• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
  • If she knows who the father is, have the kid. Raise it, do the right thing, get child support from the father.

If she doesn't know the father, abort or put up for adoption.

Either way, im sugesting that she find herself some Religion, or something that will impart morals or at the very least common sence.

Years
  • Well everybody, thanks for your words, but she is no longer with us. As of yesterday Melissa killed herself.... o.o; She has been missing for a few days so me and one of her friend went to her apartment and the whole thing a thrashed and she was laying in the bathtub, full of her own blood... she had mutilated herself... everywhere... ._. I would've taken pictures but... you jusst don't do that. Been with the police all day talking about what had made her do it.

I don't know about you, but don't you think suicide is a little EXTREME? I don't know, I don't really like to bad mouth the dead. But she didn't think any of it through.

.,:;'`Ghost';:,.

Mikosage

Internet Superstar
    Years
  • Well everybody, thanks for your words, but she is no longer with us. As of yesterday Melissa killed herself.... o.o; She has been missing for a few days so me and one of her friend went to her apartment and the whole thing a thrashed and she was laying in the bathtub, full of her own blood... she had mutilated herself... everywhere... ._. I would've taken pictures but... you jusst don't do that. Been with the police all day talking about what had made her do it.

I don't know about you, but don't you think suicide is a little EXTREME? I don't know, I don't really like to bad mouth the dead. But she didn't think any of it through.

.,:;'`Ghost';:,.

O_____O

If this is true then wow. Suicide is never the answer. She really must have been at rock bottom.

My only problem right now is my job. They cut me down to 1 day a week recently. At first I was going to just let it go because I've had jobs temporarily cut my hours before to train new hires, of which we have several.

Today I ran into a co worker who told me they've been understaffed for weeks and have been refusing to call me in. This tells me they're cutting my hours on purpose to try and get me to quit.

I think it's going to work. I don't take kindly to being jerked around.

Thing is I don't have another job lined up yet. This isn't a huge deal since it was minimum wage a few hours a week and my spouse makes good money.

I can't decide if I should quit or not. One one hand you should always have a job lined up before you quit. On the other hand it sticks in my craw that they're screwing with me like this and I don't want to be their marionette doll for however long it takes me to find another job.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
  • Ghost, I'm sorry for your friend and may she rest in peace. And I'm sorry for my response to your question, I changed it so I don't sound like a jerk.

Mikosage, if you can get another job lined up in a short amount of time, then quit your 'problem' job. If not, then try to go to college-by using your unused hours and your money-to get a better degree so you can find a better job.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2015
    Well, girl trouble, like quite a lot of people in here :P anyway,

There's a girl, and im actually not completely sure what my feelings are for her. She tells me a lot of her secrets, she trusts me and we are pretty close. Lately however it has seemed... more than that i suppose?

The biggest example was today in class, i was sitting with my friends, and we were taliking to her, she tells me that one of my friends told her we should go out. I blushed to be honest. My friends laughed at me, and she went back to sit down. Then i kept looking at her, and it seemed like she kept looking at me. Then we both looked at each other at the same time, and she started biting her pen.

I don't know what i think now... help?

Years
  • Well, girl trouble, like quite a lot of people in here :P anyway,

There's a girl, and im actually not completely sure what my feelings are for her. She tells me a lot of her secrets, she trusts me and we are pretty close. Lately however it has seemed... more than that i suppose?

The biggest example was today in class, i was sitting with my friends, and we were taliking to her, she tells me that one of my friends told her we should go out. I blushed to be honest. My friends laughed at me, and she went back to sit down. Then i kept looking at her, and it seemed like she kept looking at me. Then we both looked at each other at the same time, and she started biting her pen.

Sounds like the basic lust connection there. Sounds like you both like each other and if you get on well then why not take her friends offer seriously and talk it over with her?​

Years
  • Well, girl trouble, like quite a lot of people in here :P anyway,

I've seen this before a million times. Classic. Just muster up the courage and ask her out. The body language is pretty evident you have something there. Don't miss out on what may be a one-and-only chance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2015
    I wanted to see if you guys thought i should ask her out. I thought the same however there is a bigger part to this problem.

One of my friends is her ex. And he wont admit he likes her, but hes always saying to me:

"do you think me and her would make a good couple?"

and stuff like that. I would feel bad taking her, but at the same time ive played second best to lots of my friends in the past. And im fed up of being the nice guy.

