• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
Years
  • Just use D_A's EVs because those give you the best overall defenses.

Yes.

hhhmmm, good point, could you have a smeargle set with ring and ingrain, that would be ace.can some one please rate my brand new set

t-tar@lefties
    brave nature
    252atk/252hp/4def or 4sp.def
    curse
    rockslide/stoneedge
    payback
    avalanch

got the idea from a t-tar thats in the battle factory, is this any good

Years
  • Metagross has a Quick Claw
    Tyranitar Leftovers
    Weavile Life Orb
    Togekiss Razor Claw
    Salamence Yache Berry
    Alakazam Focus Sash/Focus Band

I don't like the Choice Scarf or any choice item, but I do use them to screw around with my opponent with Trick.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Metagross has a Quick Claw
    Tyranitar Leftovers
    Weavile Life Orb
    Togekiss Razor Claw
    Salamence Yache Berry
    Alakazam Focus Sash/Focus Band
    Quick Claw, Razor Claw, and Focus Band are usually banned on tournaments because they rely on luck too much, etc. Focus Sash isn't a good item to use on stuff other than leading Pokemon because entry hazards such as Stealth Rock make it useless (you have to be a full health for it to work).

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Hey guys, I'm making a UU variation of my current team, and am looking for a few slots to be filled.

Here's what I currently have:

-Yanmega lead from the RMT I posted.
    -Standard CM support Uxie with SR>> Reflect.
    -Standard Mixed Sceptile.
    -Choice Scarf Mismagius with T-bolt/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/HP Ground.

What I'm looking for is a mixed sweeper that complements Sceptile well(that means that it can slam stuff like Registeel and Altaria and other things that stop Sceptile) and a bulky Pokemon with Explosion that resists Flying moves. I've been working with a Blaziken and Registeel atm, but I feel really susceptible to Aerial Ace Dugtrio, since nobody on my team can do squat to it.

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • Got a question. I have a Miltank that has these moves:

Stealth Rock
    Body Slam
    Heal Bell
    Milk Drink

It works pretty well as a healer/wall, but stuggles against Steel-types. I was thinking maybe I could give it Hammer Arm or Earthquake to deal with this.

I don't know which one is more beneficial.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Got a question. I have a Miltank that has these moves:

Stealth Rock
    Body Slam
    Heal Bell
    Milk Drink

It works pretty well as a healer/wall, but stuggles against Steel-types. I was thinking maybe I could give it Hammer Arm or Earthquake to deal with this.

In my opinion you could give it Earthquake over Stealth Rock. Hammer Arm's Speed drop is not good, because Miltank has decent speed. You won't get walled in UU with this combo, exept by a Magnet Rise Magneton. (Assuming Miltank has Scrappy.)

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    What should my lulz-Bibarel's EV spread be? I had 252 HP, 136 Atk and 60 defences in mind, but I'm not sure at all. (Max HP, Atk to hit jump point and rest in Defs.)

Here's the set: (ParaFusion Flinch)

Bibarel@Brightpowder
    Adamant ¦ Unaware
    -Thunder Wave
    -Swagger
    -Headbutt
    -Waterfall

Thunder Wave, Swagger and then a barrage of Headbutt. (Or Waterfall if resisted.) Unaware renders Swagger's attack boost useless. Thought it would need max HP and some attack, but not sure. And Lefties would probably be the item if hax item clause is in effect.

(This bows down to the mighty Dunsparce above in ParaFlinching, lol.)
    I guess it's okay lol.
    Got a question. I have a Miltank that has these moves:

Stealth Rock
    Body Slam
    Heal Bell
    Milk Drink

Depends on what your team needs. If your team doesn't need SR (and something else is using it), then use Earthquake/Hammer Arm over it. Same for the choice about Earthquake and Hammer Arm, do you want to hit Tyranitar, Bronzong, Skarmory, etc? Or, do you want to deal more significant damage to Heatran, Metagross, Magnezone, etc?

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • I guess it's okay lol.

Depends on what your team needs. If your team doesn't need SR (and something else is using it), then use Earthquake/Hammer Arm over it. Same for the choice about Earthquake and Hammer Arm, do you want to hit Tyranitar, Bronzong, Skarmory, etc? Or, do you want to deal more significant damage to Heatran, Metagross, Magnezone, etc?

Both you and rndm. have a good point. I'll have to look over my team and see what I need to use.

Thanks!

