• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

schedule proposal

Years
    assuming we're all on board with this, and assuming that we're planning on launching GT during mid-end summer at the very latest, here is my proposed schedule that i highly recommend we stick to if we want to get things done efficiently.

★ Phase 1: The Groundwork

☆ April 12th-26th, 2021​
    • this phase is where we come up with the general theme and background of the GT. i propose two weeks to hash things out, but i wouldn't be against one week. depends on how efficient we feel we can be and if we feel we can get things done in a timely manner.

★ Phase 2: Rewards, Lore

☆ April 27th - May 11th, 2021​
    • unsure if we need two weeks for this as well, but more as a "just in case" sorta thing. we can discuss rewards for GT (which honestly should be a coloured badge since we admins rarely issue those but thats imo), as well as coming up with any lore that's necessary. i imagine lore is going to be the most time consuming thing we have to come up with, so in thinking about this more, two weeks may be quite reasonable, here.

★ Phase 3: Miscellaneous Planning

☆ May 12th - May 19th, 2021​
    • any fun or quirky events that we think would be useful to throw into the GT would be discussed here. i don't imagine this would take more than a week at max, but i can be wrong, here! if we need to wrap up loose ends, it can be done during this phase, as well.

later phases would be opening up recruitment for EOs, setting up the EO forum, having event planning with the EOs, and then finally, the Get Together itself. i haven't listed any specific dates for these because we haven't really discussed when specifically we're planning for the GT to be, nor how long it should be. assuming we stick to 1-2 weeks between planning phases, we should be wrapping things up on the Management end by end of May or the first week of June at the absolute latest.

we can adjust times as necessary, here. o:

thoughts?

Last edited:
    Years

Phase 2 is something that can be very flexible because, we may not come up with a very lore-intensive theme so we'll see.

For the sake of clarity I'd like to add the following for after Phase 3, namely because of issues we had last GT with some last-minute hiccups.

★ Phase 4: Setting up Event Organisers

☆ May 19th - June 9th, 2021​
    • Recruitment of EOs, no longer than a week needed to round them up, I know places fill up pretty fast. I would then give 2 weeks after that to give the EOs enough time to comfortably put together their events, ask any questions and to catch any late EOs whilst giving them still a good window to be able to produce their event/s.

★ Phase 5: Streamlining, Finalising and Announcing GT

☆ June 9th - June 14th, 2021​
    • This is to basically check everything over, make sure we're not missing any points, go through last-minute queries and unresolved issues and make sure that everything in terms of graphics/lore/etc. is prepared to avoid any last-minute scrambles and people having to drop out and cause disarray. It's not the full week because this does go over a weekend and also starting the GT on a Wednesday to me feels weird <3.

Years
    I think something along those lines makes sense. We definitely don't want a huge gap between finishing planning and the GT starting or EOs will lose interest, so I think Aaron's addendum is smart.

Back