• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Text Editor

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Uhm..we buy 'em? XD
    I use Dreamweaver and that's the only WYSIWYG editor I know ^^"

Well if you only need it for the design, you can use the trial for 30 days free.
    That should be enough to set it up.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    there are a few low end ones out there.. a quick google search should bring up 100's

there's alway the terrible front page

..and then there's the hard core, write your own html, straight text based editors.. html-kit amoung others.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I was thinking more on the lines of Start - Program Files - Accessories - Notepad... in other words, notepad... but I suppose if you really need web editing you could always use Dreamweaver... *looks at price tag*... or freeware or something.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I'm a notepad-monger. It works great for me, and it lets you learn code better. You really have to get to know things because they're not color-coded and stuff.

But I guess that's just my opinion. If you have CPanel, there's a WYSIWIG editor built it =3

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    For WYSIWYG editors, there's always Netscape Composer or Mozilla Composer. But the problem with them is that they butcher the code...terribly... x.x
    I'll always say it- it's next to impossible to make a good site without knowing HTML. Personally, I use HTML Kit. Notepad is a good basic text editor, but I just find HTML-Kit's colored tags more convenient when I need to search through a huge HTML or PHP document and edit a certain code.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    That's always a good option ;)
    HTML Kit has a lot of other features too, plus you can add more with plugins.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    Almost reminds me of firefox xD

I downloaded it and everything, but all my HTML files are saved as .txt for notepad v.v;; no colors! ;-; I'll have to get used to saving them as .hml Seems pretty great so far, though I haven't used it enough to actually be able to suggest it to someone.

Back