• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Selfish Thread.

Years
    I'm not selfish. If I'm carrying excess, I donate it.
    However, I can get jealous at times! Especially at pretty people, as I am not.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I've been selfish in many different point in my life but none so much as when I prioritized drugs over everything else. I did some truly selfish and terrible things. But since getting sober (ten years this June!!) I've really tried to dedicate my life to helping others in any way that I can.

I always try to make myself flexible and available irl, I donate and volunteer regularly, I work as a medical assistant for the disenfranchised, and just generally put others before myself. I felt like I needed to make up for being such an awful human being in my past.. but now I've found that charity, compassion, and selflessness makes me unbelievably happy. There's such a reward for helping others without expecting anything in return and I live for those moments I can do something to make another person's day just a little bit better.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Tbh. I feel like everything I do and say has some underlying selfishness. And be it just a sort of "attention grabbing" thing.

Years
    i haven't bought a Trade Link Cable yet for VPP because i'm too selfish to give away any of my hard earned mons :p

Years
    i haven't bought a Trade Link Cable yet for VPP because i'm too selfish to give away any of my hard earned mons :p

I just don't like letting them leave. I feel guilty abandoning my wee friends 😭

Time to be selfish:

I want a hamburger... no, a cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake...

Years
    I was selfish when I was younger perhaps not even realizing it though I also put others first before myself as well. Even though I have no social life now years later I still try to help others in need if I can and they want help. That's just who I am as a person I truly care for others especially my family.

Back