Any help would be nice :)

Faolan

darĸneѕѕ prevaιlѕ.
    Years
  • I don't know if anyone feels the same way, But for the last couple years, I've just felt... Well, nothing. It's as if I'm numb. I've been told it's because I'm depressed, just enough to feel nothing, but not enough to make me deeply sad. I honestly think it's because of school, but I don't know anymore.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • O_____O

If this is true then wow. Suicide is never the answer. She really must have been at rock bottom.

My only problem right now is my job. They cut me down to 1 day a week recently. At first I was going to just let it go because I've had jobs temporarily cut my hours before to train new hires, of which we have several.

Today I ran into a co worker who told me they've been understaffed for weeks and have been refusing to call me in. This tells me they're cutting my hours on purpose to try and get me to quit.

I think it's going to work. I don't take kindly to being jerked around.

Thing is I don't have another job lined up yet. This isn't a huge deal since it was minimum wage a few hours a week and my spouse makes good money.

I can't decide if I should quit or not. One one hand you should always have a job lined up before you quit. On the other hand it sticks in my craw that they're screwing with me like this and I don't want to be their marionette doll for however long it takes me to find another job.

Depends - is that 1 day of work worth your time?

Thing is, you can work at your new job AND your current job, if they're only asking 1 of your 7 days. Just schedule the other 6 on another job :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I don't know if anyone feels the same way, But for the last couple years, I've just felt... Well, nothing. It's as if I'm numb. I've been told it's because I'm depressed, just enough to feel nothing, but not enough to make me deeply sad. I honestly think it's because of school, but I don't know anymore.
    Depression shuts of the production of endorphins, which stimulate the feeling known as "happiness." Therefore you cannot respond to situation happily. This numb feeling you describe honestly sounds more like apathy, which is where you feel nothing. If you want to produce endorphins, eat spicy foods and laugh and smile a lot. I guarantee that just laughing and smiling a lot will make your days a lot better. Try it. Also, try to hug people. The human brain craves social interaction on a deep level, hug people, get close and intimate. All this will release endorphins which will in turn keep you happier.

There is no set fix for such a numb feeling. To fix it, you have to go inside yourself and ask: "Why do I feel numb like this?" Figure out reason, whether it's where you live, your social/love life, school/work, or whatever. Then, when you find out what is stressing you out so much, work to either eliminate it or fix the elements about it that are causing you so much stress. Like if it's where you live(as it is for me) then move, if you can. If it's social/love life, get out there and look for people, realize rejection isn't that bad etcetc. If its school/work manage your time more efficiently so that you can take care of all your work and in turn be less stressed.

Another element to mental health that a lot of people don't consider is actual physical health. Staying physically fit, having a healthy lifestyle, that make you healthy, in body and mind. Keep yourself fit, have good personal hygiene, all that kind of stuff. You will feel A LOT better physically, which will make you feel A LOT better mentally. You dig? Eat healthy, exercise. Stretch every morning, go for a morning jog, do some yoga(this helps a lot.)

You also might want to work on stress managing activities as well. Find something that will also make you feel better. For me, it's going on walks, writing things, reading, making music, etc. This lady I know, her therapy is cleaning. Some are more productive than others, obviously, like hers will get your house clean(which can reduce stress too!). For some people, it doesn't even need to be anything complex, like I know a guy who just needs a stress ball.

As for a final tip? Keep busy. A wandering mind/hands are the devil's workshop. If you are busy, you most likely wont be focusing on how numb you feel on the inside. You just keep yourself busy and your mind won't travel to these thoughts. If you find yourself with nothing to do, join a few extra-curricular clubs at your school or try joining a class at your community center.

But above all, if you really feel that you need it, get professional help. Nothing will EVER be able to help you get over your issues faster than someone who is trained to do just that. Trust me on this one, they are actually a lot more helpful than you'd think. Movies, stories, they all have a VERY POOR portrayal of therapists and the like. It's hardly the "... and how does that make you feel?" routine. It is slow, subtle process in which they slowly nudge you to open up to them, without you even realizing it in most cases.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2015
    Have a new problem.

