• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen question about honey trees

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2007
    I cannot seem to get honey trees to attract any pokemon. I put the honey on the tree, wait about 12 hours, come back and there is no pokemon. I even wait a little longer and stilll nothing. I have done this many, many times and can't figure it out.

an someone please give me some tips, I am really wanting a vespiqueen bad.

Also, is it possible to speed time up ahead to achieve this, because I am almost fed up with waiting 12 hours.

Capin' Keanan

I Have No Boat. :(
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2007
    Most of the time honey wont work, you have to try it again and again, getting a Pokemon to appear with honey is a very rare occurrence, but it is worth it, as you said you can get such Pokemon as Combee which will soon evolve into Vespiqueen.

As for the speeding up thing, i guess Turing your Nintendo DS Clock forward would work, but i don't know, Ive never tried it.

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
    Years
  • I also got a bit frustrated when no Pokemon appeared in many hours. I have no "scientifical" facts about this but it'll take about 5-8 hours, probably, until they appear. But if you encounter with a female Combee, it was worth it.

Levitating Ladybug

Ebil Ladybug
    Years
  • If you do find a Combee but it's male, turn the game off without saving, then check it again. If you save before checking the tree, the pokemon's gender and level will change. What type of pokemon it is doesn't, though.

Endless_Winters

..A wasteland of lost thoughts
    Years
  • lmfao you said scientifical.. okay so anyways, back on topic - I've had pokemon appear on a honey tree within an hour, then other times I've had to wait about 5 or 6 hours. Im not sure if there's any "scientifical" (XD) process that needs to take its course, but it seems to be random for me.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • I find the best way is to smear as many trees with honey as I can, then come back later to check. I usually find a rare pokemon.

And I used Levitating Ladybug's 'reset' trick a few times on Combee. They always tend to be male (darn the gender ratio!). But I did get lucky on one tree.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I've found a Female Combee on my first try. But you can look one up on the GTS but there are alot of people that are still looking for a female one. Combees are so common that all you have to do like stated above just keep soft reseting

:t354:TG

Luminous_Reaver

Never good enough
    Years
  • First off, proper english is "I think", don't talk like a damn pirate on here

And it WILL attract A pokemon everytime, it's just that you get different pokemon depending on how long you wait.

Me thinks you should mind your business. Would ye consider writing out "Pokémon," before ye be correctin' a person's grammar? Arr. At least do the English language a favor and give it the respect it deserves.

Back