• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v12

Days
  • 242 964

The games which I play have either few seconds of loading time, or in best case; they load immediately after starting !

The only long wait which I need to do is to wait for the entire booting process of this old laptop, which I got after the demise of my PC. It loads lots of boot-up logs (as fast-boot is disabled in this system) before getting started up. The step where integrity of hard drive is verified takes enough time that I can go and drink couple of glass of water. But the fun thing is that I mostly open up this Laptop when I come after the bath, so I just press the power button, and then go for wearing dress, combing, drinking few gulps of water and a bit of muscle stretching before sitting on the chair !!
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    242 969

I just find it disappointing because that game was one of those I really wanted to play back in the day. Afaik, it's one of those that didn't originally appear on the Switch. They only got there long after as a kind of afterthought.

It's funny how originally Indie titles were usually PC games, but with controllers. Of course, that's now changed. Though, from what I've heart Nintendo has a very weird update policy which drives Indie developers crazy. There's like a whole process behind pushing an update which is one of the reasons why it takes longer for updates to these games to be available on the Switch version of a game.

Days
  • 242 970

And that's why I feel that gaming consoles are thing of the past, and nowadays decent enough smartphones have better specification to handle high FPS(frame rate). Even my phone also supports 120Hz display. And if we turn towards PCs and Laptops, then specs are/can be as good as that we can edit videos, image, process codes simultaneously. Sony's plug & play like idea is also good.

The reason that I don't have any consoles is this very fact. The first thing is that I need to import the Switch if I want to use, so it will cost some additional amount. And then the second fact is that the cost of Switch console is so much high that in that much amount I can get a good Phone or upgrade my Desktop with additional RAM, or SSD. Hence naturally, I am forced to lean towards the later case, as investing money in PC/laptop or mobile will offer me more use cases, than gaming only on the consoles. My Samsung's Smartphone costs 350 dollars, which is same as Switch's OLED version, and I am getting pretty much everything else, apart from running switch games.

Due to currency system difference, 350 dollars is quite expensive for us, and due to which we need to think before spending this much amount. Nintendo need to spread their markets and productions if they wish to expand themselves. As of now, Nintendo offers its services only in following places :

The Count To Infinity - v12

And hence for any audience whose country don't fall in this list must think wisely before ordering the stuffs. At least the good thing is that smartphones and laptops are manufactured locally here. All of Samsung's product, except high-end Ultra series are made here, and same is the case for other mobile brands. Few years ago, Dell, HP and Apple also set-up their plants here, so naturally I am more leaned towards these rigs, rather than Nintendo's devices and games.

Liking Pokemon GO is due to crux of the explanations, as the company's pricing for their events are competitive and fair w.r.t. local consumers, rather than the unified price. I usually discuss these price-things with my friend who resides in UK, and in those talks the difference in pricing is clearly understood !

Days
  • 240 976

I also don't like to do secondary tasks and other boring things like completing Pokedex, breeding Pokémon, finding shiny, etc.

Finishing main story and completing with my own strategy feels nice to me. And not finishing the things offers me a chance that I can again play the game with different ideas (Pokémon) which I had not used in the first run.

I always wonder why people like doing out Pokedex completely, as sole purpose of it in games is to let us know where we can find Pokémon, and for that catching all Pokémon is not needed.....

This useless grinding is so much worse in the Pokemon game which I play. People tend to collect all shiny, perfect IVs, XXL sizes, doing all the raids, etc. And are hyped for shiny of Pokémon more than what the initial moveset which they be receiving. And when they are done with it, then they say that game is stale and the company is not working properly. Rather it's the FOMO and useless grinding done by the people that made the situation stale for them.

Days
  • 242 978 looks like a 2 ran away!

Unless i really like a game i don't bother with 100% i do finish the campaign unless i get stuck

240 977

I never understood the appeal of achievements in games. For me they only break immersion whenever they plop up.
    Achievements give me a excuse to replay a good game. Like doing a no upgrades run or replaying a level under time limit.

Back