• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SEGA or Nintendo?

Super Nintendo or Genesis?

• Super Nintendo!

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • SEGA Genesis!

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The 90's can bite me!

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

GoodlyMike

The Comedian
    Years
    Imagine your back in the 90's and you see two game consoles, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System and the rival console, the SEGA Genesis. Which one would you buy?

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Sega does what Nintendon't.
    But, no, I was an idort who ownded both back then. But I was more of a Nintendo fanyboy. It's a shame what's becoming of Nintendo. And Sega, they're still making some pretty pimpin games, but they seem to get overshadowered by those crappy new Sonic games.

GoodlyMike

The Comedian
    Years
    Yea, Sonic just became aweful after the kick ass Adventure Battle 2, its a shame. Nintendo just needs to branch out to more hardcore people

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Nintendo is what Genesisn't :p

I was in the 90s. I had a NES and SuperNES. My neighbour had an NES and a Genesis. A cottage we would rent had a Genesis in it too. I played the Genesis. I liked me some Nintendo.

JoltIce

Eeveelutions are FTW
    Years
    This is the hardest question of my life! I always was a big of the Sonic games, and a big fan of nearly all Nintendo's franchises. And that's the reason I chose Nintendo, because I like all it's games compared to one from SEEEGAAAA!!!!!!!

GoodlyMike

The Comedian
    Years
    I picked up the Genesis controller and I didn't like the gameplay. The sound is pretty bad compared to the sound of the SNES. It's weird now, because Nintendo is being beaten down by Microsoft (cool) and Sony (Which I depise with a burning passion). The sound on those systems are far more superior to that of Nintendo.

But thats my opinion, dont hurt me!

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I grew up with the Megadrive (Genesis to you over the pond) so I'm gonna go with that.
    But that generation is the only gen of gaming I can really say that I loved both sides equally.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I picked up the Genesis controller and I didn't like the gameplay. The sound is pretty bad compared to the sound of the SNES. It's weird now, because Nintendo is being beaten down by Microsoft (cool) and Sony (Which I depise with a burning passion). The sound on those systems are far more superior to that of Nintendo.

But thats my opinion, dont hurt me!
    Since last generation, we haven't been in a situation where sound really gets sacrificed between consoles.

Many developers on the 360 and PS3 choose to go with orchestrated music and many on the Wii choose to go with MIDI. But, there really isn't any reason or benefit to one method or the other on any console. All three support MIDI and orchestral.

The main difference, as far as I can tell, isn't that the 360 and PS3 support digital surround sound. The Wii supports surround sound as well, but it isn't digital. And the difference isn't too noticeable.

Years
    I owned both consoles around that time (and still do now, for that matter), so I never felt the need to pick which one was better. They are both pretty cool. =P

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I had both but the one I played the most was by far the Megadrive (genesis) This was simply because I loved sonic. I actually still have my megadrive somewhere. I feel like playing it now.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    -coughs- Nintendo all the way, Sonic's crap but Samba De Amigo isn't but still, NINTENDO rules.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    The SNES is my choice. Simply because my father owned an NES and an SNES before I was born and I grew up playing them. They've got some amazing game titles.

And I also never played the Genesis. So I know nothing of the console.

Years
    I grew up with the Megadrive (Genesis to you over the pond) so I'm gonna go with that.
    But that generation is the only gen of gaming I can really say that I loved both sides equally.
    ^This.

One of my first games for the mega drive was Mortal Kombat!
    I loved that game :D

Last edited:
    Back