My family has always been a happy family. We went on fun holidays, we spent time together, had fun together, and we were all very close. At Christmas, however, my dad sent a message to a woman which my mum perceived as being flirtatious. My dad denied eveything, they split for a few adys, but they forgave each other in the end.

Unfortunately my mum never really got over it, and is always paranoid about everything my dad is doing. My dad, obviously, doesn't want to be controlled. Its not only that, it goes in a circle. my mum acts bad to him, he answers back, and it escalates. Its got to the stage when my dad comes in from work she barely even acknowledges him.

So a few days ago they sat down and discussed it. My dad left for a few days, thought it rhough, and came back. they tried to discuss how to fix their problems. however, the next day, my sister heard my dad on his phone. she thought it was odd, so she stood at the bottom of the stairs to listen to what he was saying. he thought he was talking to another woman, and she rushed upstairs to confront him. my dad panicked and deleted the call log, which made my sister even more suspicious.

Turns out it wasn't a woman. It was one of his good friends, who he had asked if he knew of anyone who was selling a house. my dad was still planning to move out, which we didn't know. My mum was very angry at him, and told him to just go.

So they havent talked since (it was yesterday)and my mum and sister have been pretty upset. So have I, but i feel sorry for my dad. My mum has a big family, who she is close to. My dads father dioed young, and so did his brother, and he isnt very close to his mother or sister. All he really had was me my mum and my sister. I hate to imagine how lonely he is, he was in tears yesterday before he left. My mum told me that "hes just messing with my head", but hes my dad and i love him, and i hate seeing him like this.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2011
    Have a new problem.

My family has always been a happy family. We went on fun holidays, we spent time together, had fun together, and we were all very close. At Christmas, however, my dad sent a message to a woman which my mum perceived as being flirtatious. My dad denied eveything, they split for a few adys, but they forgave each other in the end.

Unfortunately my mum never really got over it, and is always paranoid about everything my dad is doing. My dad, obviously, doesn't want to be controlled. Its not only that, it goes in a circle. my mum acts bad to him, he answers back, and it escalates. Its got to the stage when my dad comes in from work she barely even acknowledges him.

So a few days ago they sat down and discussed it. My dad left for a few days, thought it rhough, and came back. they tried to discuss how to fix their problems. however, the next day, my sister heard my dad on his phone. she thought it was odd, so she stood at the bottom of the stairs to listen to what he was saying. he thought he was talking to another woman, and she rushed upstairs to confront him. my dad panicked and deleted the call log, which made my sister even more suspicious.

Turns out it wasn't a woman. It was one of his good friends, who he had asked if he knew of anyone who was selling a house. my dad was still planning to move out, which we didn't know. My mum was very angry at him, and told him to just go.

So they havent talked since (it was yesterday)and my mum and sister have been pretty upset. So have I, but i feel sorry for my dad. My mum has a big family, who she is close to. My dads father dioed young, and so did his brother, and he isnt very close to his mother or sister. All he really had was me my mum and my sister. I hate to imagine how lonely he is, he was in tears yesterday before he left. My mum told me that "hes just messing with my head", but hes my dad and i love him, and i hate seeing him like this.
    So sad D:
    I think you should leave it to them.
    You should visit your dad sometimes so he doesn't feel so lonely.
    Just hope and everything would go back to normal. :)

Years
  • I have a small problem, needing any advice would help.

There was a girl who used to go to my school but moved over the summer. I started talking to her after she moved, and I've been talking to her for about two and a half months so far. It turns out that about a month ago I started developing feelings for her and she has done the same, for reasons that are a little personal and go far beyond a lot. We haven't started dating for the sheer fact that I have not seen her since then. Basically, this isn't anything that I've ever experienced. I'm also not going very deep into this, but this isn't little teenage lust that people my age goes through, I know more than enough about that (I've been through it quite a lot) and I know that this is something different and something I cannot and will not give up on.

The problem is that I want to see her, but she lives about 50 miles away from my house. I've thought of multiple scenarios of how we could meet. First of all, I'm going to be turning 17 in a couple of months. That is when I will be getting my license and all the perks of this, including traveling out of state (she lives out of state). I even have a car ready, but the upkeep and insurance would force me to get a job, which I wouldn't have a problem with (I've had jobs before), the problem is that between the job and balancing my schoolwork, it would be hard or nearly impossible to work on school days, which means I would have to work weekends, which I wouldn't be able to do if I wanted to see her.

