• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The VIP Board - What do you want to see? [Please respond]

Years
    Hello all Supporters.

As, I am sure, you all know, the VIP boards have never been that active. It seems to be a bit of an odd board where some of you post every so often, but then the activity drops.

I have been a Supporter for a couple of years now and I have tired to do something with the activity of the board, but it failed (when I wasn't staff). I think it was because I just didn't get the response that I wanted, so I was disheartened and didn't see why I should spend time improving something that no one wanted.
    However, I have decided to give this another crack and see what can be done.

What is the whole point of this thread? Well, I want to know what you, as the Supporters and paid members of the community:

~Want to see out of this board?
    ~What do you expect to see?
    ~What did you expect to see?
    ~What ideas do you have to make the board better?

This is going to be a personal task of mine from now on. I really want this board to be active and popular; something you can be proud of.

I want to say, if we don't get enough activity and people on board, then I won't be going forward with my ideas and plans; there is no point trying to carry a dead horse.

Can I please point out, that far out there requests like "discussion in who is moderated/promoted" won't be taken into consideration. Anything you think that is staff only, won't be discussed.
    If you are unsure of if it is possible, post it and find out.

Now let those ideas flow, enjoy yourself in thinking about ideas. This thread doesn't really have a expiring date or deadline date, so keep those ideas coming.

~Fabio.​

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    ~Want to see out of this board?
    ~What do you expect to see?
    ~What ideas do you have to make the board better?

Looking at the threads already in this forum, I'd say we definitely don't need general discussion and VIP-only games going on here. It just seems to defeat the purpose, why discuss general topics here instead off the normal off topic section? Why play games here when we have a trivia forum for that, etc.

I think we need more threads like this one, getting feedback/opinions/solutions for problems PC faces. I think in these cases some more interaction with higher staff, the people who ultimately get the say, would be ideal so there's more an exchange of opinions/idea rather than just a list.

I'm hoping ideas for gaining members, or upping activity on the forum, will be discussed here more, as it's an important part of PC. I also think it would be a good idea to call on supporters and staff a-like to plan events - whether they are Seasonal, Monthly - Site-wide or just to help out one particular forum.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I didnt have that much expectations for this section when I donated, though I expected people to post slightly more than this. Looking through the threads on this board, I can see a bunch of general threads that are the same as in Other Chat, Other Voting Polls, and Other Trivia. I dont think this section nessesarily needs those because anyone can reply to the general DCC and other threads like that. The DCC here is the same as in that section, except only supporters can reply to it.

I think there should be more discussions here on how to improve the forum, thats what I expected to see here. people coming up with ways to improve the forum and make it better for everyone and help plan special forum events and stuff.

Years
    Just to note, I am reading over all of these posts and taking them into consideration.

I want to get more activity and peoples opinions before I post a summary and go from there, so keep them coming.​

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I agree with everything that's already been said here. We have a forum for games, there's no reason to post VIP-only games here. It's a better idea to use this section to focus on improving PokeCommunity and coming up with new ideas.

Years
    Since the same thing is coming up, could people elaborate maybe?

Most say you would like this section to be a form of 'improvement' discussion, yes? What things would you like to be discussing? Note, it has to be within reason, of course.​

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Since the same thing is coming up, could people elaborate maybe?

Most say you would like this section to be a form of 'improvement' discussion, yes? What things would you like to be discussing? Note, it has to be within reason, of course.​

Off the top of my head (I think I mentioned some in my first post, it's 9:50am and I am slightly delusional):
    • Sub-forum event planning, things like: BW Challenges, Hacking or gaming competitions/workshops, writing competitions. Some subforums already have monthly awards - but I also know the hacking/game making area has kind of shied away from them due to a lack of 'quality' new hacks. A poll on which new game to highlight could be organised here.
    • Seasonal events, yadda yadda. I assume this normally happens in a mods section or whatever, but extra hands and heads might be helpful.
    • Site improvement polls or discussions, talks could include things like; rearranging forums, member drives, promoting the mentoring program, raising activity in ____ sub-forum.

