.

Just so you know, Stone Edge from Gyara doesn't even 2HKO Mesprit. ;) (Me thinks, when I battled anywho...)

~T_S

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Tell me how Mesprit is a heracross counter when it's weak to Megahorn. BTW Mesprit really needs Calm Mind over Thunder Wave.

I already rated this on pe2k so you know I vote for some Metagross action in the last slot.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ive changed things around, i wasnt happy with it previously, it looks ok, but i still need input.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    The only thing I can really suggest, (because you have a solid team...) is to opt for Double-Status on Gallade...

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Tell me how Mesprit is a heracross counter when it's weak to Megahorn. BTW Mesprit really needs Calm Mind over Thunder Wave.

I already rated this on pe2k so you know I vote for some Metagross action in the last slot.

It doesn't die from a Choice Scarfed Megahorn, and can OHKO it with Psychic... Choice Band is another story, but Scarf is more common. Thunder Wave let's it at least do something to Blissey, and it can provide some sort of team support with the status. I play it with Thick Club Marowak in BL, it works effectively.

~T_S

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • It doesn't die from a Choice Scarfed Megahorn, and can OHKO it with Psychic... Choice Band is another story, but Scarf is more common. Thunder Wave let's it at least do something to Blissey, and it can provide some sort of team support with the status. I play it with Thick Club Marowak in BL, it works effectively.

~T_S

Yeah but that isn't using the definition of a counter.

A counter has to be able to SWITCH IN on what it's countering and then would be able to defeat that pokemon if it stayed in for whatever reason. If Mesprit is 2HKOed by Megahorn it's no counter. with Support (like from Dusknoir) Mesprit works but without it Megahorn will stomp you.

Blissey does have Natural Cure you know. thunder Waving it just makes it laugh while you take Toxic or a Thunder Wave of blissey.

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Yes, but it causes Bliss to switch out, and that can be handy in battle, It has worked on many occasions. Notice how I said "Uses in BL"...

I know it isn't as effective in OU, but in BL, it is kickass... ;)

P.S. Did you see that thread on Smogon which is something like "Garchomp, the most broken pokemon is OU" I lol'd, but he does have some case I suppose... o.0

P.S.S. What is your username on Smogon?

~T_S

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Yes, but it causes Bliss to switch out, and that can be handy in battle, It has worked on many occasions. Notice how I said "Uses in BL"...

I know it isn't as effective in OU, but in BL, it is kickass... ;)

P.S. Did you see that thread on Smogon which is something like "Garchomp, the most broken pokemon is OU" I lol'd, but he does have some case I suppose... o.0

P.S.S. What is your username on Smogon?

~T_S

PSSSSSSSSSS. why is that important? I rarely use my Smogon account anyways because I'm here.

Isn't the BL metagame kind of irrelevant here since this is an OU team? Like seriously this is for OU.

It's ridiculous BL has a metagame anyways.

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • I was making conversation... I was just giving it a better use than what you were talking about, and how effective it is. It can be very effective in OU, I swept a team on Shoddy with it.

~T_S

PsyDragon Trainer

PokéPro?
    Years
  • Man.. Let's stay on topic for ****'s sake.. God..

Well, now I see why Skarmory (and Bronzong) has been made :P. It can cause you big problems when Weezing and Azelf are gone, but that chance is quite slim.. Furthermore you haven't got much weaknesses, although Swampert can be a pain in the arse.. That's why I used to run Leaf Blade on my Gallade, I always lol'd at Swampert who thought they could ruin me any day :P. But Gallade has so many possibilities that Leaf Blade is pretty much out of the picture..

Anyhow.. It's a great team, and FINALLY one without those lame Skarmory and Bronzong.. It still has Blissey and TTar, but meh, they áre good..

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Man.. Let's stay on topic for ****'s sake.. God..

Well, now I see why Skarmory (and Bronzong) has been made :P. It can cause you big problems when Weezing and Azelf are gone, but that chance is quite slim.. Furthermore you haven't got much weaknesses, although Swampert can be a pain in the arse.. That's why I used to run Leaf Blade on my Gallade, I always lol'd at Swampert who thought they could ruin me any day :P. But Gallade has so many possibilities that Leaf Blade is pretty much out of the picture..

Anyhow.. It's a great team, and FINALLY one without those lame Skarmory and Bronzong.. It still has Blissey and TTar, but meh, they áre good..

Swampert eh ?

Reckon grass knot would go better on Azelf >> Hidden power Fighting ?

Skarm and Bronzong = win, so dont go hating on them Haha, and the only reason they're not on here because they get 2hko'd by people like you who run a Heracross which is on steroids lol =p

Well if you want Wish Support, WishBliss could ome in handy.

Yeah, i was thinking about that, however id have to drop Aromatherapy as its illegal with Wish =[.

Still need help on Gallade.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I think Blissey gets Heal Bell as an egg move from Smeargle but my memory is foggy hehe

BTW aren't RMT threads for rating T_S, not making conversation? O_o

And of course Swampert breaks walls. most physical walls are Bulky Grounds and they all die to Surf/Hydro Pump and so do Skarmory and Bronzong :P It's a good team but I would watch out for Gengar as it could be meddlesome. If Gengar launches Specs Focus Blasts at you and has some residual damage to back it up, you could be in twuble. Sadly TTar provides that residual damage and your lack of a Rapid Spinner means SR could really derail Blissey.

Yeah it's otherwise really solid.

Back