• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K3 Pokedex Tut

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
    This is ment for 2003, but will probably work for all makers.

First of this is a baseline, it is not a given code and you will need some imaganation for a unique one.
    NOTE: I WILL PUT UP THE CODE LATER ONcE THIs IS UP.

OK, first you need to get all the pics you need, like the pokemon and outside of the dex. https://lbmsonline.com/PSD-good/thumbnails/ArturoP-JesseM-picachu.jpg and https://208.109.97.61/games/shots/pokemon-pokedex.jpg

Then you need to import them.

Then you need to make a new map.

Then you make it all purple, black, or the blank colour in your chipset. (not water or land.)

Make a new event and click show picture......(picachu for instance)

It would be a pokemon and the outside of the pokedex.

Then you make another bit in the event that says if you press a key (its an event, I think its enter password) DOWN for instance the picture erases and another picture pops up.

It goes on and on, if you don't understand, I'll put up the code soon.

Please reply or I wont do any more.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Hey! I need the screenshot ! I cant understand without them!

Years
    I can...

I get the idea, and I already knew how to do something similar. And yes you can do with any maker since they all use similar events.

Anyways, nice, although 'coding' it would take a LOT of time, plus the use of switches for those Pokémon that you haven't seen yet, would take TOO much time for me. But it's good nonetheless.

7/10

Revolution

Da Bestest Pokemon Master
    Years
    I already knew this. I think you should've added more detail not sure if a lot of people would get this. If you add more detail it would be a lot better.

Years
    Hmmm so that's how you do it eh? Not bad not bad, but this isn't Creation Asylum, not everyone understands. You should put up the code.

Ciao.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    Hey Jonsploder, could you put some pics up of what it should look like if it's all put together right? I'm asking just so then when someone is making the pokedex, they're sure that it's right. Thanks

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
    Its very simple, I don't want to do it for you entirely, otherwise it will be a boring pokedex, if it isn't yours. Your need to give it your own special touch, make it interesting.

Anyway that was the idea. If you want a good pokedex of your own, just add something that you allways thought the pokedex needfor improvement. For instance I am not only going to do pokemon in the pokedex, but their movesets to. Its all imagination.

For those of you who need the code, I may have it up soon, the code will be for one pokemon, but you should change it abit to make it unique.

Anyway, I have not done many tuts before (only 1) so thats why it may appear crumby.

If you need any other help please PM me, i'll be happy to help.;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    The key to programming games is "Logic". Also, I don't recommend the use of non-coding in Game Making programs, because it can slow down the game if you're not careful, though I wish tutorials can include the actual example file for those that don't have the proper thinking power.

I like the example though. I'll make a little preview for those who use a program I use.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2008
    umm

could u explain the event code trigger? I get everything except that part, what does it do? and how do you push a trigger switch?

Back