• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon: Winter Version (v1.12) - DLC: THE EXCELLENT EXPLORATION NOW AVAILABLE (07/23/22) BUGFIX PATCH FOR DLC OUT

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    are there gyms in this game or no?

Yes and no. Towns have gyms, but "gym season" is over in the winter in the region. You can visit most of the gyms through side-quests, but they aren't the focal point of a town.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Can I have permission from you to add in Gen 6-8 Pokemon via PBS editing and adding in their sprites? I'll also edit teams to include those Pokemon. I promise that nothing will be damaged, I just wanted to add variety to Winter's roster.

Years
    • She/her/hers
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    You say 9 playable characters, but when I start up the game, it defaults to one boy and won't let me chose. Will this be changed?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can I have permission from you to add in Gen 6-8 Pokemon via PBS editing and adding in their sprites? I'll also edit teams to include those Pokemon. I promise that nothing will be damaged, I just wanted to add variety to Winter's roster.
    Are you able to make edits to your local version like that? I didn't think changing the pbs files would do anything, since the compiler takes the info from the text files and builds them as part of the .exe file. If that works, sure I don't care what you do with your local version.

You say 9 playable characters, but when I start up the game, it defaults to one boy and won't let me chose. Will this be changed?
    Sorry, I think you misread where it says "chapters" instead of "characters". I'd eventually like to add another character, a girl, but the spriting is a lot of work and it fell far down the todo list.

Years
    Anyone know how to solve the ancient temple strength puzzle because I´ve been trying to no solve it to no avail

Years
    • She/her/hers
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I do have a critique: fix the wild pokemon encounter levels to be closer to the levels of the trainers. I shouldn't be having to grind on zigzagoons level 19-20 when my Ponyta needs to be level 40 at minimum. And maybe add more variety of encounters early on?
    Also, update the move set for Charmander please! I would REALLY like a flying type move early on!

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/her/hers
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I found a bug: the bridges in The Wilds are on the wrong layer. I can't walk on them, so I'm stuck.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I do have a critique: fix the wild pokemon encounter levels to be closer to the levels of the trainers. I shouldn't be having to grind on zigzagoons level 19-20 when my Ponyta needs to be level 40 at minimum. And maybe add more variety of encounters early on?
    Also, update the move set for Charmander please! I would REALLY like a flying type move early on!
    Yeah, that's been a somewhat common criticism is wild Pokemon levels. There are several repeatable trainers you can grind for much better exp though, such as on the department store roof.

I found a bug: the bridges in The Wilds are on the wrong layer. I can't walk on them, so I'm stuck.
    Are you using speed up? I think the speed up script can screw with the bridge on/off tiles. If you are in an area with bridges, I would turn off speed up.

Anyone know how to solve the ancient temple strength puzzle because I´ve been trying to no solve it to no avail
    It's a bit crude but here you go:
    https://imgur.com/a/sH4s0CJ

Years
    Thank you,however I already solved that part I was under the impression we had to push the boulders down the holes for some reason.So that´s all there is to the puzzle uh,well i overthought things.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just wanted to drop in and say thank you to everyone who has played the game! Today we hit 1,000 downloads on the full game release!

I've taken a break from working on the game a bit since finishing, but I wanted to give some information about upcoming content:

- Tie up some loose ends on the map, adding a new town and bonus dungeon accessible in sections during chapters 4 and 6
    - Revamp the ancient shrines dungeon (in the game currently, but it needs a map rework)
    - Finish the Shadow Trials dungeon
    - Pokemon League re-challenge

Hope you are all enjoying the game!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    how to i get to the nix town gym leader?
    Speak to the guy standing on the bridge in Nix Town after completing chapter 7, he'll direct you to where he thinks she is, and you'll have to find someone in that town as well to tell you where to go next.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2022
    I need some help please. I used surf in the snowy mountain where articuno is when i was on a bridge and went up a waterfall the game froze and i got an error about script timing out, the game saved and then exited. I reloaded the game and now I can walk through walls. But I went to the pokemon center and now i cant get out im stuck on this black area with my reflection. Any way this can be fixed? I have attached images.

Pokemon: Winter Version (v1.12) - DLC: THE EXCELLENT EXPLORATION NOW AVAILABLE (07/23/22) BUGFIX PATCH FOR DLC OUT

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I need some help please. I used surf in the snowy mountain where articuno is when i was on a bridge and went up a waterfall the game froze and i got an error about script timing out, the game saved and then exited. I reloaded the game and now I can walk through walls. But I went to the pokemon center and now i cant get out im stuck on this black area with my reflection. Any way this can be fixed? I have attached images.

Pokemon: Winter Version (v1.12) - DLC: THE EXCELLENT EXPLORATION NOW AVAILABLE (07/23/22) BUGFIX PATCH FOR DLC OUT

If you join the discord in the main post, you can send me your save file and I'll fix it for you.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2022
    i appreciate it very much but i found a way out and when i finished the snowy mountain mission the game fixed itself. i beat the league where do i go now?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i appreciate it very much but i found a way out and when i finished the snowy mountain mission the game fixed itself. i beat the league where do i go now?

Beat the league as in finished chapter 10? If so that's all there is for now, but if you mean you finished chapter 8 then you need to go back to Ceriama Stadium.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Are you able to make edits to your local version like that? I didn't think changing the pbs files would do anything, since the compiler takes the info from the text files and builds them as part of the .exe file. If that works, sure I don't care what you do with your local version.

Sorry, I think you misread where it says "chapters" instead of "characters". I'd eventually like to add another character, a girl, but the spriting is a lot of work and it fell far down the todo list.

Thank you. I'm working on it right now. Why I wanted to add Gen 6+, is because of Kingdra, Palkia, Sableye, and Spiritomb. Without Fairy, those 4 would be too good, especially Kingdra and Palkia.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Version 1.01 will be released within the next few days. It will address a lot of small glitches that have been reported and duplicate TM's. More importantly wild Pokemon levels are being buffed across the board to make grinding easier. For almost every area in the game wild Pokemon levels will be brought closer to the trained Pokemon levels in the same areas.

Additionally, Ceriaman Koffing will finally be catchable with a 10% encounter rate in Red Cave.

Thank you all so much for playing, we just hit 2,000 downloads and 140 people in our Discord community! I never imagined Pokemon Winter would have this much success, it's been an awesome ride.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The first update of the completed game can be found here.

This fixes a lot of bugs that have been found, including several game breaking ones and fixed Chikorita's White Heat ability to actually work. There were several remaining duplicate TM's that I fixed also.

The main difference with this version is the level of wild Pokemon. They have been buffed in nearly every location in the game to help out with grinding.

Hope you guys enjoy! By the time v1.8 ran its course, it got over 3,000 downloads!

Back