• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shall I Pursue?

praetoritevong

Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster
    Years
    SHALL I PURSUE?

Shall I pursue that which I have not found;
    That which, once had, can never be forgot?
    No power nor time can block out the sound
    Or scent or thought of love forever got.

Yet in my heart still I do need to ask:
    Would love, when it does alteration find,
    Keep thine restorative it blessed bask;
    Not twisted poison altered in one?s mind?

Then is love not love which can so be wrought-
    A constant force to which we do pertain?
    Such that never can be bought; only sought?
    Why then, my dreams can I fulfil again.

If ere an answer to these thoughts be ?nay?,
    Then with me on my grave-bed have this lay.

As some may recognise, this is in the form of a Shakespearean (otherwise known as the English Sonnet) Sonnet, which I just felt like writing. The more observant of you will also notice the Iambic Pentameter; that is, there are ten syllables to every single line of the poem. The structure stays true to Shakespearean Sonnets too. This ain't the best poem ever, but hey, try writing and rhyming and sticking to something like this in IP... it's dead annoying. Anyways, hope ya liked it!

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2005
    WOW!!! :D
    That is soooooo cool!!! :classic:
    Keep up the good work!!! :laugh:

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
    I must say, this is a beautiful poem. Rhyming generally does not appear appetizing to my tastes, but I very much like the constance of your style. For once, I only have on correction that would make more literary sense. However, it would indeed break the flow, though sounding better. In the verse Or scent or thought of love forever got, it would keep to the Shakespearean mood to replace "got" with "gotten" or perhaps you are trying to express "forgot". I am unsure of what you are really trying to demonstrate through this sonnet. It is truly good, though moreover a diamond in the rough. Perhaps if you were to clean it up a bit... Mmm... Yes. Alas, forgive me if I imposed any offense.

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
    I'm very glad... Though, as I said, it is a rather good sonnet. I could never construct one... Heh ^^''' But alas, good work.

Back