• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So in the "Area" part of the pokedex

Dark Heaven

Brighter than dawning blue.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    I suppose red is for Pokemon that can be found on tall grass, blue can be found on water/pool/ocean or fishing.

Don't quote me on that though, I am not sure.

Edit: Wait...that's not it.

Most blue Pokemon are found on grass.

Perhaps red = very rare Pokemon? Because Feebas is on red route...located inside Mt.Coronet.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    From what I've gathered, the blue routes are for Pokémon found in the wild grass and the red routes are for Pokémon found via alternate methods, IE. the honey trees, fishing or safari zone.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Alright I'm going to try finding Heracross (Who I have no idea how to get.)

He's got red routes. I'll report back with results.
    Heracross can be found in the honey trees, but rarely. Which adds weight to my theory on the red and blue routes.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Given that my game seems to denote an Eevee from the mansion backyard to be rare there, I would believe that it denotes rarity, not means of catching. It was like this in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, so I don't believe it'd change here.
    Wumple, Burmy and Combee are all common and Chansey and Hippopotas are pretty rare. Yet, the former have red routes, as they're all catchable through the honey trees, and the latter have blue routes, and they're both catchable the normal way.

Back