• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Zircle:
    Both of the render's are very static. You usually want a dynamic render (Which means there's action going on)
    You also want to have flow in your signatures. both of them have neither. Colors don't work very good either.
    Sorry if this kinda sounds harsh but 4/10

Its awfully plain I know.
    But I still feel need it to be rated >:

Years
    • Seen today
    @Chibi Robo
    Right away I think this tag would have been nicer either longer with more effects to thr right hand side to fill the space or, smaller in height and longer in width so that it's shaped less like a rectangle, regardless, simplicity does well here, thing is, it;'s a very active stock you could have done so much more with the flow created. The background works nicely though you could have done with more in the foreground.
    You've lightened this tag really well and it compliments the overall texture, as the tag stands however, it looks somewhat half finished, the whole right hand side of the tag is bare. Text is nice, I'm thinking a clipping mask would do wonders for it though as well as the flow continuing behind it.
    For what you've got you deserve a 7/10 but it'd be higher if you filled out the tag and worked on some of the above and blended it all nicely. Border isn't a necessity either.
    Good work. I'm gonna shoot this one up for some C & C (current signature).

Nanaboo

left my heart on thedancefloor
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    @ Abnegation: The render is really good quality, but I think it needs some more effects, like brushes and maybe text rather than just a C4D. I like it though, it looks so sleek and cool. 9.5/10

My current signature, just made this last night and I haven't done graphics in a long time, but I think it turned out pretty nicely.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'm not much of a rater, but I guess I'll give it a go.
    @Nanaboo: First of all, I think that it's a simple but nice tag. I don't like the render too much and I think it could've used more depth and lighting. I like the text in the background and the brushes. I think it deserves a 7.5/10.

My shot:

Did it 10 minutes ago. I think it turned out alright.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    I like it, good background, maybe too much flying around. The only thing that bothers me is the bar code. 8/10

Did this with help from someone at PE2K. First banner since coming back at graphics.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Hoen
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    Rating to "CoLIN"'s banner of Houndoom:
    Rating: 7.9/10

I think it's good and I like the background but the text is not only hard to read (only because it is small), but the font seems kind of odd with the graphic. The (if that is) smudging effect or whatever effect that may be, under Geodude's arm in front of his face seems to be oddly place with the rest of the background. Still, great job, nonetheless.\

This is kind of an old pic I did, late last year, probably in the end of November:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • @Kanto
    6.5/10

Not the rater kind of person but anyway:
    The banner is a bit bright especially around the edges of the render. Also having a background a bit darker will make then render and text stand out better

This is one of the first of many sig (Made it this morning) since I'm coming back to Photoshop - GIMP just totally changed my aspect of PSing

The render just went wrong on this one...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • @Kanto
    6.5/10

Not the rater kind of person but anyway:
    The banner is a bit bright especially around the edges of the render. Also having a background a bit darker will make then render and text stand out better

This is one of the first of many sig (Made it this morning) since I'm coming back to Photoshop - GIMP just totally changed my aspect of PSing

The render just went wrong on this one...
    It's a good signature imo, but I believe it's got too many C4D's for my tasting, and the stereo systems don't really match the whole Espeon theme. I'd give it a 5/10.

Rate mine please.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years

• 8/10
    even though it's prolly supposed to be like that, the person sticking out of the motorcycle looks sorta awkard o;
    idk, something about the foreground is off for me
    but overall, it still looks great

this is my 2nd tag with C4Ds, so it's not that good
    i feel like it's empty or something's missing.. idk
    but rate, criticize, and advise please ^-^

Little Brother

Little Brother...Big Heart <3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    @Hiphiphippo:
    I like it, I'm familiar with that show and it fits Nyu very well. I think what's missing is either some kind of text or maybe another shot of her or another character in a body shot. Try maybe using a bit more then just pink though.

Ok..Um, these aren't amazing from what I've seen of other people from other places, but I gave it a shot, hopefully they aren't too big. One's realistic, and the other is Cel Shaded. They're pretty simple. Made in Maya 2010. :]

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    ^I really like the realistic one :3 The cell shaded one doesn't really fit with the backround, kinda out of place.

1st// 9.5
    2nd// 7

Spoiler:

PureGoober

Minecrafter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2014
    ^I really like the realistic one :3 The cell shaded one doesn't really fit with the backround, kinda out of place.

