• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spot-the-difference (Pokemon Trivia)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    So I've gathered and edited 13 Pokemon-related images to last for the duration of the event!

These are the images I'll be using. There will be seven differences in each, with varying difficulty, and I'm thinking of adding an eighth optional difference that's harder to spot, like a Pokemon hiding in the background?
    Spoiler:

puzzle 1 goes from 24th - 26th
    puzzle 2 goes from 25th - 27th
    puzzle 3 goes from 26th - 28th
    puzzle 4 goes from 27th - 29th
    puzzle 5 goes from 28th - 30th
    puzzle 6 goes from 29th - 31st
    puzzle 7 goes from 30th - 1st
    puzzle 8 goes from 31st - 2nd
    puzzle 9 goes from 1st - 3rd
    puzzle 10 goes from 2nd - 4th
    puzzle 11 goes from 3rd - 5th
    puzzle 12 goes from 4th - 6th
    puzzle 13 goes from 5th - 7th

CSS is pending!

Any ideas on points? I remember Juno gave out the most points to whichever team guesses the puzzle correctly first, but I'm not sure how things will work out this time round with points being distributed differently!

All feedback is welcome! :D

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    These are the images I'll be using. There will be seven differences in each, with varying difficulty, and I'm thinking of adding an eighth optional difference that's harder to spot, like a Pokemon hiding in the background?
    Spoiler:
    Some of those pics are fan art, do you have permission to use them in this event?

Hyzenthlay

Years
    Some of those pics are fan art, do you have permission to use them in this event?

No I haven't contacted the artists directly (I unfortunately couldn't find a way to contact them that didn't involve social media), but when searching I noticed these images were shared/reblogged quite a bit so I figured it was okay as long as I credit and link to the artist!

Image 1 is by TamarinFrog https://www.deviantart.com/tamarinfrog/art/PKMN-Crossing-Population-Evolving-313992447

Image 5 by Ben Eusebi https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/fnil4z/in_honor_of_the_new_animal_crossing_heres_my_take/

Image 6 is by Petey Pariah https://twitter.com/Petey_Pariah?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Image 7 by Louise Leung https://www.artstation.com/potentialforart/profile

I can't find the original artist for the poker one so may have to replace that...

I will have to ask Juno how she handled it in a previous GT when she was host. ^^

Years
    Nice, I was looking forward this event to make a comeback. I would rather see only official art, to avoid any problems. As GP said, 10-20 points should be optimal.

Hyzenthlay

Years
    Nice, I was looking forward this event to make a comeback. I would rather see only official art, to avoid any problems. As GP said, 10-20 points should be optimal.

That's okay, I can replace those ones with official Pokémon art, then! I'll try to get that done today.

Hyzenthlay

Years
    I edited the main post to reflect the image changes!

I'd say do 10-20 pints per puzzle for anyone who finds every difference.

What about for finding the bonus eighth (optional) difference, as well? Should it be 10 for finding all seven, 20 for finding eight? (I'll try to make it as hidden as possible!)

Hyzenthlay

Years
    Introduction
    Welcome to the Get-Together's spot-the-difference event! In this game, players must find seven differences between two otherwise identical images to win points for their team. Read on for further information!

Rules
    There is a total of 13 puzzles. One puzzle will be uploaded every day for the duration of the Get-Together and will remain open for two days before the answers are revealed—around 12:00 a.m. AWST. You can find more details in the column below!

Each puzzle contains seven differences for you to find.

Finding all seven differences will earn you 10 points for every puzzle.

In addition, a Kecleon will be carefully hidden in every puzzle as an optional bonus! Finding it will earn you an extra 10 points!

Please PM me your answers! Otherwise, discussion and feedback is welcome in this thread.

Mark the differences using Paint or a similar program before sending them to me (though you may describe them as an alternative!).

That's it, happy spotting!

• Puzzle 1: 24th - 26th
    • Puzzle 2: 25th - 27th
    • Puzzle 3: 26th - 28th
    • Puzzle 4: 27th - 29th
    • Puzzle 5: 28th - 30th
    • Puzzle 6: 29th - 31st
    • Puzzle 7: 30th - 1st
    • Puzzle 8: 31st - 2nd
    • Puzzle 9: 1st - 3rd
    • Puzzle 10: 2nd - 4th
    • Puzzle 11: 3rd - 5th