• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-.-' Power outage...

deathfire234

neid moar cokiez ~.:.:NAO:.:.~
    Years
    Don't you hate those power outages
    that take out everyone in your zip
    code? That happened last night, it
    was from 6 PM to 1 AM, that bugged
    me. But hey, I scared my sister
    half to death. She was in the dark
    and I ran in there, ran up to her
    (she didn't see me) and grabbed
    her shoulders. She SCREAMED, until
    I started laughing.

Natalie♥

Not even the sky is the limit
    Years
    The power went out here yesterday three times while I was on the computer. It would stay out for a few minutes and then it would come back on. I hate having to restart the computer.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    Power went out here a couple times too, though never for more than a second or two.

Kind of annoying having to sort everything out because of those few seconds.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    We haven't had a big power outage here since that one that took out the power in half of Eastern US and Canada. :| All the others have lasted maybe a few minutes.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    It did go out here as well yesterday. Are you people experiencing the monsoon as well? We had a severe thunderstorm here last Friday too. It was actually welcoming.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    Power outages + John = Hell D:

Seriously, when it starts to get all hot and stuff, I start getting all whiney, no one wants that. XD But the last big one we had was like 2 years ago, when I had to go to my uncle's. I'm just as whiney when the A/C goes out. XD

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Why doesn't anybody else call them blackouts? XD Anyways, even though we're in winter, it's only happened like twice, and those times were in the middle of the night. When I was younger I was way scared of blackouts because of the fact that candles were lit and candles x curtains = fire. XD Though I've never been near a fire in my life, blackouts still kinda scare me.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    When I was younger there was a power outage in my neighboorhood and I got really scared. I was looking outside the window and the telephone poll got struck by lightning..*shudder*

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    When I was little there was a power outage down here and it lasted like 16hours. Dayyum It was so scary but atleast my mom let me out to the park all day when I was grounded x)

Natalie♥

Not even the sky is the limit
    Years
    Ours went out three times. Mainly just for a couple of seconds, but i had to restart my computer each time and get back on the internet. It takes at least three min. just to get on.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Mississauga had a few really bad thunderstorms in June. Luckily, we didn't have a black-out.

RJx2541

TALK TO THE PAW!
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    lol good prank i used to do that when I had a sister BTW i hate power outages cuz i can't go on my frickin computer

Roihu

In America
    Years
    It went out once for me since I forgot some Hurricane...
    It rarely goes out where I live.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Why doesn't anybody else call them blackouts? XD Anyways, even though we're in winter, it's only happened like twice, and those times were in the middle of the night. When I was younger I was way scared of blackouts because of the fact that candles were lit and candles x curtains = fire. XD Though I've never been near a fire in my life, blackouts still kinda scare me.
    We use the term blackouts too, but it's usually reserved for when the power is out indefinitely, or for a longer period of time than usual. I use power outages to describe when the power's out for maybe...5 to 10 minutes? Blackouts when it's longer. :\

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    The power went out at my school in the middle of my computer class... on the day I actually chose to do work... I never did work in that class again.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I hate them, but I love it when it happens in school. It happen to me in the 6th grade twice. Once in school and we were taking a test or I think it was a boring class and I was happy it went out. And when I was at home and I wasn't happy one bit

:t354:TG

Seremiya

Love Serenity
    Years
    We use the term blackouts too, but it's usually reserved for when the power is out indefinitely, or for a longer period of time than usual. I use power outages to describe when the power's out for maybe...5 to 10 minutes? Blackouts when it's longer. :\

I use blackouts to describe a power outage that takes place at night. Guess you could say I use the terms in a literal sense.

Blackouts at home suck, no matter what. One way to get me to sleep is have me listen to opera, another is to completely cut the power at my house. A power outage at school on the other hand can sometimes be fun, especially when whatever we were doing depends on computers or an overhead projector. Our boring lesson turns into one big social session. =)

Back