• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Croconaw Hunter (Starring Pete Merwin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Hi there! Here is where I'll be posting editions of my new comic, "The Croconaw Hunter". For those (kind) few of you who have viewed my comic in the HotS, this is where the continuation will be. If you want to see the pilot (sprite version of the) comic, you can view it here. Keep in mind however that this is NOT going to be a sprite comic. I have decided that (my) sprites are the devil :badsmile: because I can't seem to bring out my full creativity with them (and they take so freakin' long! >_<). I figure if I'm going to take a long time making something, I might as well put more effort and detail into it. :P

Any comments?

Pete Merwin:

Pokemon expert extraordinaire and reptile enthusiast, Pete is a rather boisterous fellow, often popping out of places in the most unexpected (and sometimes uninvited) ways. He has a keen eye for spotting pokemon, that is, until he has one in his sights already. When he finds a good one to talk about, he will often become oblivious to everything else around him - a trait that often brings him trouble. But as he says, he loves the danger and excitement of the Pokemon kingdom as much as the art and beauty, so he wouldn't quit this business for anything. Together with his "faithful" companions Dingo [Not shown] and Bongo, he has made it his mission to educate the world about Pokemon.

Bongo the Croconaw:

Bongo is the first pokemon that Pete ever caught. He's been with him for quite a few years now, and is actually over forty years old. The Totodilians have long lifespans, and he figures that - coupled with Pete's often reckless behavior - will ultimately result in his outliving his master by a good margin. Despite his age, he is unfortunately rather poor in battles, as Pete rarely took the time to train him while growing up. Nevertheless, when Pete has the presence of mind to let him out of his Pokeball, Bongo can be a force to be reckoned with - especially when Pete's the one doing the reckoning.

Dingo the Growlithe:

Dingo is a lot younger than either Pete or Bongo, but what he lacks in age and experience he makes up for in... er... stupidity and hperactivity. ^^; He gets excited very easily, and has a tendency to go rushing off into the heat of things without thinking - not a surprising trait, since, as Bongo puts it, "thinking is a foreign concept to that mutt." But he's a very sweet-natured Pokemon, and Pete adores him. Despite the fact that Bongo would never readily admit it, he does like the idea of having Dingo along. If nothing else, Dingo is a prime candidate for taking his place in sticky situations. Dingo is a faithful and loyal companion, and is a surprisingly skilled battle Pokemon.

Title Page:

And there we are. Feel free to leave comments/criticisms here. I have a feeling I'll be updating my first post for each new comic anyway. That'll make it more organized. :P Later guys!

Draft Cover Page
    New (Current) Cover Page
    Original Sprite Comic that Started it all!

Comic 1: Meet the Cast
    Comic 2: Meet the Cast - Part 2

Last edited:

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Okay, I'll move it back, since you said that it's not a sprite. =3

*MOVED*

It's very cute, btw. n__n

Satrijou

Bubble wrap
    Years
    Shuko said:
    Hi there! Here is where I'll be posting editions of my new comic, "The Croconaw Hunter". For those (kind) few of you who have viewed my comic in the HotS, this is where the continuation will be. If you want to see the pilot (sprite version of the) comic, you can view it here. Keep in mind however that this is NOT going to be a sprite comic. I have decided that (my) sprites are the devil :badsmile: because I can't seem to bring out my full creativity with them (and they take so freakin' long! >_<). I figure if I'm going to take a long time making something, I might as well put more effort and detail into it. :P

So far, the title page and a couple character pics are all I have of the new format. But the art is what you can expect in the comic itself. Any comments?

Pete Merwin:

Pokemon expert extraordinaire and reptile enthusiast, Pete is a rather boisterous fellow, often popping out of places in the most unexpected (and sometimes uninvited) ways. He has a keen eye for spotting pokemon, that is, until he has one in his sights already. When he finds a good one to talk about, he will often become oblivious to everything else around him - a trait that often brings him trouble. But as he says, he loves the danger and excitement of the Pokemon kingdom as much as the art and beauty, so he wouldn't quit this business for anything. Together with his "faithful" companions Dingo [Not shown] and Bongo, he has made it his mission to educate the world about Pokemon.

Bongo the Croconaw:

Bongo is the first pokemon that Pete ever caught. He's been with him for quite a few years now, and is actually over forty years old. The Totodilians have long lifespans, and he figures that - coupled with Pete's often reckless behavior - will ultimately result in his outliving his master by a good margin. Despite his age, he is unfortunately rather poor in battles, as Pete rarely took the time to train him while growing up. Nevertheless, when Pete has the presence of mind to let him out of his Pokeball, Bongo can be a force to be reckoned with - especially when Pete's the one doing the reckoning.

Title Page:

And there we are. As soon as I get the first (non-sprite) comic done, I'll post it here. Feel free to leave comments/criticisms here too. I have a feeling I'll be updating my first post for each one anyway. That'll make it more organized. :P Later guys!

aww...Cute drawings they looks awesome!! good luck with your comic by the way ^ ^

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I'm looking forward to it. We never see many hand drawn comics :D.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Comic 1 is finished!

Hello everyone! The first issue of the comic is ready! Originally, I'd intended it to be about twice as long as this, but I realized that it'll make things a lot easier if I split it up. So go ahead and read it and tell me what you think! ^_^ This one's not meant to be funny so much as an introduction to characters, but go ahead and critique me on whatever you think needs improvement. I'm all ears! ... er... eyes, lol.

Comic 1: Introductions

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Wow really good can't rate it yet since it was the first one. But i'll make sure to keep my eye on this thread :D.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Thanks for all your kind words, everybody! *^_^* I promise that the next one will actually be funny. I didn't really think this one would be well-received, since the humor is lacking. But maybe I caught everyone on a good day, lol!

Edit: I added a character bio up there for Dingo, if any of you would care to see it. ^_~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back