• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT (How original.. lol)

PsyDragon Trainer

PokéPro?
Years
  • Okay.. I don't like to show my team, but meh, let's get it rated, I don't battle that much anyways..

#1: Breloom. Aka: Muhammed A.

RMT (How original.. lol)

Evs: 252 Atk / 192 Spd / 64 HP
    Nature: Jolly (I know, Adamant might've been smarter..)
    Trait: Poison Heal
    Item: Toxic Orb
    Moveset:
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Spore
    Notes: This guy did a great job in my team, so now I'm trying him as my starter, we'll see how it works. Besides being my starter, it's my annoyer and status absorber.

#2: Swampert. Aka: Crusher.

RMT (How original.. lol)

Evs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 Sp.Atk
    Nature: Relaxed
    Trait: Torrent
    Item: Leftovers
    Moveset:
    - Earthquake
    - ice Beam
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar
    Notes: Great Physical Wall and Phazer. Period. Also sets up Stealth Rock.

#3: Gardevoir. Aka: Voir.

RMT (How original.. lol)

Evs: 252 HP / 48 SpA / 176 SpD / 32 Spe
    Nature: Modest
    Trait: Trace
    Moveset:
    - Psychic
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Focus Blast / Thunderbolt / HP [Fire]
    Notes: I used to run it differently, but thanks to a moveset I saw from Dark_Azelf, I turned mine to a WishPasser, let's hope it works. Also a quite good SpecialSponge.

#4: Salamence. Aka: Inazuma.

RMT (How original.. lol)

Evs: 120 HP / 136 speed / 252 Att
    Nature: Adamant
    Trait: Intimidate
    Moveset:
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Blast
    - Substitute
    Notes: This.Is.A.Beast. I created it myself, and it does SUCH a good job, it's my pride and joy, just like my other 'Mence, AiRes. Still, I'm not sure if to use this one or my CBer. Also.. Do NOT whine about this set not being good, I have experience with it, you probably not..

#5: Metagross. Aka: X-Factor.

RMT (How original.. lol)

Evs: 252 Atk + Spd / 4 HP.
    Trait: Clear Body
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Moveset:
    - Pursuit
    - Earthquake
    - Meteor Mash
    - Explosion
    Notes: Credits to Anti-Pop Culture Warrior14 (IIRC that's the name :P) for the set. I love it and it works. (Revenge Killer at the Max)

#6: Starmie. Aka: Lunarstar.

RMT (How original.. lol)

Evs: 120 Sp.Atk / 220 (or a bit more) Spd / 168 HP
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Moveset:
    - Surf
    - ThunderBolt
    - Recover
    - Rapid Spin
    Notes: My Shiny :). It has good IVs and I need a Rapid Spinner I guess..

Hmm, I just pulled some Pokés of mine together, and I got this.. For my feeling it's good balanced and stuff, and no big weaknesses, right?

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    #1: Breloom. Aka: Muhammed A.

RMT (How original.. lol)

Evs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
    Nature: Adamant Nature
    Trait: Poison Heal
    Item: Toxic Orb
    Moveset:
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Spore

Yeah this really wants Adamant, Jolly doesnt do much, make it Adamant and give it 212 evs. This spread allows for optimal recovery from Poison Heal and ensures he is faster than Adamant Tyranitar, thus avoiding the occasional Ice Beam or Fire Blast. You're also a few Speed points ahead of minimum Speed Gliscor.

#2: Swampert. Aka: Crusher.

RMT (How original.. lol)

Evs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 Sp.Atk
    Nature: Relaxed
    Trait: Torrent
    Moveset:
    - Earthquake
    - ice Beam
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar

ice Beam >>> Avalance. ice Beam guarantees a ohko on dragons, unlike Avalance, when you get intimidated. Sort out your evs aswell, make it more defensive, it doesnt need much attack at all.

#3: Gardevoir. Aka: Voir.

RMT (How original.. lol)

Evs: 252 HP / 48 SpA / 176 SpD / 32 Spe
    Nature: Modest
    Trait: Trace
    Moveset:
    - Psychic
    - Wish
    - Light Screen / Reflect / Will-o-wisp
    - Focus Blast / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball

Its not very good at setting up screens from personal experience, but meh, its up to you, i like will-o-wisp better, burning stuff like weavile and t-tar is funny when it thinks it can come in on you =p

You can run shadow ball in that last slot aswell, although it depends on what you want to hit.

#4: Salamence. Aka: Inazuma.

RMT (How original.. lol)

Evs: 120 HP / 136 speed / 252 Att
    Trait: Intimidate
    Moveset:
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Blast
    - Substitute

Overkill on speed much lol ? You have sub to DD behind, Sally REALLY needs the attack.

#5: Metagross. Aka: X-Factor.

RMT (How original.. lol)

Evs: 252 Atk + Spd / 4 HP.
    Trait: Clear Body
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Moveset:
    - Pursuit / Thunderpunch
    - Earthquake
    - Meteor Mash
    - Explosion

Celebi and skarmory remember this lol.

Anti - Pop likes T-Punch on this aswell it helps with bulky waters.

#6: Starmie. Aka: Lunarstar.

RMT (How original.. lol)

Evs: 120 Sp.Atk / 220 (or a bit more) Spd / 168 HP
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Moveset:
    - Surf
    - ThunderBolt
    - Recover
    - Rapid Spin

Rapid Spin, last slot or spikes and crap will wreck you.

