• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSP emulation

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Ok, there is a VBA for the PSP, it works just great, but I was wondering how to run those pokemon hacks, like blue sea or the other ones...I mean, how exactily would one do that?

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
    you would run it the same way as u would for the pc,

dwnload the patch file for the hack,
    Patch it to a CLEAN rom,
    move to psp
    enjoy portable pokemon on playstation portable

this also should be in the simple questions thread of a hlep one. it didnt need it's own thread ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Thats the one that I would love to play, but it doesnt start on my psp, if I may ask, what emulator are you using please?

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    No, I have loaded thousands of roms on my PSP before, I dont think you understood what i was trying to say....For some reason, Shiny Gold WILL not work for me, all I get is a white screen...

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    3.40 OE-A, just like in ur tutorial, I have my folder set for 1.50 Kernal and ive even tried for 3.50 kernal and made a GAME150 folder but i still get that white screen

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    u shouldnt need to make a GAME150 folder, it should already have one.

my suggestion is to delete ur current emu for it and download everything following my tutorial i made in the link i gave ya

Juniorslick

Gengar-The Original Ghost Poke
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2008
    Just get GPSP v.9 for psp put the two folders in the GAME150 folder also make sure that you have the GBA BIOS and place it in the folder without the %...............then put your games in the roms folder and load it from the game Menu

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    *sigh* I have loaded plenty of pkmn roms before, i even have used Chaos black and others like that, but for some reason, Liquid Ocean and Shiny gold DO NOT work, i would like to know how to fix it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    ur saying that u played other roms in ur psp, but shiny gold dont work?

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Exactily, shiny gold and liquid ocean do not work, shiny gold is just a white screen and liquid ocean has the GBA logo, then goes to a black screen with distorted red and blue pixels on it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    than i dont think its emulator problem

maybe just a bad rom try to get it somewhere else and patch it with ips files in this site

a pokemon gba rom should be 16 mb
    unless mystery dengeon red rescue team (30 mb)
    if ya didnt know

Juniorslick

Gengar-The Original Ghost Poke
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2008
    yea its prob a bad rom cause Shiny Gold works on my psp

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    I did that! Im not stupid, I got the IPS file, I applied it to a clean fire red rom and all it is a white screen

Back