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Hi is this a good Gallade set

Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Gallade @ Life Orb
    Jolly nature
    252 Atk/252 Speed EVs
    Moves:
    -Psycho Cut
    -Close Combat
    -X Scissor
    -Stone Edge

If you've seen my Gallade before notice that Night Slash/Shadow Sneak has been replaced with X-Scissor. Gallade has proven too slow to get in a Night Slash Ghosts on and Psychics and Shadow Sneak priority didn't do enough damage once the Adamant nature was switched to Jolly. The reasoning behind the nature switch was to outspeed Adamant Lucario with a CC. X-Scissor does 2 things for me: 1) It hits fellow Psychics and enemy Darks, while Night Slash/Shadow Sneak also did the same to Psychics, X-Scisssor can be an alternative to CC against frail Darks to spare Gallade the defense drops and CC's precious 5 PP. and 2) Finally a bug move to hit Celebi with! The only other alternative I had in mind was Signal Beam on my Anti-Lead Starmie but seeing that it's a Water-type that was more of a gamble. I may use U-Turn over Healing Wish on Jirachi but Healing Wish is essential to give my two main sweepers (Alakazam and Gallade) a second chance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Adamant Grovyle

GrassWhistle
    Leaf Blade
    Endeavor
    Quick Attack

Battle Item: Focus Sash
    Training Item: Power Bracer and Anklet

Strategy: If opponent is beatable, use Grasswhistle and or Leaf Blade. If not, use Endeavor-Quick Attack combo.

Any suggestions on how I can make this work?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Adamant Grovyle

GrassWhistle
    Leaf Blade
    Endeavor
    Quick Attack

Battle Item: Focus Sash
    Training Item: Power Bracer and Anklet

Strategy: If opponent is beatable, use Grasswhistle and or Leaf Blade. If not, use Endeavor-Quick Attack combo.

Any suggestions on how I can make this work?

Focus Sash is only good on leads or have a reliable Rapid Spinner handy to blow away entry hazards. Also NFE's are a no-no .

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Which would be best suited to be a Mixed Tank? Arcanine or Blaziken? And if neither what other Fire type would you recommend for that purpose?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Which would be best suited to be a Mixed Tank? Arcanine or Blaziken? And if neither what other Fire type would you recommend for that purpose?

No fire type makes a good tank because of the SR weakness, lack of resistances etc.

The only fire type who can "tank" is Heatran, it has fantastic defenses and is neutral to sr. You then have your choice of rest talking or using support moves like Roar, SR, Toxic, W-O-W (not all on the same set obv) and alot more.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Blaziken is a huge no-no, 80/70/70 defenses is pretty frail to be a good tank. It's best to keep it as a sweeper. Arcanine can be used as a physical tank I suppose (with Intimidate of course), I don't know about mixed though. To be honest, the only Fire Pokemon that have even chance of being a mixed tank would be Heatran. Fire-type isn't the best type to choose when looking for something that can take hits (especially when most of them are Stealth Rock weak).

Edit: Beaten. ;o;

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Thanks for the reply. I'm also doubting myself on choosing a fire type as a tank. I think the two would be best suited as sweepers, but I'm just testing things out and trying to pick something unexpected.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Thanks.

I thought it was but I saw Charizard (who used to be one of the more used pokemon) at UU and I wondered if it was inaccurate.

Well, according to the most recent Smogon tiers, Charizard is classified as UU.

EDIT: Just checked the Smogon stats, and it looks like Rhyperior is now UU as well, and Roserade is OU.

Last edited:

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • Hi is this a good Gallade set

Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Gallade @ Life Orb
    Jolly nature
    252 Atk/252 Speed EVs
    Moves:
    -Psycho Cut
    -Close Combat
    -X Scissor
    -Stone Edge

If you've seen my Gallade before notice that Night Slash/Shadow Sneak has been replaced with X-Scissor. Gallade has proven too slow to get in a Night Slash Ghosts on and Psychics and Shadow Sneak priority didn't do enough damage once the Adamant nature was switched to Jolly. The reasoning behind the nature switch was to outspeed Adamant Lucario with a CC. X-Scissor does 2 things for me: 1) It hits fellow Psychics and enemy Darks, while Night Slash/Shadow Sneak also did the same to Psychics, X-Scisssor can be an alternative to CC against frail Darks to spare Gallade the defense drops and CC's precious 5 PP. and 2) Finally a bug move to hit Celebi with! The only other alternative I had in mind was Signal Beam on my Anti-Lead Starmie but seeing that it's a Water-type that was more of a gamble. I may use U-Turn over Healing Wish on Jirachi but Healing Wish is essential to give my two main sweepers (Alakazam and Gallade) a second chance.

seems good, IMHO i would replace scizzor with sneak but to hit celabie is pretty osential,could u use destiny bond on a galaade

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back