• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Quiz, trivia and game shows

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    What sort of shows in this genre (I suppose it is a genre) do you watch? Killing time in quarantine and getting back into a few of them I used to watch in Oz. (I'll post about them in more detail later)

Years
    I used to watch quite a lot of them!

I was more into general knowledge trivia type programs, rather than the ones that are more like a game with a quiz tacked on, if that makes sense. My partner quite enjoyed those. We used to really enjoy one called pointless, where you had to find the most obscure answer to a question, but we stopped watching that after one of the hosts done some disagreeable things towards a marginalised community.

I haven't watched any quizzes in quite some time because I can't watch live TV now, so I rarely turn the on tv anymore, unless it's to watch something on Netflix or Prime.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've honestly never been interested in them. There's a very popular one in Sweden though called På Spåret meaning "on track" which is a pun on the teams trying to figure out geography, history and culture questions related to areas they literally pretend-travel to on train tracks as their booths resemble different train cars. I bet at least a third of swedes still watch it religiously every Friday d:

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Usually prefers word and survey-based game shows. Watches Chain Reaction (essentially Two Word Chain in Forum Games) sometimes. Serves as a good distraction while walking around inside.

Pays passing attention to trivia-based shows. Knows too few answers to participate well. Draws most of them out too long. (Applies to a lot of game shows, admittedly.)

Years
    my favorite gameshow of all time is Match Game. I used to watch reruns of the 70s run of it back at my grandmother's house, or even late at night. I quite like the recent reboot of it on ABC, but part of me misses the forced innuendos due to censorship at the time.

I'm also partial to Family Feud and Wheel of Fortune.

Back