I've talked to my mom about all of this, and she would be glad to take me to her, the problem is I do not want to be a burden on my mom, as stuff like this can't get extensive.

I know I've posted other things like this on here without a response from anyone in the community, but anyone who could please help me out with this or give me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    True love knows no bounds. I went over a hundred miles to see my ex. If you really want to pursue something serious, you'll be able to work out times to see her. You get a job, pay for insurance. You can work weekends and all that, then when you want to go see her, request a vacation day. Or, you can plan a trip with your mom, chip in on gas etc.

There is a lot you could do to make this work. There is a lot you could do to see her. If you really want to pursue something, you would work to see her. Long distance is tough, but if you really try, I think that it works.

Years
  • True love knows no bounds. I went over a hundred miles to see my ex. If you really want to pursue something serious, you'll be able to work out times to see her. You get a job, pay for insurance. You can work weekends and all that, then when you want to go see her, request a vacation day. Or, you can plan a trip with your mom, chip in on gas etc.

There is a lot you could do to make this work. There is a lot you could do to see her. If you really want to pursue something, you would work to see her. Long distance is tough, but if you really try, I think that it works.
    Thank you so much.
    I would do ANYTHING for her, she really is someone that I want to be with. She means too much too me. I will consider all of these, I definitely want to get a job for sure and all of that, and hopefully everything will work.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Also, if she is really is into it, she should be patient. Don't let her down you because you can't always make the effort to see her. It takes two to make a relationship, and then maybe there will(READ: should) be times she could come see you.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I have a small problem, needing any advice would help.

There was a girl who used to go to my school but moved over the summer. I started talking to her after she moved, and I've been talking to her for about two and a half months so far. It turns out that about a month ago I started developing feelings for her and she has done the same, for reasons that are a little personal and go far beyond a lot. We haven't started dating for the sheer fact that I have not seen her since then. Basically, this isn't anything that I've ever experienced. I'm also not going very deep into this, but this isn't little teenage lust that people my age goes through, I know more than enough about that (I've been through it quite a lot) and I know that this is something different and something I cannot and will not give up on.

The problem is that I want to see her, but she lives about 50 miles away from my house. I've thought of multiple scenarios of how we could meet. First of all, I'm going to be turning 17 in a couple of months. That is when I will be getting my license and all the perks of this, including traveling out of state (she lives out of state). I even have a car ready, but the upkeep and insurance would force me to get a job, which I wouldn't have a problem with (I've had jobs before), the problem is that between the job and balancing my schoolwork, it would be hard or nearly impossible to work on school days, which means I would have to work weekends, which I wouldn't be able to do if I wanted to see her.

I've talked to my mom about all of this, and she would be glad to take me to her, the problem is I do not want to be a burden on my mom, as stuff like this can't get extensive.

I know I've posted other things like this on here without a response from anyone in the community, but anyone who could please help me out with this or give me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here's what I think. Get your license, get the job. Your boss will understand that you have personal matters to attend to and every so often you can book a day off from work. During that day off, obviously, go see your girl. It might not be as often as you had hoped, but it's far better than never seeing her.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    @Dragovian98:
    "My mum told me that "he's just messing with my head""
    Make sure you don't take sides here. One thing that parents naturally seem to do during a split is try and make their kids 'choose sides' you've just got to stay neutral and try and support them both as best as you can. Or if that's too problematic, just stay out of it and let them do their thing. You might be their son, but this is still an issue they need to resolve themselves. If they do end up splitting for good, then it's going to be hard, but in the end it will be for the best.
    Just because he's leaving doesn't mean you can't see him, you just spend some days/weeks with your mum and then some with your dad.

@kidpunk: if your girl helps out it shouldn't be too hard; one thing I would say is though, try and talk to her about it and see if she will chip in some cash and time as well. This isn't just a trip to the movies, so forget about chivalry. Make sure she is as devoted as you are.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Kidpunk.. couldn't you take a part-time job to save a bit of cash and then just rent a car for a week or weekend? .__. That is.. if you didn't need nor want a car for your day-to-day lifely purposes. Renting one is a good option for going to go see her for a few days every once in a while.

Also I dont know if you live in a major state.. but a greyhound bus may be an option as well..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back