• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Name Rater

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I like it! It reminds me of "Edgar Allan Grow," the unofficial nickname of a Bulbasaur that my sister once had! 9/10

How does Jukain sound as a nickname for Sceptile? It's basically Sceptile's original Japanese name, which I thought sounded pretty cool!

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Laura, I like it. 7/10

My Lucario is named Goku!
final.jpg

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Kamehameha/10 :D I love Lucario, I love Goku, the name fits--I think it's great! (That avatar by the way!)

In a nuzlocke I did once, the name randomizer named my Donphan Egbert, which I find to be somewhat fitting...

Hahaha, Egbert... I love it. xD

I called my Aegislash in my first X playthrough Swordguard, for there's a blade in Diablo II by that name and I thought it fitting, seeing as how Aegislash doubles as a sword and a shield. :D

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Wow! That's one of the best nicknames I've seen for Aegislash. 10/10!

How 'bout Bellatrix for Pikachu Belle? I wanted one in my signature but I could only find Pikachu... :(

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
8/10, because it instantly makes me think of Harry Potter. :D

I've got a shiny Pinsir called Worthington because Pinsir's shiny colouration makes it look like the character of Johnny Worthington from Monsters University.

latest
shiny_pinsir_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d6th6su.png

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Not that I've ever heard of Monster University, but that resemblance is perfect! 10/10

What do you say about Lance's nickname? It's a Dragonite.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Well... I see sol, which means sun, don't know about the second part though. It sounds cute: 8/10

On my Emerald, I have a Rayquaza named Guardian. (And before you're asking: no, it's not named after Sven. It got it's name even before Sven got that username change.)

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Ha! Jeff is my favourite default name, along with Kenneth, which I often name something I can't think of a good name for or don't like. 10/10

My AlphaSapphire Alakazam is called Jafar, after the sorcerer from Aladdin.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
This one made me laugh. It's nice and it fits it well. 9/10

Whenever I'm not using bad puns for a nickname theme, I like to use references. My Snorlax is named Eric, which is referencing both Eric Cartman from South Park, and the stereotype that all AmERICans are fat and lazy.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
I was looking at lutra for an Oshawott but decided it wouldn't work once it evolved into Samurott as it's not an otter, but coming up with a name similar yet independent of the source word is a good way around that. 9/10. Lucas would also work for Lucario. You can have that one for free. ;)

Every Azurill I get, I name Tutter, after the little blue mouse character from Bear in the Big Blue House.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
10/10 thanks for reminding me of the mouse's name XD

I once accidentally dex nav chained a shiny Vulpix and I looked up what shiny Nonetails looked like to help decide on a name. It appeared to look whiteish, a little light gray, with blue tail tips, and since she was golden colored right then, I figured the name Sunny was both beautiful and fitting for her. ...Then she evolved and was extremely dark gray with purple tail tips, so I suppose a normal colored Vulpix/Ninetails would be more fitting for her name. ^^;

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Considering that its Hidden Ability is Drought, I agree that it's a very fitting name. 10/10

Back with another double pun, I have Sandra the Flygon. What other name is more fitting for the original sand dragon?

Back