Make this Bulky to beat Gyarados, infernape and stuff. Swampy is your dragon killer, so let this take out ape and Gyarados

Changes and suggestions are in bold.

I highly suggest you be careful of pursuiters coming in on Gardevoir and Starmie, if your wish support goes and your spinning and anti Gyarados goes in starmie, your gonna get problems.

Last edited:

PsyDragon Trainer

PokéPro?
    Years
  • Changes and suggestions are in bold.

I highly suggest you be careful of pursuiters coming in on Gardevoir and Starmie, if your wish support goes and your spinning and anti Gyarados goes in starmie, your gonna get problems.

Thanks! I'll change some of them, and you have an obvious point with Salamence and Starmie. I'll grab my Emerald and change the ones who are on them :). Perhaps this'll do better. Also, my Gardevoir has HP Fire 64, any good? Oh, and I can't get Will-O-Wisp because I don't want to re-breed her..

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • For Metagross, Pursuit is absolutely necessary for revenge killing while Thunderpunch will make it better at hitting more stuff. Really, it works best with a powerful choice bander that can weaken stuff so you can finish things off.

Also, don't be afraid to BOOM on Hippowdon or whatever to clear the way for Mence, who without a physical wall to stop it will late-ganme sweep lots of stuff.

Thunderpunch really does have lackluster power without a Choice Band though, so I can honestly say I'd use Pursuit over it. It's just too much fun. Don't overestimate it though, as bulky psychics and ghosts that don't switch out don't really mind pursuit. Be careful.

As for Salamence, I really don't recommend Fire blast when you have plenty of support to wipe out steels anyways. Earthquake would be better in all honesty. I do like Sub a lot on that though.

This team suffers from not having tremendous walling. Gardy really isn't a great special wall, especially when the most common special attacker you'll find tears it to shreds (Gengar). Also, strong pursuit users can obliterate Gardy and Starmie. Gyarados can take you down if Starmie gets a taste of Weavile, which could be a lot of trouble.

I'd replace Breloom or Salamence for a defensive pokemon, otherwise quite a few sweepers will have their way with you.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • Whenever I run Mixed Sweepers, I never use Modest or Adamant natures, so I'd recommend Hasty, Naughty or Lonely on your 'mence. TBolt over all else on Gardevoir for Sweeping purposes, and Reflect/Will-o-wisp over Light Screen because it could do with the extra defense to prevet being OHKO'd by Night Slash, Pursuit and what not. You should definately put Ice Beam on that Starmie as well instead of Recover.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Whenever I run Mixed Sweepers, I never use Modest or Adamant natures, so I'd recommend Hasty, Naughty or Lonely on your 'mence. TBolt over all else on Gardevoir for Sweeping purposes, and Reflect/Will-o-wisp over Light Screen because it could do with the extra defense to prevet being OHKO'd by Night Slash, Pursuit and what not. You should definately put Ice Beam on that Starmie as well instead of Recover.

Errrmm, why would he want Ice Beam, he has Swampert as a dragon counter, so is not needed on starmie. Recover lets it rapid spin continuously.

Lonely, Naughty are redundant, ive said this before and ill say it again, Fire Blast is still a 2hko on Skarmory and a ohko on forry with Adamant Nature, so lonely does nothing but cut its defenses.

PsyDragon Trainer

PokéPro?
    Years
  • Errrmm, why would he want Ice Beam, he has Swampert as a dragon counter, so is not needed on starmie. Recover lets it rapid spin continuously.

Lonely, Naughty are redundant, ive said this before and ill say it again, Fire Blast is still a 2hko on Skarmory and a ohko on forry with Adamant Nature, so lonely does nothing but cut its defenses.

Even Flamethrower 2HKOs Skarmory, so I might go for FF for the accuracy..

Anyways, Anti had a very good point, what you you guys recommend for Wall except Blissey / Skarmory / Bronzong since I hate the cheap bastard.. Also, when I get the evolution Item of Dusclops, I can get a Dusknoir because I already have the Dusclops ready. And I have a Magnezone ready, and Vaporeons (which I'm re-breeding atm).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Even Flamethrower 2HKOs Skarmory, so I might go for FF for the accuracy..

Anyways, Anti had a very good point, what you you guys recommend for Wall except Blissey / Skarmory / Bronzong since I hate the cheap bastard.. Also, when I get the evolution Item of Dusclops, I can get a Dusknoir because I already have the Dusclops ready. And I have a Magnezone ready, and Vaporeons (which I'm re-breeding atm).

LOL Blissey's not cheap, its the best sp.wall in the game. Skarmory and Bronzong are awesome aswell =[

Yeah, Dusknoir, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Cresselia, Spiritomb, Forretress , Tangrowth,Weezing, Donphan, Suicune, Drapion, Slowbro etc.

Anti- metagame Registeel is meant to be beastly aswell.

There are loads......

PsyDragon Trainer

PokéPro?
    Years
  • LOL Blissey's not cheap, its the best sp.wall in the game. Skarmory and Bronzong are awesome aswell =[

Yeah, Dusknoir, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Cresselia, Spiritomb, Forretress , Tangrowth,Weezing, Donphan, Suicune, Drapion, Slowbro etc.

Anti- metagame Registeel is meant to be beastly aswell.

There are loads......
    I'm thinking of changing Umbreon with Gardevoir for the Wish Passing..
    Seed Bomb is a good alternative to Leech Seed. You'd be walled by Spiritomb otherwise :/

Nah, Leech Seed saps the shizzle out of Spiritombs, I know it, I tried it :P.

Back