I also think it would kind of be a nice idea to have some kind of higher-staff news blog thread, something to let people know if anything is happening with the forum, perhaps a 'donations' summary of the previous month (thanks to ___ for donating the most last month! Last month we raise __). If the exact amount has to remain secret they could always use percentages or whatever.

[/blabbering]

Years
    They are all reasonable suggestions, thank you!

I want to see more Supports post before I start feeding back to the H-Staff...​

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I like all the suggestions what I have seen in here and don't really have anything to contribute but I'd just like to say that when I first heard about this forum and donated another $5 because of curiosity I kind of expected something like... a more relaxed version of OC. Like people would just maybe talk about things that aren't serious enough to go in OC but they would like to talk about them or something. I expected to see people doing something similar to having a normal conversation like what you would have offline with friends when you're out doing something. I'm not really entirely sure how to put it better than that.

That's all ok going away now :x

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Personally, the reason I never really posted in this board because the threads were ones that were much similar to OC or OVP, and in those sections, I didn't really find myself active/posting in. I really want to see this board, idk, gain some spark so to speak. More supporter-exclusive competitions would be great (I'm not full of any ideas, so excuse my brevity.) -- perhaps exclusive graphics competitions? More caption contest would be nice too; I always enjoyed them. I also would really like to see this board serve as a way for members to reallt contribute to the development of the community, like SwiftSign mentioned; us being able to vote and somewhat have a say in the improvements or changes to the community as a whole, providing an additional view that may be different than the staff's.

Yeah, all-in-all I think I'd like to see this board provide something that isn't provided anywhere else on the community. But what exactly those things are, I'm not too sure about. If I think of some things in the meantime however, I'll be sure to stop by. c:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I really like the idea mentioned of threads discussing the site, with ways to improve it, etc. It's hard to think of threads to post here that couldn't just as easily be chucked in OVP or Other Chat and receive more activity. I think we just need to to advantage of the fact that (almost) all the people who have access to the forum have been here for a decent amount of time and are more likely to make better posts. How to do this however, I'm not sure.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    I think the forum should be deleted. It's senseless, seeing as nothing suggested has really ever come into fruitation. >_> It needs to be discussed in the HQ before anything happens, and we might as well just post in CQ&F for that.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Well it certainly looks like the majority of supporters just don't care, judging by the turn out here.

It would have been interesting to get enough input from people to get some feedback though.

Years
    I thought this was an old thread being brought back to life :x

Dunno if this thread is still being used for feedback but I'll post anyway. When I first heard about the VIP forum I thought it was either going to a section where pretty much anything was allowed and it was just going to be a huge big mess of Other Trivia, OVP and OC&D but a bit more related to the actual forum. Or somewhere where we'd be more involved in what is going to be done with PC and be able to test out beta features like we do in the style forums.
    I guess for the future I'd prefer it to be the later of my predictions because it'd be cool if the supporters had a bit more say in how the forum is run and could pitch ideas a bit more confidently seeing as they put money towards the place.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Well...

"Fellow supporters, welcome to the VIP forum! In this hangout you will be able to carry general conversation topics, have interaction with staff members and give your personal input into certain situations for the community's common improvement."

"This is a general chat forum with the exception that only a select group can see it! Additionally, your valued input may be required on PokéCommunity-related issues so check in often!"

We've already got the general chat forum part of the forum down, it's the other part that doesn't have much of a place here.
    Problem is, I can't think of a single issue that really needs to be expanded on and opened up to supporters.

I do think opening up the VIP forum to more people could probably bring in a little more activity, though. But the VIP forum isn't very impressive regardless, because we already have general chat all over the forums, especially since every forum and their mother seem to have their own DCC, and if you combine that with OC&D, the actual DCC, the supporter DCC, OVP, OCl, and even OT, it becomes pretty redundant. If you're already an active member of a particular forum like that, why would you bother posting in this one?

Back