• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help: Pokemon Home Trading Help

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    Hi, I can't find anywhere in the forums to specifically ask about Pokemon Home so I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I'm desperate for answers. I need an explanation please.

How am I supposed to trade with a friend in another country? Friend trading is, FOR SOME REASON, local only. That is completely, absolutely, utterly, totally baffling to me. Why, in this day and age of online connectivity, and making friends across the world, would you make that choice?! The only logical reason I can see for this is that they're doing it while the app is new and then online trading will be implemented later. I JUST WANT TO TRADE STUFF WITH FRIENDS FAR AWAY!!! If friend trading is local only then what's the point in adding people as friends when you have to be stood right next to them in order to do so?! Every single person on my Home friends list lives far away from me. Only one other person on my friends list lives within 200 miles of me!! How am I supposed to trade with my friends? Also, trade rooms don't work for some reason, I get into a room with the friend I want to trade with and then that's it. We can't do anything else. No options to select Pokemon or anything. Our only option, once we're together in a trade room, is to leave the room. I'm totally gobsmacked by how difficult they've made it for me to trade with a friend. The existence of wonder trading and the GTS means it IS possible to trade with people far away. Why then can I only do so with strangers and not people I actually know?!

Please help me.

Years
    It's really dumb but sadly that's the way it is /: Seems like your best bet is having someone with premium make a trade room and then joining along with a third person you trust (trade rooms require a minimum of 3 people, which is probably why it didn't work for you) that will give you the Pokémon if they end up getting it (since trade rooms are basically wonder trade and no one knows who will get the mon). Or put the Pokémon up on GTS and have the person trade quickly. Would be slightly less of an issue if SwSh had the national dex, since we could at least move things over and distance trade that way....

Back