1st// 9.5
    2nd// 7

Spoiler:

I like them alot.
    They seem to pop out at you.
    The designs are great.
    Very semetrical.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • You designs are a bit plain - I suggest you start using more advanced effects such as C4D's, smudging and so on. Search some tutorials on deviantART and you can learn more about how to use and implement these techniques. I do like the way you placed the font; and the way you made it a bubbly style.

I haven't made any signatures for a while - probably about six months now, but I decided to start again today. Why don't you guys tell me where to improve; and be as harsh as possible so I can improve.

Little Brother

Little Brother...Big Heart <3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    ^Looks good, Imo, it needs a bit more in the white area. I say don't be afraid to use all the canvas in photoshop. Just don't go and over fill it ;P. Also, sometimes mixing warm and cool tones is a good thing. Tis all about the blend.

8/10

Spoiler:

Made this as a wallpaper for RvB fans, I feel proud of it, but I'm always up for improvement. ^ ^ Feel free to lemme know.

If you wanna download the full resolution for it, you can get it here.
    https://kiyoshinobuyuki.deviantart.com/#/d2qldg4

JokesterJesee

JokesterJesse*
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    ^Looks good, Imo, it needs a bit more in the white area. I say don't be afraid to use all the canvas in photoshop. Just don't go and over fill it ;P. Also, sometimes mixing warm and cool tones is a good thing. Tis all about the blend.

8/10

Made this as a wallpaper for RvB fans, I feel proud of it, but I'm always up for improvement. ^ ^ Feel free to lemme know.

If you wanna download the full resolution for it, you can get it here.

This looks well alright. the background is nice, but than it looks somewhat like you just the halo people there with no editing done. Thatas my opinion.

it looks nice overall.

Can i get some comments on my sig haha.

~JKJesse~

R a c h e l

Formerly Sapphiress
    Years
  • JokesterJesee - I like your sig, the colours are quite shocking but contrast really well. I think the background could use a liitle more work as it just looks like a purple background with a couple of C4Ds on top, but I do like it overall =]

Made this banner for a livejournal, it's designed to have a little block of black text over the right hand side where the shell is which is why it looks so so empty.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    ^ I definitely think that would be a lot better without Princess Peach. xD; Or with a different PNG. The style is amazing, but it just doesn't mesh with your focal- not that it's really a focal since it's an LJ banner, but regardless. I think the outerglow or... whatever it is you ahve on the shell could be a bit smooth on the edges, as it kind of looks like you messed with the colors too much and made what was soft edges into hard ones.

Minus Peach, I'd really like this. =u=
    But alas, it's got stylistic issues, so I'm not sure I'm a fan. It's probably my personal opinion though. <3

@Serene Grace: YES ILU THAT IS AMAZING. Samurai Champloo tags always seem to kick butt. I really like this- particularly the empty positive space, which I definitely don't think you should fill. =u= I think if you put the stroke on the text in the background to 'inside' rather than 'outside' the text would look even better. Cleaner with sharper edges. It'd also be nice to have something in the foreground, but I think it looks quite fine the way it is, so these are just nitpicky things. If I were still as into SC as I was awhile back, I'd totally be on my hands and knees begging you to let me use it. eue;

Rocout

TINA FEY!
    Years
  • ^ For a first, that's pretty nice. Very simple and clean. Though this is your first, I advice that you read tutorials to get more knowledge on creating a tag with flow, color variety, lighting and all that. Keep it up. 8/10 for a first! :)

@ Serene Grace: Very nice. You need work on effects though. A part of the clipping mask of the splatter is really bright to the point that its painful to look at. The text background isn't really cutting it for me either, and it looks really plain. The C4D on the focal's puffed sleeve (lol) looks out of place. However, I like that you keep the tag sharp and I love the lighting between background and foreground. Focal placement is top-notch too. 7/10 at best. :)

New tag, C+CC please. I heart Lucario. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    First off, the lighting takes away from the focal tenfold. When I look at this tag I don't see it centred around Lucario, I see a big ball of light hit me smack between the eyes. Tone it down a bit. Again with lighting though, you have too many light sources, all these spot lights everywhere aren't doing the tag any great favours. The tag is also lacking depth too, no blurring or smudging can do that though, you should blend your render with the background more. The text is a little pointless too, but I think it might be a little better in colour. When you're making B&W tags depth depth depth are completely necessary, you're just lacking that here. Slight monotone too, not enough contrast really, that can be sorted with depth as well as using a contrast layer if you're lazy like I can be. In any case, not too bad but not too good either, room for improvement, just have a look at my comments and implement them into your future work. Good attempt though, keep at it.

My gallery is lacking comments so I'm gonna shoot this one out here for some C&C.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back