• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speedo_nh's Sprite Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
    Hey guys, these are some sprites i made. Adore them or criticize them, but plz, no flaming....

My Main Hero

Hero OWs

Random OWs (all made in ruby except the "ash" on the end, which was made in FR)

This is a gymleader i made (i don't really like him :P )

This is another gymleader

This is a new sprite i made, it is a team rocket masquerade guy

An Emo! (Zi212 has permission to use this)

Another guy i made

A variation of the hero from Gold (KebaSun has permission to use this)

"Bionic Woman" (-Blade- has permission to use this)

"Bionic Woman" OWs (-Blade- has permission to use this)

Speedo_nh's Sprite ShowcaseSpeedo_nh's Sprite Showcase
    "Tropican" Front and Back

"StormBeet" an evo of heracross. The pose is the same i know, but just ignore that :P

Brand New! "Dolphoil" (my first scratch X3)

Well that's all i got for my first two months of spriting, but hopefully i will have more soon! So go ahead and C&C!

Thanks for looking!
    Speedo_nh

Last edited:

Sephiroth 2346

Formerly Sammyboy2346.
    Years
    They're all good, but the main hero and the hero OWs could use fixing. The hero looks like he has a double chin and no mouth, and the OW facing forward's hair seems to get shorter when he walks forward...
    Keep up the good work though!

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    First of all, you never really want to sprite your outlines in all black. Especially when you're working with Pokemon sprites. Your outlines are also too choppy for the majority. They just don't have that smooth look to them, which is contributed to by using only black. Your shading could use some work as well. In some areas the shading doesn't seem to be consistent with one light source. Try imagining a small sun in the upper left-hand corner of your sprite, then shade accordingly to how the light would hit the sprite. You've got some potential to be a quality spriter though, so keep working at it. XD

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
    Woah! I almost forgot about this thread! 0.0;
    Anyways:

@Megafuz, thanks for the tips, i'm always getting told about my poor shading! XP thanks for the comment!

@Namine, Wow! What encouragement! Thanks very much! :)

I have not produced much work lately, i have had sooo much other stuff going on, i never had a chance. But! Summer's coming soon so expect to see more work then! ;)

pokefiend07

Snorlax Lover
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2007
    You got some talent, I like them there cool can you make your own pokmon sprites instead of joining them? Can't wait to see more :)

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
    @pokefiend: Thanks for your praise! BTW the dolphin i made- dolphoil- is a scratch, which basically means it wasn't made by joining anything, i was made from nothing, but i will do some more scratches if you like......when i finally find the time to sprite again! XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    the shading is good but the team rocket masquerade guy mask is a little off and the outline on the fakemon are a little too dark, but like the creativity though

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back